Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:01 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 39  Next
General Movie News 
Auteur

Post Re: General Movie News
Making a sequel to that film sounds like one of the worst ideas Hollywood has ever had(right up there with that Lego movie).

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:09 pm
Producer

I can see it succeeding in only one way: Mel Brooks directs an all-star cast of comedians and celebrity cameos.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:57 pm
Director

Lars von Trier's Nymphomaniac NSFW Official Trailer

Still haven't seen any of the guy's works yet, but always enjoy the buzz (good, bad, otherwise) surrounding him and his films.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:06 pm
Cinematographer

peng wrote:

Still haven't seen any of the guy's works yet, but always enjoy the buzz (good, bad, otherwise) surrounding him and his films.

I'm still trying to figure out whether or not this is a comedy. Those orgasmic posters released for the film a little while back are hilarious and more than a little disturbing.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
Director

peng wrote:

Sex addiction sure is picking up steam as a movie topic. As many of you know, SHAME is one of my favorite movies in recent years, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this sort of tale from a female perspective.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:11 pm
Director

Nothing too major to put in the official thread yet: Lucasfilm is searching in Chicago for cast members to fill two roles in the 2015 Star Wars. And here's the casting sheet.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:31 am
Director

Viral marketing for X-Men: Days of Future Past begins, and it's... kind of weird (in a not good way) maybe?

Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:11 am
Assistant Director

MGamesCook wrote:
http://www.thewrap.com/quentin-tarantino-reviews-lone-ranger-bashes-batman/

Tarantino calls Batman an uninteresting role for any actor to play. Says Michael Keaton did it best. Sorry, Mr. Bale.

That opinion of Tarantino (Keaton did the best best not that Batman is an uninterested role) is one of the two that I agreed in that article lol. The other was that Baldwin would have been a great Batman. To have an idea of how badass acting and looking was Alec Baldwin in those days, see this clip from Glengarry Glen Ross (1992) 8-)

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Producer

Baldwin could have done it--and did, after a fashion, as The Shadow.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:56 pm
Director

The first trailer (1.43 minutes) for Interstellar will be attached to the new Hobbit film.

Just looked up its info and holy shit the cast: Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Bill Irwin, John Lithgow, Casey Affleck, Wes Bentley, David Oyelowo, Ellen Burstyn and Michael Caine. Most impressive Nolan ensemble yet?

Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:55 pm
Director

peng wrote:
The first trailer (1.43 minutes) for Interstellar will be attached to the new Hobbit film.

Just looked up its info and holy shit the cast: Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Bill Irwin, John Lithgow, Casey Affleck, Wes Bentley, David Oyelowo, Ellen Burstyn and Michael Caine. Most impressive Nolan ensemble yet?

Indeed it is! Haters are gonna hate, of course, but this goes straight to the top of my most anticipated movies of 2014. :D

Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:12 pm
Second Unit Director

KWRoss wrote:
peng wrote:

Indeed it is! Haters are gonna hate, of course, but this goes straight to the top of my most anticipated movies of 2014. :D

Easily. I'm expecting a Best Picture nomination. And I'm expecting to get completely mindfucked, like with any good Nolan film.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:23 am
Profile WWW
Director

Haters gonna hate, fanboys gonna bait.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:06 am
Director

Sigh. Moving on..

The Amazing Spider-Man 2's new poster has our first look at Rhino and Green Goblin. Ok, that many villains vaguely recall Spider-Man 3, unfavorably:

Also, first footage of F&F7 from the sixth movie's dvd bonus, although it's just a funeral footage.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:09 am
Auteur

peng wrote:

Sounds very meh.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:50 am
Director

Yeah they could have squeezed in The Rock or Jason Statham in there..

Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:43 am
Second Unit Director

KWRoss wrote:
peng wrote:

Sex addiction sure is picking up steam as a movie topic. As many of you know, SHAME is one of my favorite movies in recent years, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this sort of tale from a female perspective.

I did a quick search on IMDB about Nymphomanic and found that Von Trier's director's cut for this film will be 330 min (5 and a half hours). I'm wondering if this film will be split into 2 films as it is released internationally (as was done for Lord of the Rings). I'm also wondering if the content of the film really justifies the running length or if this is an example of a director's excesses getting the better of the material (something that Von Trier has been criticized for in past films).

Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:46 am
Producer

Von Trier has talent, but is just puerile with it.

Dogville is a film that split me right down the middle. On the one side, I dug what it was saying about groupthought - but it's just so ... rancid

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:03 am
Second Unit Director

Apparently Paul Walker just died in a car crash! Though the only source is TMZ right now...

http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/30/paul-walker-dead-dies-car-accident-fatal-fire-crash/

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:31 pm
Director

patrick wrote:
Apparently Paul Walker just died in a car crash! Though the only source is TMZ right now...

http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/30/paul-walker-dead-dies-car-accident-fatal-fire-crash/

No fucking way...

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:45 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 39  Next