Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:11 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Movies 2015 
Director

Post Re: Movies 2015

Two points for me so far.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:24 pm
Cinematographer

Star Wars: Episode VII Coming to Theaters on December 18, 2015

Superman/Batman is getting interesting :mrgreen:

The Avengers is a sure show!

Hope for Bond 25 to make 2015 unforgettable 8-)

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:31 am
Profile WWW
Cinematographer

Mission: Impossible 5 Set for Christmas Day 2015 Release

Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
Director

Independence Day 2 has been moved from 2015 to 2016(which is 20 years after the original)

Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:24 pm
Director

So, one week after Star Wars? Man, this overcrowded 2015 is going to get someone hurt real good.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:39 pm
Producer

Summer of '89 all over again.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:08 am
Director

Mad Max: Fury Road is releasing 5/15/15, 30 years after the last installment.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:15 pm
Auteur

calvero wrote:

Excellent, really excited about that film.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:13 pm
Cinematographer

calvero wrote:

I was expecting this one earlier so it is a bit of surprising. Anyway, I will see it no matter in which year finally goes out :mrgreen:

Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:52 am
Profile WWW
Cinematographer

You people know hardly anything about these movies. How in the actual fuck can you start claiming that this could be one of the best years ever for movies? That makes absolutely no sense. What, exactly, are you excited about? A brand name, basically.

I hear Michael Jordan is releasing a new pair of basketball shoes in 2015. OHHHHHHHHEMMMMMMMMGEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:38 pm
Cinematographer

PeachyPete wrote:
You people know hardly anything about these movies. How in the actual fuck can you start claiming that this could be one of the best years ever for movies? That makes absolutely no sense. What, exactly, are you excited about? A brand name, basically.

I hear Michael Jordan is releasing a new pair of basketball shoes in 2015. OHHHHHHHHEMMMMMMMMGEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

The brands are the movies themselves. Do Bond ring a bell to you? or Sueprman? what about Batman? Would it The Avenger a brand? Will it movie watchers to see these films ? maybe i am wrong lol

Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Cinematographer

unwindfilms wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:

The brands are the movies themselves. Do Bond ring a bell to you? or Sueprman? what about Batman? Would it The Avenger a brand? Will it movie watchers to see these films ? maybe i am wrong lol

You've managed to decipher my cryptically worded post and arrived at the point I was making. You're a regular 1924 Buster Keaton film!

Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:43 pm
Cinematographer

PeachyPete wrote:
unwindfilms wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:

The brands are the movies themselves. Does Bond ring a bell to you? or Superman? what about Batman? Would it The Avenger be a brand? Will movie watchers to see these films ? maybe i am wrong lol

You've managed to decipher my cryptically worded post and arrived at the point I was making. You're a regular 1924 Buster Keaton film!

I thought that you might be talking the year 2015 as a brand for movies which it might become if more brand films keep lining up ;-)

No fan of silent films at all but definitely of Michael Jordan. Now not to the point of wearing his brand shoes lol

Happy to watch his Bull's games anytime thou

Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Director

Quote:

Talk about worst fears realized. Movies have gone completely from art to brand and people are happy about it.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:05 pm
Cinematographer

MGamesCook wrote:
Quote:
The brands are the movies themselves. Does Bond ring a bell to you? or Superman? what about Batman? Would it The Avenger be a brand? Will movie watchers to see these films ? maybe i am wrong lol

Talk about worst fears realized. Movies have gone completely from art to brand and people are happy about it.

These movies are about brand names. Movies like Rocky starts as a form of art and then later on becomes a franchise with a brand name. There is nothing wrong with brand names. In particular cool brand names such as Bond, Superman , Batman and The Avengers. 2015 is open for art house films too and I would analyze the end of that year and hope for some quality newcomers to make the year truly memorable.

I am excited so far with 2015 !

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

I just can't believe anyone is excited to see the next Bond film. You did all see the same Skyfall as me didn't you? It was bad people. BAD. It wasn't even a "Bond" film - at least not by the definition of "Bond" set by it's predecessors. You have seen the predecessors haven't you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWfg__wKSY

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:35 am
Auteur

nitrium wrote:
I just can't believe anyone is excited to see the next Bond film. You did all see the same Skyfall as me didn't you? It was bad people. BAD. It wasn't even a "Bond" film - at least not by the definition of "Bond" set by it's predecessors. You have seen the predecessors haven't you?

Well most of us liked it, sorry you feel differently, but you're not going to convince me that it's a bad film.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:52 am
Producer

nitrium wrote:

We all saw the same Skyfall as you and many of us disagree with your position. Is that so inconceivable?

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:15 am
Director

nitrium wrote:

Man I've seen its predecessors so many times I must know every shot better than the directors who made them. And Skyfall is equal to the absolute best of them. It captures everything I always loved about the spirit of Bond and then some.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:34 am
Cinematographer

nitrium wrote:

I was very disappointed with the turn that Bond had in Quantum of Solace and Skyfall started in that mode but it finished with the classic cinematic Bond and the film made over 1 Billion dollars in the boxoffice so it was a rather popular entry in the franchise. I also know that Sam Mendes would not come back directing if he does not feel to have a very good project in hand again so Yes I am excited with the next Bond and I hope that it does not get delayed beyond 2015 :-)

Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:42 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next