Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:43 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Star Wars: Episode VII. (Not speculation. And not kidding.) 
Producer

Post Re: Star Wars: Episode VII. (Not speculation. And not kidding.)
If Abrams were to use anybody besides Williams, it's a good bet he'd go with Michael Giacchino, his very best friend in the whole wide world.

I'm tempted to say that Giacchino wouldn't be a bad choice, but there is no replacing John Williams and the idea of anybody trying to do so is terribly upsetting.

As for the next movie inevitably disappointing everybody, yeah, you're almost certainly right. The only question is who will be the pariah for this one.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:59 am
Auteur

I don't think the next film is going to be dissapointing, though that's probably because unlike most people I don't hold the original trilogy on an impossibly high pedestal.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:23 pm
Director

Quote:
Gareth Edwards, the British director behind the recent Gozilla movie, is to direct the first Star Wars spin-off film.

The unnamed film, confirmed by the Walt Disney Company, will be in addition to the new Star Wars trilogy, the first instalment of which will be directed by JJ Abrams and has begun shooting in the UK and Abu Dhabi.

Writer Gary Whitta, who scripted The Book of Eli, will write the screenplay for the spin-off, which is due for release on Dec 16, 2016 - almost exactly a year after Star Wars: Episode VII (Dec 18, 2015).

In a statement, Edwards said: “Ever since I saw Star Wars I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life - join the Rebel Alliance! I could not be more excited and honoured to go on this mission.”

http://www.screendaily.com/news/star-wa ... ferrer=RSS

Fri May 23, 2014 11:27 am
Director

Don't care about the non-'Episodes,' in all honesty. :|

Fri May 23, 2014 9:22 pm
Auteur

H.I. McDonough wrote:
Don't care about the non-'Episodes,' in all honesty. :|

I think they have some good potential to give us some more info about other characters.

Fri May 30, 2014 12:15 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9