Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:33 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman? 
Author Message
Director
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:35 am
Posts: 1745
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
Ken wrote:
Wonder Woman's height tends to vacillate. She's always tall. Sometimes she's taller than Batman. The point is that she's an Amazon. It's not enough to be beautiful--she has to be imposing.

I wouldn't go for anyone who's already famous. A talent search would be best.


Well, clearly you need Gwendoline Christie. You must admit she's imposing.

_________________
Evil does not wear a bonnet!--Mr. Tinkles


Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:34 pm
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm
Posts: 2157
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
I think you may have something here.

Find a writer who's capable of drafting screenplays with sexually progressive feminist characters and some producers who aren't afraid to leave that stuff in their squillion dollar movie and there's a chance in hell that it might work.

_________________
The temptation is to like what you should like--not what you do like... another temptation is to come up with an interesting reason for liking it that may not actually be the reason you like it.


Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:00 am
Profile
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 812
Location: Hobart Australia
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
Gwendoline Christie? at 6' 3" is too tall for my own taste (WW is normally reported as 6' and I wouldn't go taller than that myself) although ken seems fine with this choice.Also, I saw a bunch of pictures in the net and I couldn't find one which I could say that Gwen has the WW look. However, Thanks to Syd for finding an actress there over 6' tall to place it in the mix!

Now Jaimie is still my choice. Beaten only in the height department (for too tall lol) by Gwen , Jaimie has the edge with the WW look , 6 years younger, proven herself in a similar role (Sif) and definitely hotter 8-)

_________________
The pen is truly mightier than the sword
The Joker (Batman - 1989)


Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:17 am
Profile WWW
Assistant Second Unit Director

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:49 am
Posts: 112
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
Gwendoline Christie is honestly the first suggestion that I genuinely liked. She's a fucking beast in Game of Thrones, and I think it would be fun to see her kick ass on the big screen.

But I doubt it would happen.

I think you probably do have to go with an unknown. There really aren't many actresses I can see in the role. Hopefully whoever they pick at least looks like they could kick ass.


Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:59 am
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3837
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
AJR wrote:
Gwendoline Christie is honestly the first suggestion that I genuinely liked. She's a fucking beast in Game of Thrones, and I think it would be fun to see her kick ass on the big screen.

But I doubt it would happen.

I think you probably do have to go with an unknown. There really aren't many actresses I can see in the role. Hopefully whoever they pick at least looks like they could kick ass.

What about an MMA fighter like Gina Carano, Gail Kim or Christina Cyborg?


Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:09 am
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:17 am
Posts: 234
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
Vexer wrote:
AJR wrote:
Gwendoline Christie is honestly the first suggestion that I genuinely liked. She's a fucking beast in Game of Thrones, and I think it would be fun to see her kick ass on the big screen.

But I doubt it would happen.

I think you probably do have to go with an unknown. There really aren't many actresses I can see in the role. Hopefully whoever they pick at least looks like they could kick ass.

What about an MMA fighter like Gina Carano, Gail Kim or Christina Cyborg?

How about Michelle Rodriguez.


Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:20 am
Profile
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 812
Location: Hobart Australia
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
Vexer wrote:
What about an MMA fighter like Gina Carano, Gail Kim or Christina Cyborg?


I do not know Gail or Christina but Gina Carano could be a good option. I have checked other WW cast proposals on the net and Gina is there in one or two. She is 5' 8" , has some acting experience and has some resemblance with WW from the comics, she is even (or was) dating Henry Cavill (Superman) lol . IMO, this is the best right below Jaimie so far.

Now Jaimie would be still my top favourite as I think she has more WW resemblance (See below from a slightly modified Sif poster along a WW from the comics ) and more gravitas in her filmography (they are going to act not to MMA fight and Jaimie is more experienced to add depth to the character).

Having wrote that, in reading these other WW cast proposals on the net where a few of them also mention Jaimie (in very high regards) but they all doubt she will do it because she is under Marvel contracts. If Jaimie, at the end, can not contend due legal reasons then definitely Gina Carano is a good option or look for an unknown with a similar process as they found Christopher Reeve for Superman (who was selected due his Superman resemblance not because he could kick ass lol, he even was a serious student of acting)


Attachments:
JaimieA-WW.jpg
JaimieA-WW.jpg [ 48.61 KiB | Viewed 504 times ]

_________________
The pen is truly mightier than the sword
The Joker (Batman - 1989)
Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:11 am
Profile WWW
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm
Posts: 2157
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
Reeve was considered for Superman because of his facial resemblance, but he won the role by auditioning. I've seen the footage of his screen test; he nailed it from the moment he opened his mouth.

_________________
The temptation is to like what you should like--not what you do like... another temptation is to come up with an interesting reason for liking it that may not actually be the reason you like it.


Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:03 am
Profile
Assistant Second Unit Director

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:49 am
Posts: 112
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
Vexer wrote:
AJR wrote:
I think you probably do have to go with an unknown. There really aren't many actresses I can see in the role. Hopefully whoever they pick at least looks like they could kick ass.

What about an MMA fighter like Gina Carano, Gail Kim or Christina Cyborg?


I like Carano. Thought she was pretty great in Haywire. Kind of stiff as an actor, but I feel like she'll get better. That said, she still seems like she's a little short for the part, and I her shortfalls as an actor would be hard to work around.

Cristiane has never acted, as far as I know. I'm sure she beats up people real good, but that doesn't exactly make for a leading lady.

I think Gail Kim is a great wrestler (why did you say she was an mma fighter?) but again, I've never seen her act beyond her role as a wrestler. Acting in a movie and as a wrestler are pretty drastically different things. And she's pretty short too.


Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:15 pm
Profile
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 812
Location: Hobart Australia
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
Ken wrote:
Reeve was considered for Superman because of his facial resemblance, but he won the role by auditioning. I've seen the footage of his screen test; he nailed it from the moment he opened his mouth.


The 6' 4" Christopher Reeve could act and he also nailed "Clark kent" very well. I have not seen the audition tapes but I have read in the past that he was skinnier then and he had to put extra weight for filming the movie. IMO. he is the best Superman/Clark kent so far !!

_________________
The pen is truly mightier than the sword
The Joker (Batman - 1989)


Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 812
Location: Hobart Australia
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
I do not know Jaimie's status with Marvel but definitely she is toying with the idea of playing DC Wonder Woman according this article. Again IMO she would be great!


Attachments:
Jaimie Alexander.JPG
Jaimie Alexander.JPG [ 38.57 KiB | Viewed 409 times ]

_________________
The pen is truly mightier than the sword
The Joker (Batman - 1989)
Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:26 am
Profile WWW
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm
Posts: 2157
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
unwindfilms wrote:
The 6' 4" Christopher Reeve could act and he also nailed "Clark kent" very well. I have not seen the audition tapes but I have read in the past that he was skinnier then and he had to put extra weight for filming the movie. IMO. he is the best Superman/Clark kent so far !!

Yeah, he was quite thin. Broad-shouldered, but thin. He'd been muscular before, but his decision to enter acting school meant giving up all his outdoorsy pursuits--which he had many of.

The funny thing is, you can see him getting progressively bigger throughout the movies. I think he was at his bulkiest in Superman III, and Superman IV is (probably not coincidentally) the one where he decided to lay off a little on the muscle-building.

_________________
The temptation is to like what you should like--not what you do like... another temptation is to come up with an interesting reason for liking it that may not actually be the reason you like it.


Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:59 am
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:17 am
Posts: 234
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
Ken wrote:
unwindfilms wrote:
The 6' 4" Christopher Reeve could act and he also nailed "Clark kent" very well. I have not seen the audition tapes but I have read in the past that he was skinnier then and he had to put extra weight for filming the movie. IMO. he is the best Superman/Clark kent so far !!

Yeah, he was quite thin. Broad-shouldered, but thin. He'd been muscular before, but his decision to enter acting school meant giving up all his outdoorsy pursuits--which he had many of.

The funny thing is, you can see him getting progressively bigger throughout the movies. I think he was at his bulkiest in Superman III, and Superman IV is (probably not coincidentally) the one where he decided to lay off a little on the muscle-building.


I read that they had to reshoot the green screen flying screens becuase they didn't match after he gained the muscle mass.
I also read that he was offered a muscle suit and he felt that it looked rediculaous. He trained with the same chap who held the wheelchair in A clockwork orange .


Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:59 am
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm
Posts: 2157
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
Also known as the chap beneath the Vader costume in the original Star Wars movies.

_________________
The temptation is to like what you should like--not what you do like... another temptation is to come up with an interesting reason for liking it that may not actually be the reason you like it.


Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:22 am
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:17 am
Posts: 234
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
Ken wrote:
Also known as the chap beneath the Vader costume in the original Star Wars movies.


I did know that,
I thought the "clockwork reference" was a little bit cooler.


Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:24 am
Profile
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 812
Location: Hobart Australia
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
Lynda Carter ( 5' 9 1/2'' - 1.77m) did not look as great for the role before she played Wonder Woman (See pic below when she was Miss USA) so I guess Jaimie (5' 9" - 1.75m) will receive some professional help for nutrition/exercises to shape her body WW style and probably a costume that help to enhance her top ;-) . Other than that she is ready and keen !


Attachments:
Lynda Carter.JPG
Lynda Carter.JPG [ 26.51 KiB | Viewed 349 times ]

_________________
The pen is truly mightier than the sword
The Joker (Batman - 1989)
Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:47 am
Profile WWW
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:17 am
Posts: 234
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
unwindfilms wrote:
Lynda Carter ( 5' 9 1/2'' - 1.77m) did not look as great for the role before she played Wonder Woman (See pic below when she was Miss USA) so I guess Jaimie (5' 9" - 1.75m) will receive some professional help for nutrition/exercises to shape her body WW style and probably a costume that help to enhance her top ;-) . Other than that she is ready and keen !


I don't think that Miss Alexander needs her body to change for WW style.
I would also put forward the notion that if she has influenced you enough with her current appearance then she should not have to change at all.


Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:23 am
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm
Posts: 2157
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
@that Lynda Carter pic:

Image

_________________
The temptation is to like what you should like--not what you do like... another temptation is to come up with an interesting reason for liking it that may not actually be the reason you like it.


Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:51 am
Profile
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 812
Location: Hobart Australia
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
p604 wrote:
I don't think that Miss Alexander needs her body to change for WW style.
I would also put forward the notion that if she has influenced you enough with her current appearance then she should not have to change at all.


True ! Notion seconded : :mrgreen:

_________________
The pen is truly mightier than the sword
The Joker (Batman - 1989)


Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:52 am
Profile WWW
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 812
Location: Hobart Australia
Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
I pinched the attached pic from this article and Jaimie is in no doubt in shape for that WW representation ;-) Go Jaimie Go!


Attachments:
WonderWoman Vs Jaimie Sif.jpg
WonderWoman Vs Jaimie Sif.jpg [ 58.41 KiB | Viewed 309 times ]

_________________
The pen is truly mightier than the sword
The Joker (Batman - 1989)
Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:21 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr