Auteur

Post Re: Films you want to direct
The infamous unproduced screenplay "The Sky Is Falling"

Westworld remake

Original Planet Of The Apes remake was Ahnuld

Film adaption of Preacher

Wonder Woman film

Battle Royale remake

Lots of video game adaptions: Call Of Duty, Battlefield, Left 4 Dead, Dead Rising, F.E.A.R., Metroid, Gears Of War, Mass Effect, Medal Of Honor, Killzone, Sonic The Hedgehog, Time Crisis, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, Fallout, Alan Wake, etc

Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:54 pm
Director

Vexer wrote:
Lots of video game adaptions: Call Of Duty, Battlefield, Left 4 Dead, Dead Rising, F.E.A.R., Metroid, Gears Of War, Mass Effect, Medal Of Honor, Killzone, Sonic The Hedgehog, Time Crisis, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, Fallout, Alan Wake, etc

I'll add a few more: Bioshock, Grand Theft Auto V, and any of the Metal Gear Solid games. I know those are already movie-esque games as they are, but damn it, a cinematic adaptation would introduce more people to these awesome stories.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:00 pm
Assistant Director

Green Hornet

Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
Director

Quote:
Battle Royale remake

I'm with you on this. Let's do it.

Also, Deathnote adaptation.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:21 pm
Director

Well I've written about 9 screenplays since 2006. But in keeping with what has been discussed above:

An adaptation of Dennis Lehane's Darkneess Take My Hand.

One of Don DeLillo's White Noise

A movie about Aaron Swartz.

A MASK Movie (since when Hollywood gets around to it they'll likely screw it up the way they did GI Joe).

Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out-Martin Scorsese.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1347771599

Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:45 pm
Director

MGamesCook wrote:

The two movies already done aren't bad, or do you mean for the western context? (because that would be interesting)

Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:59 pm
Director

Carrie was recently remade, but the tone of it was all wrong. I think the story could be updated properly, and I know how I would do it while sticking close to Stephen King's source material. Unfortunately, no one asked me this time around.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:21 pm
Director

peng wrote:
MGamesCook wrote:

The two movies already done aren't bad, or do you mean for the western context? (because that would be interesting)

I thought they were both kinda bad, Deathnote being cheesy and cheaply put together and frankly too literal. Battle Royale being sloppily and uncinematically directed, though with some cool music. But yeah, western versions of both would be appealing to me.I think with Royale, I think it will work better if people let go of the potential for shock value. For me, it was never very shocking anyway. I think the existentialism of the concept works well on its own. As for them being kids, I think the important thing is just that they're young and governed by social pressures. Early or mid-20s would work fine.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:29 pm
Producer

I'd probably be a director of the calibre of Tommy Wiseau, but I'd like to direct a film version of Isaac Asimov's The Caves of Steel. Classic setting, chases on the rolling roads, sentient robotic Watson, technophobic Holmes. It could become a sf classic. Anybody got $100 million they'd like to invest?

Also, John Varley's novella The Persistence of Vision (about a colony of deaf-blind people and their children). The best sf novella of the 1970s. It would be a challenge to adapt, and would be mindblowing if successful.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:33 pm
Auteur

MGamesCook wrote:
peng wrote:
MGamesCook wrote:

I thought they were both kinda bad, Deathnote being cheesy and cheaply put together and frankly too literal. Battle Royale being sloppily and uncinematically directed, though with some cool music. But yeah, western versions of both would be appealing to me.I think with Royale, I think it will work better if people let go of the potential for shock value. For me, it was never very shocking anyway. I think the existentialism of the concept works well on its own. As for them being kids, I think the important thing is just that they're young and governed by social pressures. Early or mid-20s would work fine.

Likewise i'd like to direct that American remake of Akira that was once planned. Freddy Vs. Jason 2 would also be nice.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:04 am
Auteur

Sexual Chocolate wrote:
Carrie was recently remade, but the tone of it was all wrong. I think the story could be updated properly, and I know how I would do it while sticking close to Stephen King's source material. Unfortunately, no one asked me this time around.

I would've made the remake more graphic, from what others said it was dissapointing for an R-rated film in that it seemed to be holding back a little too much on the violence(particularly in the prom sequence). However I would've taken it upon myself to direct the 2002 made-for-TV remake, that one had potential but missed it by a mile.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:07 am
Producer

A comparatively lighthearted Batman movie with '40s period details. Less angst, more detective work. Less ridiculous gadgetry and preparation, more on-the-spot ingenuity.

And Robin. Get Asa Butterfield on the phone.

And maybe give Alfred a girlfriend. That dude's a stud. Give him some screentime during his off-hours.

And circular computer screens. I know they didn't have computers in the 1940s, but it's not your movie, is it?

Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:29 am
Second Unit Director

I'd love to adapt the video game series Gears of War into a feature film. I think it has the potential to make a really compelling movie. There were some very moving cutscenes in both Gears of War 2 and 3.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:09 am
Producer

Being the huge fan I was as a kid, I want to be the one who directs the He-Man movie so badly!

Directing a Star Trek movie would be awesome as well.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:11 am
Second Unit Director

I would love to make an adaptation of The Phantom Tollbooth.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:33 am
Profile WWW
Director

Vexer wrote:
Sexual Chocolate wrote:

I would've made the remake more graphic, from what others said it was dissapointing for an R-rated film in that it seemed to be holding back a little too much on the violence(particularly in the prom sequence). However I would've taken it upon myself to direct the 2002 made-for-TV remake, that one had potential but missed it by a mile.

I would have no problem making the film violent at the climax. This is, in fact, where Pierce messed up. Not that the prom scene isn't violent, but she tries to get us to sympathize with Carrie as she's killing all kinds of people. It doesn't work. In King's novel, Carrie kills without remorse and kills indiscriminately. There's a lot of moral ambiguity, and that's the road I would take.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Producer

A Legend of Zelda film, that i'd make as a superior Lord of the Rings

Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:21 pm