Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:45 am

The Chris Lane Murder, and a conflict 
Producer

Post Re: The Chris Lane Murder, and a conflict
Vexer wrote:
Let me be the first, i'm sorry if my posts got a little out of hand at times, because of my Aspberger's Syndrome I have a habit of not always thinking before I post, and I don't always explain as clearly as I could, so my apologies for that.

That said, I still stand by some of my previous statements, but for the sake of avoiding another potential argument, I won't go into detail about which ones.

Apology accepted.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:30 am
Second Unit Director

Vexer wrote:
roastbeef_ajus wrote:
Vex,

Thanks for stereotyping Mississippi, Alabama, and WV. I live in Alabama; moved here when I was two, go to college here, and love the southeast. I'm proud of where I came from, and I really don't know any truly racist people. Sure, I've heard the terms nigger and faggot before, but I've also seen Pulp Fiction as well.

And, If I wanted high taxes, or liberal POSs trying to force the gay on me (in this case I'm using gay as a euphemism for anything I don't like), I'd move to another region: most likely california or anywhere Bloomberg could get an ordnance passed.

Also, just a comment on your "Zimmerman suicide remark:" Why, he is about to get rich. He can writte books, sell tv/film rights, and he has a bonafide lawsuit he can serve CNBC with. He will be fine.

Well you're certainly doing nothing to dispell those sterotypes by saying stupid shit like "Force the Gay" :roll: :evil: That's just a whole level of stupidity. NOBODY I repeat NOBODY can be forced into being gay, you're either born that way or you're not. All you're doing is actively reinforcing those stereotypes, I know not everyone in those states is racist, but they're some of the states where you hear about racism the most often, especially Alabama, which is the only state that does not celebrate MLK's birthday, you tell me how that's not racist.

Zimmerman file a lawsuit? now that's fucking hilarious! :lol: What's he going to sue CNBC for? for telling the truth? People aren't going to want to touch him due to the mass amount of protests that would no doubt ensue, he's basically the white O.J. at the moment, his victory is hollow, he's taken to hiding his face and wearing a bulletproof vest everywhere he goes, he'll be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his miserable life no matter how much money he makes.

I don't need a conservative POS to try and feed me bullshit stories about how climate change is a myth or about Obama not being a real U.S. citizen.

Only state that doesn't celebrate MLK's bday? What? I've gotten out of school every monday in January since I can remember thanks to that bro (elementary, high school, and college).

And yes he can sue CNBC. They intentionally altered his 911 tapes to make him sound racist. They cut out several words to make it sound like he was going after him because he was black....not because he looked suspicious. HBO's Newsroom even did a spell on this a couple of weeks ago. He has an airtight lawsuit against those fucks...and I hope he gets paid millions.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:14 am
Cinematographer

Vexer,

I do not take any of this personally and I enjoy your contributions to the forum. I apologize for getting personal and saying that your eyes are closed, and for continuing to make geography part of this discussion.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:07 am
Site Admin

I'm not someone who likes putting the brakes on topics because exchanges get heated but please try to be civil as you express disagreements. One aspect of these forums that has always pleased me is the level of intelligence and restraint evidenced by the posters. Occasionally, that slips a little (as in some of the posts in this thread), but it's reasonably consistent across the board.

At least I seem to have gotten rid of the spam. :)

Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:24 am
Profile WWW
Auteur

roastbeef_ajus wrote:
Vexer wrote:
roastbeef_ajus wrote:
Vex,

Thanks for stereotyping Mississippi, Alabama, and WV. I live in Alabama; moved here when I was two, go to college here, and love the southeast. I'm proud of where I came from, and I really don't know any truly racist people. Sure, I've heard the terms nigger and faggot before, but I've also seen Pulp Fiction as well.

And, If I wanted high taxes, or liberal POSs trying to force the gay on me (in this case I'm using gay as a euphemism for anything I don't like), I'd move to another region: most likely california or anywhere Bloomberg could get an ordnance passed.

Also, just a comment on your "Zimmerman suicide remark:" Why, he is about to get rich. He can writte books, sell tv/film rights, and he has a bonafide lawsuit he can serve CNBC with. He will be fine.

Well you're certainly doing nothing to dispell those sterotypes by saying stupid shit like "Force the Gay" :roll: :evil: That's just a whole level of stupidity. NOBODY I repeat NOBODY can be forced into being gay, you're either born that way or you're not. All you're doing is actively reinforcing those stereotypes, I know not everyone in those states is racist, but they're some of the states where you hear about racism the most often, especially Alabama, which is the only state that does not celebrate MLK's birthday, you tell me how that's not racist.

Zimmerman file a lawsuit? now that's fucking hilarious! :lol: What's he going to sue CNBC for? for telling the truth? People aren't going to want to touch him due to the mass amount of protests that would no doubt ensue, he's basically the white O.J. at the moment, his victory is hollow, he's taken to hiding his face and wearing a bulletproof vest everywhere he goes, he'll be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his miserable life no matter how much money he makes.

I don't need a conservative POS to try and feed me bullshit stories about how climate change is a myth or about Obama not being a real U.S. citizen.

Only state that doesn't celebrate MLK's bday? What? I've gotten out of school every monday in January since I can remember thanks to that bro (elementary, high school, and college).

And yes he can sue CNBC. They intentionally altered his 911 tapes to make him sound racist. They cut out several words to make it sound like he was going after him because he was black....not because he looked suspicious. HBO's Newsroom even did a spell on this a couple of weeks ago. He has an airtight lawsuit against those fucks...and I hope he gets paid millions.
My mistake, it's actually Arizona that dosen't celebrate MLK day(which is a bit surprising, so my bad on that one.

Regardless of whether it was altered or not, I still don't believe for one second that Zimmerman would've bothered going after Trayvon if he was white, no way he would've found him "suspicious" in that instance. If Zimmerman' s not racist(which I still have my doubts on), then at the very least he was being incredibly stupid and reckless for going after Trayvon despite being told specifically not to do so by the cops.

Get paid millions? I highly doubt that, i've heard nothing of him planning on filing a lawsuit anyways.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:14 pm
Assistant Director

James Berardinelli wrote:
I'm not someone who likes putting the brakes on topics because exchanges get heated but please try to be civil as you express disagreements. One aspect of these forums that has always pleased me is the level of intelligence and restraint evidenced by the posters. Occasionally, that slips a little (as in some of the posts in this thread), but it's reasonably consistent across the board.

At least I seem to have gotten rid of the spam. :)

Spam? I'm a frequent, borderline addicted, reader and poster on this website (by the way, JB, this is not meant to be creepy. I'm not a psycho, I swear!). But I don't recall seeing ANY spam. Period. So good work!

And I'm not posting any more in this forum because Chris Lane's death is too painful to think about. That and David Bogenberger's hazing death last November ripped my heart apart for reasons I can't fathom.

Mighty Mike's Raging Reviews

http://mightymikesragingreviews.blogspot.com/

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Assistant Second Unit Director

Speaking as someone on the otherside of the world, the forum does get the occasional spambot that manages to register itself onto the forums then makes a bunch or ridiculous threads when most forum users would be asleep. I think it’s been a while since the last one though.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:22 am
Producer

The spambot got really bad for a while, but then JB went all Noah's Ark on the forum and it seems to have been clear skies ever since.

Of course, all my finely-tuned witticisms pre-Oct. '12 are permanently detached from my current account...

Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:25 am
Critic

Ken wrote:
The spambot got really bad for a while, but then JB went all Noah's Ark on the forum and it seems to have been clear skies ever since.

Of course, all my finely-tuned witticisms pre-Oct. '12 are permanently detached from my current account...

But mine remain! HAHAHAHAHAHAH EAT IT KEN! MY PLAN WORKED

Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:29 am
Producer

In an inexplicably thick Japanese accent, Kunz then went on to say, "This is the most important function of the League of Shadows."

Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:47 pm