Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:25 pm

To the mods 
Site Admin

Post Re: To the mods
patrick wrote:
I PM'd JB about this Three, hopefully things should get moving in your request rather quickly.

For those who are wondering, it's done. The account has been disabled and deleted, although all previous posts have been retained.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
Cinematographer

Threeperf35 wrote:
Ragnarok73 wrote:
He has completely flipped his lid and is taking care of his affairs before committing suicide.

You are not that far off with this remark. I think you are quite good at including possibilies. Just: "go kill yourself" is not exactly the most appropriate phrase for someone who is actually considering this. BUT it is not your responibility to find out who is tired of life through a forum. Trust me: no intentional harm from your side here.

If you would see my lower left arm (some nice scars from serious "rehearsals" back in April 2004 with a fresh #11 blade (similar to a surgical skalpel) and with a heavy booze and pills (bromazepam) mix in my system), you would say: either "oops!" or "pussy"!". I don't know if you guessed it or just put it in your list of possibilities. But I have no business spilling my beans all over the forum. There are lots of people having to deal with the exact same issues as I do. No need to be whining here.

In case you're lurking: I was only speculating wildly rather than actually telling you to take that option. If you choose that option, then no one can really stop you unless you didn't really mean to do it (the proverbial "cry for help" attempt). However, I will say: we are all going to die eventually, and I don't see the sense in rushing the process. I would suggest seeing a psych and perhaps trying out some meds to get away from those kind of thoughts.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:24 pm
Critic

Well this was an unfortunate business. Damned unfortunate.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:58 pm
Director

Ah, good ol' high school drama. Glad that's over.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:57 am
Director

KWRoss wrote:
Ah, good ol' high school drama. Glad that's over.

I can't even figure out what the hell it was about. I haven't come across any flame wars recently. Oh well...drama!

Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:22 pm
Second Unit Director

Yeah nothing but ??????? myself. I recall a couple people getting into it with Vexer a few months ago, but he's like Teflon with those kinds of "how the hell can you like (such and such movies like that)" attacks, and the rather euphemistically titled race relations thread, but other than that... shrug

Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:32 pm
Second Unit Director

And I thought this thread would be about a technical problem.

Could somebody point me in the direction of the thread, in which this all started?

Threeperf,
I apologise for any offence, which I have given. You haven't identified an insulting or confrontational post and I don't remember any, so I guess there is something about the general tone of my posts, which antagonises you. I have inadvertently stepped on your toes and I don't know how, but I am sorry about it.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:01 pm
Cinematographer

Unke wrote:

Could somebody point me in the direction of the thread, in which this all started?

Started up here, in the second post down.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2973&start=240

Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
Second Unit Director

Blonde Almond wrote:
Unke wrote:

Ok, but I still don't see what set him off.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:59 pm
Auteur

dps wrote:
Blonde Almond wrote:
Unke wrote:

http://reelviews.net/reelviewsforum/vie ... &start=240

Ok, but I still don't see what set him off.

Me either, it just seemed totally random. Maybe he had some mental issues that caused him to see things that weren't really there or something like that.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:02 am
Second Unit Director

Blonde Almond wrote:
Unke wrote:

Thanks.

Strange, I didn't ever post in that thread and still have no idea what Threeperf was on about. I guess we'll never find out.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:26 am
Cinematographer

Vexer wrote:
You actually like NotHughGrant better then MunichMan and Unke? :? That's strange considering all the racist comments made by the former, Patriot is definitely not a word I would use to describe him in any way. I've certainly disagree with the opinions of the latter opinions many times, but they never came across as total jerks like NotHugh did.

Geez, Vex. Give it a rest already.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:31 am
Auteur

Johnny Larue wrote:
Vexer wrote:
You actually like NotHughGrant better then MunichMan and Unke? :? That's strange considering all the racist comments made by the former, Patriot is definitely not a word I would use to describe him in any way. I've certainly disagree with the opinions of the latter opinions many times, but they never came across as total jerks like NotHugh did.

Geez, Vex. Give it a rest already.

I already did, you're the one who brought it up ;)

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:53 am
Producer

Sad to see Threeper go. A good, deep (as opposed to merely broad) poster.

Also dissapointed to see the childrens' club indulging in the "Nothugh's racist" bullshit. You can't debate a few uncomfortable truths, then fuck off to kidz club or something. I'm sure there's a Hannah Montana fanclub Vex could be posting on somewhere

I thought about jacking it in, but no. Why give the mentally stunted cocksuckers the open goal they need. And there's a number of great posters on her I enjoy reading

So I'm in!

Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:26 am
Auteur

NotHughGrant wrote:

Also dissapointed to see the childrens' club indulging in the "Nothugh's racist" bullshit. You can't debate a few uncomfortable truths, then fuck off to kidz club or something. I'm sure there's a Hannah Montana fanclub Vex could be posting on somewhere

I thought about jacking it in, but no. Why give the mentally stunted cocksuckers the open goal they need. And there's a number of great posters on her I enjoy reading

So I'm in!

Wow, that makes you sound even worse.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:41 pm
Cinematographer

Vexer wrote:
NotHughGrant wrote:

So I'm in!

Wow, that makes you sound even worse.

I see that it's still making vague noises here. Time for it to get the hose.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:27 pm