Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:46 pm

To the mods 
Post To the mods
Hello,

Can I please have my account completely removed? I would be most grateful. Thank you.

Cheers

Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:04 pm
Second Unit Director

Post Re: To the mods
I think JB is the only one who can actually remove your account.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:20 pm
Cinematographer

Hmmm...that's curious. Was there a balls-to-the-walls flame war I missed somewhere?

Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:44 pm
Auteur

I don't understand it either, I don't recall anyone personally attacking or flaming Threeperf, personally I think he's overreacting.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:46 pm
Cinematographer

Vexer wrote:
I don't understand it either, I don't recall anyone personally attacking or flaming Threeperf, personally I think he's overreacting.

There could be some perfectly valid reasons why he is requesting a complete deletion of his account:

- Someone has hacked his account, so he is forced to delete it and possibly create a new one.
- Someone at work or in his personal life has found out that he has an account on this forum, and he doesn't want them to see at least some of the stuff he's posted.
- He has completely flipped his lid and is taking care of his affairs before committing suicide.
- He has completely flipped his lid and is taking care of his affairs before being committed to an asylum.
- He is taking care of his affairs before a terminal illness reaches its course.

It doesn't just have to be because he's throwing a tantrum in the face of seeing posts he doesn't agree with. If it is because of this, however, then I blame NotHughGrant and his racist comments for driving Threeper off the forum.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:26 pm
Second Unit Director

Ever the optimist Ragnarok...

Threeperf35 wrote:
Anyway, I'm out for good. I'm folding it. I'm troubled and disturbing. Yes I am. A little support instead of lecturing or "I dunno nuthin' haven't seen nuthin'" woukld have been really great. But then probably one of the forum "tough guys" would come in calling me self-loathing, having no idea who I am at all (good or bad). Man that must be on hell of an ego-boost.

The ones I'll miss most will be Ken and James Kunz. Highly intellient, knowledgeabke and educated people - who prove it over and over again (not just ultra-academic sounding hit'n'run posts) never lookinig down on anyone never ever patronizing or lecturing (except for long forgotten quirks).

As long as there are "I haven't seen anything- members, those who won't jump in for somewone who has proven knowledge and honesty, and people who love lecturing and patronizing "you need professional help" taking a bath in vanity - and mods who get it all wrong - really wrong (yes I am talking to you guys), because the have no clue - I have no business being here.

Oh I seem troubled, so instead of trying to find out why or if it is true at all - nah, let's all play by the rules and make some snappy remarks. Well done.

No hard feelings. Honestly.
Good by y'all. Keep on watching great movies.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:38 pm
Cinematographer

patrick wrote:
Ever the optimist Ragnarok...

Threeperf35 wrote:
Anyway, I'm out for good. I'm folding it. I'm troubled and disturbing. Yes I am. A little support instead of lecturing or "I dunno nuthin' haven't seen nuthin'" woukld have been really great. But then probably one of the forum "tough guys" would come in calling me self-loathing, having no idea who I am at all (good or bad). Man that must be on hell of an ego-boost.

The ones I'll miss most will be Ken and James Kunz. Highly intellient, knowledgeabke and educated people - who prove it over and over again (not just ultra-academic sounding hit'n'run posts) never lookinig down on anyone never ever patronizing or lecturing (except for long forgotten quirks).

As long as there are "I haven't seen anything- members, those who won't jump in for somewone who has proven knowledge and honesty, and people who love lecturing and patronizing "you need professional help" taking a bath in vanity - and mods who get it all wrong - really wrong (yes I am talking to you guys), because the have no clue - I have no business being here.

Oh I seem troubled, so instead of trying to find out why or if it is true at all - nah, let's all play by the rules and make some snappy remarks. Well done.

No hard feelings. Honestly.
Good by y'all. Keep on watching great movies.

So it was a tantrum. Too bad. Some people just don't have thick enough skin to handle forum discussions, I guess.

P.S.: I prefer to describe myself as a "realist" rather than "pessimist" or "optimist". I roll with reality, and it's not my fault that reality just sucks hard sometimes.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:52 pm
Second Unit Director

Ragnarok73 wrote:
P.S.: I prefer to describe myself as a "realist" rather than "pessimist" or "optimist". I roll with reality, and it's not my fault that reality just sucks hard sometimes.

I was kinda kidding around when I called you an optimist.

Besides, threeperf always had his hissy fits. You should remember when he threw that fit when you disagreed over the merits of some female bassist, Ragna

Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:32 pm
Please just get me out of here. Stop jerking off already. I'll aprteciate it. Thanks.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:33 am
Cinematographer

Threeperf35 wrote:
Please just get me out of here. Stop jerking off already. I'll aprteciate it. Thanks.

I think you need to help us out here, because I don't think anyone on this forum knows what you're so upset about. No one here is deliberately antagonizing you, we're just trying to figure out what's going on and it's a little tough trying to decipher your completely baffling rants. For example, in your original post that got this all started, you say you were offended by something Unke wrote, but all I'm seeing is a post in your Tank thread that was completely legitimate and inoffensive. Give us something to work with here, instead of all this passive-aggressive bullshit.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:01 am
Profile WWW
Cinematographer

Threeperf35 wrote:

No offense, but if you wanted to make your departure from these forums quiet, you should have sent a *private message* to someone (like JB) about getting your account deleted. Also, if you are leaving, why do you even care what people are saying in a thread you started about leaving? Lurking doesn't require you to delete or change your account, you know. Just saying.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:04 am
Cinematographer

patrick wrote:
Ragnarok73 wrote:

I was kinda kidding around when I called you an optimist.

Besides, threeperf always had his hissy fits. You should remember when he threw that fit when you disagreed over the merits of some female bassist, Ragna

I know you were kidding. The Sarcasm was strong in you on that one.

I had my disagreement with Threep about the female bassist, but that's pretty much it. I didn't think that I had done anything recently to provoke this kind of behavior by him.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:06 am
Critic

Yeah I don't know. I hate to lose an active member, since we're down to about 10, but this came out of left field for me.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:09 am
Ragnarok73 wrote:
Threeperf35 wrote:

No offense, but if you wanted to make your departure from these forums quiet, you should have sent a *private message* to someone (like JB) about getting your account deleted. Also, if you are leaving, why do you even care what people are saying in a thread you started about leaving? Lurking doesn't require you to delete or change your account, you know. Just saying.

That's cotrrect. I just want to make sure people know I won't be lurking or anything. I really would like my accout deleted- it that is possible.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:10 am
JamesKunz wrote:
Yeah I don't know. I hate to lose an active member, since we're down to about 10, but this came out of left field for me.

Trust me, I have my reasons. You are NOT one of them.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:11 am
Blonde Almond wrote:
Threeperf35 wrote:

I think you need to help us out here, because I don't think anyone on this forum knows what you're so upset about. No one here is deliberately antagonizing you, we're just trying to figure out what's going on and it's a little tough trying to decipher your completely baffling rants. For example, in your original post that got this all started, you say you were offended by something Unke wrote, but all I'm seeing is a post in your Tank thread that was completely legitimate and inoffensive. Give us something to work with here, instead of all this passive-aggressive bullshit.

No it's not the "tank " post by Unke. This was in fact very informative. I simply couldn't find the truly offending post (combined with another one by a known member who says I often come off as arrogant) - I am nothing compared to some guys who posted stuff sounding as if they were living encyclopedia and tired of the common folks mioles below them who know nothing, but it's all good for the occasional hit'n'run post just to show the power of pure brilliance - some of it was deliberate bullshit, but without a shred of humor, but noone ever complained abouit that).

I would love to go through all the posts which were definitely offensive (the female bass player being not onwe of them). I am just unable and don't have the time (really!) to seep through endless posts and find it. I did get a lot of heat. Some of it definitely above my threshold of finding it personal or offenbsive. But that happens in forums. It's the sum of it all (yes I am being vague right now, sorry) which makes me fold it.

If I come off as patronizing, lecturing or arrogant: I can assure you that was never my intention. I actually learned a lot here. Yes I have my personal issues and I might have spilled my beans a few times too often. Ragnarok described some possibilities with biting humor - but he isn't actually that far off.

Sorry if I can't be more specific. I am not running away from anything here. If I come off as an asshole - there are people who definitely know (!) and can cxonfirm that I am not. Do I feel sorry for myself sometimes? Yep. But who doesn't? Some people are better at hiding the fact than others.

I might have pushed topics a little too often into the music field by claiming thgat I know shit about it because that's what I do - thus leaving no chance (or little) for different opinions. I am aware of this and honestly apologize.

I have been accused (sorry, I don't make this up) of repeatedly posting bullshit ( as in: incompetent and not worthy). (not he passiove-aggressive thing, that is correct within the context on hand). Buit putting my prersence into question. If I could find the post, I would copy/paste it right here. There were other instances where I wasn't exactly treaded with respect. But please don't ask me to come up with a list.

My leaving doesn't seem to be too painful for many members anyway (except for Jimmy K. who openly said it).

So guys: have a nice life. I have my reasons. And being passive-aggressive (even if it might look that way at the moment) is not my intention.

You will be all fine without me. I say that with no hard feelings (no matter if you guys care or not).

Cheers.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:41 am
Ragnarok73 wrote:
He has completely flipped his lid and is taking care of his affairs before committing suicide.

You are not that far off with this remark. I think you are quite good at including possibilies. Just: "go kill yourself" is not exactly the most appropriate phrase for someone who is actually considering this. BUT it is not your responibility to find out who is tired of life through a forum. Trust me: no intentional harm from your side here.

If you would see my lower left arm (some nice scars from serious "rehearsals" back in April 2004 with a fresh #11 blade (similar to a surgical skalpel) and with a heavy booze and pills (bromazepam) mix in my system), you would say: either "oops!" or "pussy"!". I don't know if you guessed it or just put it in your list of possibilities. But I have no business spilling my beans all over the forum. There are lots of people having to deal with the exact same issues as I do. No need to be whining here.

Nah, "Not Hugh" is a great guy. At the every least that's my opinion. Some of the true assholes are Unke and Munich Man. They do those hit'n'run posts suggesting they are overachievers. Oh I'm overreactging again, isn't it? Vex: as much as I like you: you really need some work to sharpen your senses. Dismissing what doesn't fit into your usual established patterns might be a great opportunity to work on these very patterns instead of just shrugging it off your shoulders. Trust me.

"Not Hugh" somehow came in with a bang and did a lot of great posts. I always enjoy reading his posts. Sure he is a patriot - why not? I think he is brilliant and a grat member on this forum.

Cinema-wise I am not a patriot, because a lot of german movies just kinda work in Germany (if at all). They are not made with a larger, international audience in mind. Too bad. "Das Boot" was probably the exception. Awesome movie. Wolfgang Peterson didn't make a lot of great stuff after coming to Hollywood. "Get off my plane!" yeah, brilliant!

Naw, this is not your job. The more you look like a guy who owns 1000s of movies on DVD and talk in a generally accepted patten (= blend in, mingle and use accepted ways of communication) the less the risk someomne will try to hurt you. Show cracks and weaknesses - people will be all over you and even call you a pussy. Juts like back in the school yard.

That's human nature.

See you at the movies.

P..S. some ass-licking (I' never tried ball-licking nor do I ever intend doing so) at the end: Ken and James Kunz: it has been such a pleasure!

Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:12 am
Second Unit Director

I PM'd JB about this Three, hopefully things should get moving in your request rather quickly.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:04 am
Auteur

You actually like NotHughGrant better then MunichMan and Unke? :? That's strange considering all the racist comments made by the former, Patriot is definitely not a word I would use to describe him in any way. I've certainly disagree with the opinions of the latter opinions many times, but they never came across as total jerks like NotHugh did.

Also I don't always "dimiss" films, I see plenty of stuff outside my area, I just don't usually bring it up on this forum is all. So no I don't need to "sharpen my sense" thank you very much.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:39 pm
Vexer wrote:
You actually like NotHughGrant better then MunichMan and Unke? :? That's strange considering all the racist comments made by the former, Patriot is definitely not a word I would use to describe him in any way. I've certainly disagree with the opinions of the latter opinions many times, but they never came across as total jerks like NotHugh did.

Also I don't always "dimiss" films, I see plenty of stuff outside my area, I just don't usually bring it up on this forum is all. So no I don't need to "sharpen my sense" thank you very much.

Somehow I missed the racist comments by Not Hugh. My bad then. That would change my opinion of course. I was not referring to the movies you like. I was referring to your judge of character. Unke and Munich man bring in some subtle but very heavy bragging intom their posts and their contributions aren't that frequent. That's what I mean by shapening your senses. IK didnpt mean to be lecturing. If I did, I apologize.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:46 pm