Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:04 am

embedding videos 
Post embedding videos
ok, ive been trying to do this but its not working so..how do i embed videos from websites like youtube?
dont i just paste the embed code(text) from that page, here? or is there a specific syntax i have to follow? i posted the question there, but thought this is where it belonged.
apologies if im missing something simple. :)

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:14 am
Post Re: embedding videos
I bet it's not enabled right now.

It's up to James whether or not he wants to do it. I believe he would have to enable it and set up a BBcode tag for it.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:35 am
I hate saying this but I'm wondering if you can attach a video in your post like some people do with pictures, granted you will have to figure out how to save YouTube videos before you attach but it can be done.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:00 am
Patrick wrote:
I hate saying this but I'm wondering if you can attach a video in your post like some people do with pictures, granted you will have to figure out how to save YouTube videos before you attach but it can be done.

wont you need a player too. saving youtube videos well,is a piece of cake. some sites like keepvid do that for us. but they give you a video file. i think flv. so attaching it, wont it require reelviews to have its own player? or does a person give a player? that'd be fucked up. :)
apparently i cant even embed videos. and you're asking too much, mate. :) nice idea though, would be a good feature. you could do video posts.

Trevor wrote:
I bet it's not enabled right now.

It's up to James whether or not he wants to do it. I believe he would have to enable it and set up a BBcode tag for it.

well, im not embarrassed now. before, i was thinking i was doing it wrong.....lets wait for his reply then.

thanks guys. :thumbs up:

Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:56 am
Site Admin

Embedding videos creates more headaches than it's worth. Plus there are copyright issues. (Granted, there are also copyright issues for photographs...) If there's really something you want someone to see, put up a link to the YouTube location.

On the subject of video, I plan to begin adding trailers (with an embedded player) as part of the review content, but none of them will be from YouTube. I'm interested in getting licensed trailers, and YouTube is the Wild West of video content.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:36 pm
Profile WWW