Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:20 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
A new "About You" thread that's not 4 years old 
Author Message
Critic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 am
Posts: 6976
Location: Easton, MD
Post Re: A new "About You" thread that's not 4 years old
NotHughGrant wrote:
Speak for yourself, sailor


You have a uterus?

_________________
I'm lithe and fierce as a tiger


Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:40 pm
Profile
Cinematographer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 661
Location: Hobart Australia
Post Re: A new "About You" thread that's not 4 years old
JamesKunz wrote:
NotHughGrant wrote:
Speak for yourself, sailor


You have a uterus?


HaHa. Seeing a female opinion in reelviews forums is so odd that If I were James Berardinelli , I would offer a movie review of her choice to the first female member post (different than his wife of course ) of a full profile here. Maybe, Kunz can second this and pass it to James B ;-)

_________________
The pen is truly mightier than the sword
The Joker (Batman - 1989)


Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:35 am
Posts: 423
Post Re: A new "About You" thread that's not 4 years old
Not a whole lot of surprises so far, though most people are younger than I expected. NotHughGrant looks exactly how I expected, though the uturis bit did come as a surprise :P

Still, I'm really here to wait and see what Vexer looks like...


Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:00 pm
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 2131
Location: Lancashire, England.
Post Re: A new "About You" thread that's not 4 years old
Balaji Sivaraman wrote:
Below is an edited version of a thorough introduction I typed for another forum. (Please bear with me on the length.)

Actual name: Balaji Sivaraman (no shit!)
Age: 25 (On March 1st)
State/Country: Chennai, India
Job: Software Engineer
Skill I Would Give Myself in an RPG: Self-Confidence. Most would say I am over-confident!
Other Websites I'm Deep Into: Never Die '58 (Manchester United forum of which I am the owner)
General Information:
I was born and mostly brought up in Chennai. Apart from spending some of my initial years till third grade moving from place to place (We even spent a year in Bombay.), I would firmly call myself a Chennaiite. I identify myself with this city and it is the only place in the world I would call home. Ever since fourth grade, I've been living in the same home I am currently in. My dad used to be a banker (hence, being constantly on the move in the early days) before giving that up to settle in Chennai and spend some years in the private sector. Since I got myself hired some three years back, he's being happily enjoying retried life and keeps himself occupied with sports, books and politics. My mom used to be a homemaker but has since gotten herself a pretty awesome job in market research. She mostly does freelance stuff as moderator to fill in the time.

I frickin love my line of work, though not necessarily my job right now. Ever since I got my first computer, this is something that I've wanted to do. I've been programming ever since I was 10-12, and although I am no expert in any language so far (working on that), it is the only thing that comes naturally to me. I can't see myself in any other line of work till the day I die. As a result, I've started working on a really cool website idea along with one of my colleagues (who also happens to be one of my closest friends IRL). Besides programming, I also love writing. I find it an exhilarating process to write about something I deeply care about. When I was in 12th grade, I even dabbled with the idea of forgoing engineering to get a Journalism degree but quickly dropped it because the money simply wasn't as good in that. In hindsight, it seems like a good idea. But I never gave up writing. I've tried to better myself as a writer and constantly read other blogs, news websites to improve my vocabulary. That is also the main reason why I have my own blog - BalajiThots. I mostly post film reviews there because that is the only sort of writing that comes easily to me, but I've tried to widen my niche by posting about technology and other random topics in my head.

As for sports, I love them all, even golf, snooker and pool. I am a die-hard Manchester United fan; more to the point, I am a crazy fanatic, one of those guys you see screaming whenever they score important goals. I love Cricket though I've completely lost my passion for Indian cricket thanks to all the politics involved. I also keep up with Tennis from time-to-time, mostly the Slams. There's only one player who's ever captured my fancy and that's Roger Federer. The day he retires, I won't know what to do with Tennis anymore. I used to play basketball in my school days and it is the only sport I identify for myself. I watch the NBA from time-to-time and am a huge Los Angeles Lakers and Kobe Bryant (Lebron who?!?) fan.

I don't know when it is exactly that I discovered this passion for movies but it was in the latter part of the last decade. It started gradually with a few films over the weekend here and there but has turned into a full-blown obsession. Hence my presence on these forums. Very recently, I've also started reading a lot about film analysis. This is because my knowledge of films has been limited to watching and I want to better understand the nuances of filmmaking. That is why I've been reading a lot of film-related books recently. My favorite film of all time is the Tamil movie Nayagan and favorite English film of all time is Schindler's List.

I also love music and it is the only form of art that takes me places where nothing else can. Locally, I love Ilaiyaraaja (who you might not have heard of) and A.R. Rahman (who all of you would've heard of :P). Till about 2006, my knowledge was zero when it comes to Western music. But one of my friends on another forum introduced me to some great Indie Rock bands and I've been hooked ever since. I am constantly trying to expand my listening horizons and with the advent of the Itunes Store in India, it has given me easy access to all the American bands I could possibly want. The first band that got me hooked onto rock music was U2, and they're my favorite band of all time. I am also a big fan of Arcade Fire and was elated when they won the Grammy for Suburbs in 2011. Other favorites include Radiohead, Coldplay, Muse, Murder by Death, Modest Mouse and a few others. As for the legends, I fucking love Led Zeppelin and have been trying to get into The Beatles, Rolling Stones, and Bob Dylan. You can find em on Last FM here.

I also spend some time playing games but that has been greatly reduced recently due to time commitments. The only developer who's been able to hold my attention enough is Bioware. They're my favorite developer of all time and I fucking love Mass Effect and Dragon Age. The next game that will devour my time will be Dragon Age 3. But I do dabble with other games from time to time (recently Far Cry 3 and X-Com: Enemy Unknown). Some of my favorite games of all time include The Half Life series, The Mass Effect series, The KOTOR Series, Planescape: Torment, Warcraft III, Max Payne, Mafia, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and a few others. I play games only on the PC and have a kick-ass PC that would put Alienware to shame. PC-Building is another hobby of mine and I've assembled PCs for all my friends. I love PC technology and odds are my PC will always be stocked with them. (I am currently running an SSD with 12 GB of RAM and what was the second fastest graphics card when it arrived - Nvidia GTX 570).

I also do a lot of reading though I am ashamed to admit that I am not as voracious as some of you guys. The book thread here has reignited my passion for reading but I still don't read as much as I should. :(

Picture:This is a photo of me taken on a vacation to Goa last month.


Gedmud, I thought like that when I first visited these forums, but when I started posting, I found that all of them were very welcoming and appreciated my inputs though I have very little actual film knowledge compared to some of them. James, Ed (Metal Head), Ken, PeachyPete and a few others were incredibly friendly to me and that has made me stick with this forum ever since. It really is a great place to discuss and read about films if you ignore the handful of trolls.



Good to see a cricket fan on here!

_________________
The question, RAYMOND ... is what.. did you want.. to be?


Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:38 am
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:22 am
Posts: 403
Location: Chennai, India
Post Re: A new "About You" thread that's not 4 years old
NotHughGrant wrote:
Good to see a cricket fan on here!
Ah don't even mention it! I've been growing more indifferent of India's cricket bureaucracy with each passing series. The English handing us a buttkicking of our life ought to have woken us up, but that hasn't happened. Nowadays, I keep up with the sport and enjoy watching the South Africans and the English play, but have really lost all interest in following India's misgivings in any series.

_________________
Balajithots - Last Updated 21-Jan - Frozen (2013)
This list... is an absolute good. The list is life. All around its margins lies the gulf.


Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:31 am
Profile WWW
Cinematographer

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:09 pm
Posts: 636
Post Re: A new "About You" thread that's not 4 years old
Actual name: Pete Conway
Age: 30
State/Country: Maryland, USA
Job: Budget Analyst (and it's really boring, which is why I'm always on Reelviews at work)
Favorite Movie: Fargo
Skill I Would Give Myself in an RPG: Uhhhh, I want to be the one who gets to inflict tons of damage. So, my power would be damage infliction.
Other Websites I'm Deep Into: None. I obviously visit plenty of other websites, but I wouldn't say I'm deep into anything...except your mom's under garments! ZING!
General Information: I'm from Maryland, went to the University of Maryland (we just beat Duke!), and currently reside in one of the more affluent parts of the state, while not being anything close to affluent myself. Like most here, I've been into films since I was a teenager. I'm a big basketball fan, as anyone who's visited the hardly-used-this-season-basketball-thread (I blame Shade...just because) can attest. I played growing up and in high school and would have loved to get into coaching and still may at some point. I used to love football, the American version, about the same amount, but lately I've found myself gravitating away from the sport because of how ridiculous it has become.

Within the past 3-4 months I've gotten really into fitness and nutrition. I've lost 20-25 pounds and have gotten into pretty good shape through exercise and diet. I've always been fairly athletic, but gained way too much weight after college and decided it was time to get back into solid shape. I eat a diet consisting of mostly meat, veggies, fruit, and water. I buy organic now because when you buy fresh food, organic foods aren't sprayed with pesticides and the meat isn't raised on a diet of antibiotics. It is more expensive, but I do actually taste the difference. I'd be lying if I said there wasn't an aspect of vanity involved, but the root cause absolutely has to do with being confronted with my own mortality as I age. I have an unhealthy fear of death (original fear, I know!) and want to live as long as possible. I'm a big Parks and Recreation fan, and I sometimes remind my girlfriend, and myself if I'm being honest, of Rob Lowe's character on the show. So, hopefully I have solid genetics, and can avoid any fatal accidents and give 150 a good run.

Picture: Me drinking Jack Daniels while wearing a Thor helmet from about a year ago:

Image

And here's an extra one of my dog Winston, because he's awesome and I love him:

Image


Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:43 am
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:26 am
Posts: 202
Post Re: A new "About You" thread that's not 4 years old
Actual name: Dean

Age: 42

County/Country: Eau Claire, Wisconsin -Pronounced "Oh Clayer"

Job: Surveyor

Favourite Movie: teeters between A Christmas Story and Raiders of the Lost Ark

Give Myself in an RPG (had to look up RPG, as I thought it was Rocket propelled grenade) Ability to speak any language

Other Websites I'm Deep Into: Greybeard Outdoors

General Information: Born and raised in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, home of "Annie Hall" and Titanic's Jack Dawson. Lived in Rhinelander, Fox Point and Port Washington, WI after 8 years of college and two degrees -Geography/Cartography and Land Surveying- graduating with only $1340 of debt. Married my college sweetheart. Was into competetive target shooting (rifled bore) for about 10 years and was a pistol instructor for 13 years. I only did pistol competition locally and regionally, but did rifle shooting at regional, national and international. Typically first or second at regionals, but my best was a 6th and an 8th place overall at the Int. Had kids and couldn't do the "me" thing of rifle parctice as much, so I got into cycling, much like I did in college when I had no money and plenty of time. Kids rode in an enclosed trailer. Eventually they grew to a tag-a-long and are now on a tandem tag-a-long. My oldest, age 7 has ridden behind me nearly 2k miles. The youngest, perhaps 1500 or so. For my 40th birthday I concocted a grand scheme to ride across Wisconsin. I was sure the wife would think I was crazy. She said go for it. 350 miles later, I was changed. Crossed MN a year later and have now embraced "seeing the backyard". Current acting president (VP) of my local off-road cycling club, I draft proposals for new trail areas on public or semi-public property and present them to land managers. I hope to compete in an MTB race (my first) this summer. Barring injury, I intend to win. Also, I'm an assistant XC-skiing coach as both my kids are in the program. I never thought of myself as an "active guy", but I somehow ended up there...
I watch about 3 to 5 movies per week and seldom write about them. I really enjoy films and the elements that go into them, much to the wife's dismay, sometimes.

-EDIT- I forgot to mention that I do a fair number of public speaking engagements on a variety of surveying subjects and the history of the PLSS. I've done High School, Undergrad College, Masters and Continuing Education sessions. I really enjoy presenting for groups and have been doing this for a number of years. To meet me in person you'd NEVER suspect this about me.

Facial Hair: None. Although, shaving is a bother so I bristle up on the weekends and on long bike trips.

Picture: This is me volunteering at our local "big event" (usually about 700-900 riders) It was a 40 hour, three-day weekend. = No shave.


Attachments:
me.JPG
me.JPG [ 42.06 KiB | Viewed 1040 times ]

_________________
______________________________
Specializing in rodent behavior modification.
-Watch me pull a habit out of rat.
Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:46 pm
Profile
Cinematographer

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:19 pm
Posts: 565
Post Re: A new "About You" thread that's not 4 years old
Real name: John
Age: 50
I currently live in Memphis, TN USA. Grew up on the U.S. west coast

Movie history: I am a casual movie person - I watch primarily for entertainment and escapism. Definitely not a student of film, but I love this site because in many ways I like to read about the movies more than I like to watch them. Can't contribute much, but try to when I can.

Occupation: Engineer
Favorite movies: King Kong (original), Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Blazing Saddles

My youth was a fun, booze filled waste of time. Found religion and family in my mid 30's and have spent most of the last few years on self improvement. I'm a fiscal conservative and social libertarian for the most part. My hobbies are fishing and golfing, but these days I am mostly defined by my children.


Image


Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:59 pm
Profile
Critic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 am
Posts: 6976
Location: Easton, MD
Post Re: A new "About You" thread that's not 4 years old
CasualDad wrote:
Real name: John
Age: 50
I currently live in Memphis, TN USA. Grew up on the U.S. west coast

Movie history: I am a casual movie person - I watch primarily for entertainment and escapism. Definitely not a student of film, but I love this site because in many ways I like to read about the movies more than I like to watch them. Can't contribute much, but try to when I can.

Occupation: Engineer
Favorite movies: King Kong (original), Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Blazing Saddles

My youth was a fun, booze filled waste of time. Found religion and family in my mid 30's and have spent most of the last few years on self improvement. I'm a fiscal conservative and social libertarian for the most part. My hobbies are fishing and golfing, but these days I am mostly defined by my children.


Image


You sound indeed like a Casual Dad

_________________
I'm lithe and fierce as a tiger


Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:38 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:51 pm
Posts: 416
Location: Durham, NC
Post Re: A new "About You" thread that's not 4 years old
Actual Name: Taylor Ellis
Age: 21
Current Location: Greenville, NC
Job: Junior at East Carolina University, majoring in Criminal Justice with a minor in Security Studies (not really a job) 8-)
Favorite Film: Can't do just one, so I'll say my favorite four are probably: Once Upon A Time in America, The Conversation, Notorious, and Barry Lyndon

Other Websites: I love me some AV Club, and also frequent SlashFilm.

General Information: I grew up in Durham, NC, pretty normal childhood for the most part. Fell in love at an early age--she was the vice president of the Student Council at my middle school, I was the President, and we've been dating for 8 years now. I'm just getting into reading now (which is very weird considering I've always hated it). I enjoy art, all kinds really--I was a graphics artist all four years of high school for the Pirates Hook. I'm a big Breaking Bad, Homeland, Mad Men,and Boardwalk Empire fan--currently going through the first and second seasons of these shows. Overall, I'm a pretty easy going dude and love discussing film!

Picture: That's me, about 6 months ago in front of someones door.

Image

_________________
"I have now come to claim that satisfaction."


Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:45 pm
Profile
Critic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 am
Posts: 6976
Location: Easton, MD
Post Re: A new "About You" thread that's not 4 years old
Quote:
Fell in love at an early age--she was the vice president of the Student Council at my middle school, I was the President, and we've been dating for 8 years now.


That's adorable!

_________________
I'm lithe and fierce as a tiger


Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:14 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:57 pm
Posts: 376
Post Re: A new "About You" thread that's not 4 years old
You're not Gene Hackman Jack! Dammit!


Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:22 am
Profile
Director
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:07 pm
Posts: 1438
Post Re: A new "About You" thread that's not 4 years old
Actual name: Jeff Wilder

Age: 34 until June 8 of this year. Born just under the Gen X wire.

State/Country: Florida USA

Job: Screenwriter/director (Albeit one who's trying to get a feature film off the ground). Day job as a library assistant.

Favorite Movie: Taxi Driver because it's got a fantastic script, fantastic direction, fantastic acting and is a brilliant character study. Apocalypse Now because it's the best fever dream/nightmare ever put on film. Boogie Nights because it has everything a film should have and is uncompromising in both tone and subject matter. Chinatown because it has Jack Nicholson in what is probably his most iconic role and is definitely the greatest example of Film Nori not made in the 1049s. Fantastic screenplay too. Do The Right Thing because it brilliantly blends humor with hard truth. The way its structured sets things up perfectly for the explosion that occurs towards the end. And Monty Python And The Holy Grail because it may be the funniest movie of all-time and is a perfect example of a film where there are no rules.

Skill I Would Give Myself in an RPG: Ability to kick ass.

Other Websites I'm Deep Into: For a while I was heavily into Epinions.com. Not so much now.

General Information: Originally from Detroit (not South Detroit though), lived in Florida since that year George Orwell titled his book warning about big brother after. Started writing in sixth grade. Won a literary prize in the eight grade for a play I wrote. For a while I aspired to be either a novelist or playwright. But film proved a stronger calling.

Filmwise I grew up in the 90s watching many popcorn movies. As a kid in the 80s I loved DIe Hard, Lethal Weapon,Ghostbusters, the first two Terminator films. Liked a lot of John Hughes films too. In some ways though I was always drawn to the oddball stuff. FOr instance, teh first film I really fell in love with was a Spielberg film. But it wasn't ET. It was Empire Of The Sun. In favct, I've never been a huge ET fan. But I was totally into Back To The Future. My first r-rated film was Platoon which I saw at 10. At that time I had an interest in the Vietnam War which I acknowledge is unusual for a 10 year old. But as a friend put it: "You were just marching to your own drum".

Pulp Fiction, Menace II Society and Dazed And Confused opened my mind to independent film. From there I jumped off and began looking for whatever looked interesting both American and foreign. Today my tastes are pretty eclectic. But I still do lean towards the oddball a lot. For instance I didn't care for Avatar. But found Disney's Princess And The Frog cool.

Filmmaking influences: Martin Scorsese, Paul Thomas Anderson, the Coen Brothers, Spike Lee, Oliver Stone, Danny Boyle, David Fincher, Gus Van Sant, David Lynch (for Blue Velvet), Coppola (for Apocalypse Now), Richard Linklater, Spielberg, Michael Mann, Tarantino.

In high school I was a DJ at my school's Alternative radio station. For a while I considered radio as a career. I love music. Play guitar albeit not very well. My favorites are rock and hip-hop. But I also like Soul/R&B, some Jazz, some country.

Read a lot. In HS my favorite academic subjects were English and History.

Not a big TV watcher outside of a few shows.

Enjoy playing kickball and basketball with friends. But find watching televised sports boring.

Picture: This was taken a couple years ago.


Attachments:
Jeff2.jpg
Jeff2.jpg [ 4.56 KiB | Viewed 762 times ]

_________________
This ain't a city council meeting you know-Joe Cabot

Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out-Martin Scorsese.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1347771599
Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:04 am
Profile
Critic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 am
Posts: 6976
Location: Easton, MD
Post Re: A new "About You" thread that's not 4 years old
Jeff Wilder wrote:
Actual name: Jeff Wilder

Age: 34 until June 8 of this year. Born just under the Gen X wire.

State/Country: Florida USA

Job: Screenwriter/director (Albeit one who's trying to get a feature film off the ground). Day job as a library assistant.

Favorite Movie: Taxi Driver because it's got a fantastic script, fantastic direction, fantastic acting and is a brilliant character study. Apocalypse Now because it's the best fever dream/nightmare ever put on film. Boogie Nights because it has everything a film should have and is uncompromising in both tone and subject matter. Chinatown because it has Jack Nicholson in what is probably his most iconic role and is definitely the greatest example of Film Nori not made in the 1049s. Fantastic screenplay too. Do The Right Thing because it brilliantly blends humor with hard truth. The way its structured sets things up perfectly for the explosion that occurs towards the end. And Monty Python And The Holy Grail because it may be the funniest movie of all-time and is a perfect example of a film where there are no rules.

Skill I Would Give Myself in an RPG: Ability to kick ass.

Other Websites I'm Deep Into: For a while I was heavily into Epinions.com. Not so much now.

General Information: Originally from Detroit (not South Detroit though), lived in Florida since that year George Orwell titled his book warning about big brother after. Started writing in sixth grade. Won a literary prize in the eight grade for a play I wrote. For a while I aspired to be either a novelist or playwright. But film proved a stronger calling.

Filmwise I grew up in the 90s watching many popcorn movies. As a kid in the 80s I loved DIe Hard, Lethal Weapon,Ghostbusters, the first two Terminator films. Liked a lot of John Hughes films too. In some ways though I was always drawn to the oddball stuff. FOr instance, teh first film I really fell in love with was a Spielberg film. But it wasn't ET. It was Empire Of The Sun. In favct, I've never been a huge ET fan. But I was totally into Back To The Future. My first r-rated film was Platoon which I saw at 10. At that time I had an interest in the Vietnam War which I acknowledge is unusual for a 10 year old. But as a friend put it: "You were just marching to your own drum".

Pulp Fiction, Menace II Society and Dazed And Confused opened my mind to independent film. From there I jumped off and began looking for whatever looked interesting both American and foreign. Today my tastes are pretty eclectic. But I still do lean towards the oddball a lot. For instance I didn't care for Avatar. But found Disney's Princess And The Frog cool.

Filmmaking influences: Martin Scorsese, Paul Thomas Anderson, the Coen Brothers, Spike Lee, Oliver Stone, Danny Boyle, David Fincher, Gus Van Sant, David Lynch (for Blue Velvet), Coppola (for Apocalypse Now), Richard Linklater, Spielberg, Michael Mann, Tarantino.

In high school I was a DJ at my school's Alternative radio station. For a while I considered radio as a career. I love music. Play guitar albeit not very well. My favorites are rock and hip-hop. But I also like Soul/R&B, some Jazz, some country.

Read a lot. In HS my favorite academic subjects were English and History.

Not a big TV watcher outside of a few shows.

Enjoy playing kickball and basketball with friends. But find watching televised sports boring.

Picture: This was taken a couple years ago.


Is your picture from Gettysburg?

_________________
I'm lithe and fierce as a tiger


Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:14 pm
Profile
Director
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:07 pm
Posts: 1438
Post Re: A new "About You" thread that's not 4 years old
JamesKunz wrote:
Is your picture from Gettysburg?


Sure is. Was there a few summers ago.

_________________
This ain't a city council meeting you know-Joe Cabot

Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out-Martin Scorsese.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1347771599


Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:35 pm
Profile
Cinematographer

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:09 pm
Posts: 636
Post Re: A new "About You" thread that's not 4 years old
Jeff Wilder wrote:
JamesKunz wrote:
Is your picture from Gettysburg?


Sure is. Was there a few summers ago.


Hey, awesome! I was just there this past weekend. I go every few years. I love the place.


Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:09 pm
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm
Posts: 2008
Post Re: A new "About You" thread that's not 4 years old
CasualDad wrote:
Favorite movies: King Kong (original), Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Blazing Saddles

That's a hell of a list for a casual movie person.

Jeff Wilder wrote:
General Information: Originally from Detroit (not South Detroit though)

Someone ought to let those guys know that the D is divided into east and west. The fortune they made with that song is founded on misinformation!

_________________
The temptation is to like what you should like--not what you do like... another temptation is to come up with an interesting reason for liking it that may not actually be the reason you like it.


Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:59 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr