Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:35 pm

True Blood question 
Gaffer

Post True Blood question
OK, I’m in Norway so I get all seasons of the show slightly later than the rest of you. They just started showing Season 5 last night.

My question, when did that rapid anti-vampire minister so prominent n Season 2 get turned? I missed two episodes of season 4 (which I disliked). He shows up at the closing episode trying to spook out Jason. Now this? Did I miss something?

And last, something I’ve always wanted to ask. How could Godric, a 2000 year old vampire vaporize at dawn while Russell Edgington, a 3000 year old vampire, gets charred in the daylight...?

Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:28 am
Assistant Second Unit Director

Post Re: True Blood question
i'd premise this by just saying it's true blood. sometimes shit don't make sense, yo.

you never see steve newlin get turned, you just assume somewhere along the line he was. you haven't missed anything there.

didn't russell just get charred because he drank sookie's blood which is what allows vampires to walk in the daylight for a shot period of time? i may be wrong.

by the way, on the topic of this, is it me or was it good for two and a half seasons or so before completely going down the pan?

Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Gaffer

OtherBen wrote:
i'd premise ...

by the way, on the topic of this, is it me or was it good for two and a half seasons or so before completely going down the pan?

It got too bogged down in too many different running plots. First episode of this new 5th season is basically dedicated to finishing off scenes where they were left off last season. It’s gone down total soap opera alley.

But hooked is hooked. I'll have to "watch my addiction out".

Why didn’t Eric char the same as Russell?

Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 am
Assistant Second Unit Director

Hannibal wrote:
OtherBen wrote:
i'd premise ...

It got too bogged down in too many different running plots. First episode of this new 5th season is basically dedicated to finishing off scenes where they were left off last season. It’s gone down total soap opera alley.

But hooked is hooked. I'll have to "watch my addiction out".

Why didn’t Eric char the same as Russell?

yeah, the fifth season (as you will see) feels entirely like a build up to the sixth. and yeah, i still like some of the characters; namely eric, russell, pam, lafayette (when he's written as lafayette) and that's why i watch still too. trashy tv. still fun sometimes.

and in answer to the last one, i don't know. haha. i can't really remember the fourth season too well. i know they both fed on sookie, but beyond that, i forget. sorry.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:02 pm
Profile WWW