Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:13 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
ONLINE DATING. Any positive advice or experiences please. 
Producer

Post Re: ONLINE DATING. Any positive advice or experiences please.
Well i'm happy to report that I just had an amazing conversation over the phone with someone I met online, turns out we have quite a bit in common, we're both planning on going to see Snitch next week, can't wait!

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:32 am
Second Unit Director

Vexer wrote:
Well i'm happy to report that I just had an amazing conversation over the phone with someone I met online, turns out we have quite a bit in common, we're both planning on going to see Snitch next week, can't wait!

Awesome! Hope it goes well :)

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:57 am
Producer

OtherBen wrote:
whilst the way you said what you said wasn't the nicest, i think you're just putting on a bit of a 'laddish' voice just to have a laugh. i don't think that kind of attitude goes down well on this board.

i laughed though, and i thought you sounded like a guy i'd like to go out with. and i also think you're right, you probably would get better looking girls than a lot of these guys, purely because of your confidence. i think a lot of board memebers want to be a white knight riding to the rescure. it's possible for these girls to have the same attitude and go out purely looking for a dick to ride. they're not all little girls with daddy issues who develop deep seated pyschological issues because some guy fucked them. to me it's just as degrading to assume women only want love and to never experiment sexually.

but it ain't no thang. i'm not defending you. i did cringe a little, but then i shook my head and laughed at your boyish banter, because we've all been there. (well, clearly not).

i'd suggest not trying to defend what you said. just say it's not meant entirely seriously.

p.s. i'm 27 and have had two long term relationships and currently live with my girlfriend of 3 years before you try to assume i'm in the same boat as this little rapscallion. just think this board can be a little too serious at times. i highly doubt he goes out and CALLS these girls slam pieces and wrecks their life. he's just being a lovable rogue because he's proud of his sexual conquests. let him enjoy his youth!

There aren't too many certainties in this life. But one is that anyone who uses the term "slam-pieces" in a way that isn't ironic gets literally no action whatsoever.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:08 am
Second Unit Director

Since last night was Valentine's day, I'll submit this pic. I call a spade a spade and don't sugar coat anything.

Slam piece:

This bro had already moved in for the kill though.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:34 pm
Second Unit Director

roastbeef_ajus wrote:
I call a spade a spade and don't sugar coat anything.

How brazen of you. I've got eons more respect for her than for you, though.

Waitwaitwait... are you being a dick because there's someone here you want to bang?

Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:37 pm
Cinematographer

I honestly don't know whether to feel bad for roastbeef or start busting his balls. That picture is basically an open invitation for mockery.

The fact that this picture exists on this forum means that at some point the thought "that'll show those Reelviews guys" passed through his mind at some point last night. That's hilarious! Yet, also kind of sad. I guess it depends on whether or not he's just a clueless uber douche (making it hilarious) or a poser trying to convince people on the internet that he's someone he isn't (making it sad).

Either way, you're sitting at a bar taking pictures of other guys hitting on girls! That's equal parts absurd, lame, and kind of creepy. Haha, stop doing that!

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:07 pm
Second Unit Director

I'll second the creepy notion. Glad I don't live anywhere near roastbeef (odd sentence to read aloud).

But at this point, he's moved into serious troll territory. I think it's time to ignore.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:11 pm
Producer

Yeah, that's actually me in the picture.

The one in the dress.

Let me know next time you're going to be in the same bar as me so I know to wear bike shorts under my mini-dress.

Lucky for everyone here, I waxed that night.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:11 pm
Director

I'm (unfortunately) quite familiar with the kind of frat culture roastbeef is talking about. We've got it in spades at Dartmouth, and of all the great things I can say about my school (it really is an exceptional college), the one thing I truly detest is the frat culture. We've got plenty of bros who see undergrad women as sluts and slam pieces. Personally, I always treat the women on campus with some semblance of respect. Unfortunately, there's plenty of bros who don't.

Also, to an outside observer, it's rather pathetic...some of the stuff frats argue and fight over. You guys might as well be trying to see who can take the world's biggest crap.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:57 pm
Second Unit Director

Sexual Chocolate wrote:
I'm (unfortunately) quite familiar with the kind of frat culture roastbeef is talking about. We've got it in spades at Dartmouth, and of all the great things I can say about my school (it really is an exceptional college), the one thing I truly detest is the frat culture. We've got plenty of bros who see undergrad women as sluts and slam pieces. Personally, I always treat the women on campus with some semblance of respect. Unfortunately, there's plenty of bros who don't.

Also, to an outside observer, it's rather pathetic...some of the stuff frats argue and fight over. You guys might as well be trying to see who can take the world's biggest crap.

Dartmouth huh? That is awesome. I'm sure you also know what famous frat movie is based on one's time at Dartmouth. The one and only fratastic Animal House!...a college staple.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:54 pm
Second Unit Director

Sexual Chocolate wrote:

We were all young and stupid at one time or another. If Roastbeef is in his early 20's and acting like this, it's understandable. If he is in his early 40's, it could be a sign of some psychological issues with women probably stemming from a bad relationship with his mother. Who knows? I just don't see this as something to get that upset over- keep in mind that there are plenty of young women who are stupid enough to think that guys like Roast are attractive. Young and stupid.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:22 pm
Assistant Second Unit Director

maybe he just saw a girl that is in a dress that is FAR too short for her, practically unveiling her minnie mouse for all to see and took a photo of it because it's a wonderful sight and beggars belief. maybe he then uploaded it to facebook for others to think, 'holy shit, does she know how short this dress is?', crazy that she thinks it's ok to go out in that.

he didn't necessarily take the photo JUST to put it on here. we've all been out and taken some pictures with strangers/in awkward positions/people you don't know being so drunk it's unreal etc.

i get that it's not the greatest way to talk about women. and i wouldn't be enticed if i had lady parts, but it is what it is.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 pm
Profile WWW

And it is misogynistic. I don't get why you're defending him, and I'm a little weirded out that you think it's okay.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:01 pm
Producer

It is because of the sort of language under discussion in this thread that people have to write articles like this one to point out things that should be stupidly obvious to everybody.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:35 pm
Producer

it's the principle of lowest common denominator. Airports are now a nightmare owed to a handful of lunatics. The welfare state is undermined by a handful of assholes. And it's difficult to have a normal conversation with girls of a certain age owed to frat-boys who fuck it up for everyone else, and thus put them on the defensive

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:10 am

it's all good. can't say i've had any of the problems you're describing.

and i won't lie and say i've been an absolute peach in my glory days, maybe that's why i'm defending him. but i think it's more just because i think everyone is going way overboard on a messageboard where you can type what you want and be anonymous and that's likely what he did.

moving along, i've never online dated. but i've certainly used the internet/myspace/msn/skype/facebook to lure girls into my sticky web.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Second Unit Director

Ken wrote:
It is because of the sort of language under discussion in this thread that people have to write articles like this one to point out things that should be stupidly obvious to everybody.

This article is way better:

http://www.broslikethissite.com/2009/06/31-one-night-stands.html

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:09 pm
Producer

I met my online friend today and brought her back to my house, we hung and watched a film, it was a pretty good experience overall, i'll definitely be seeing her again.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:48 pm

Vexer wrote:
I met my online friend today and brought her back to my house, we hung and watched a film, it was a pretty good experience overall, i'll definitely be seeing her again.

Dude...is this the date you were talking about going to Snitch with? Or did the plans/online friend change?

Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:42 am
Producer

ram1312 wrote:
Vexer wrote:

Dude...is this the date you were talking about going to Snitch with? Or did the plans/online friend change?

Yeah we changed our plans a bit, she came over to my house since that way we could talk more and I ended up seeing Snitch on monday.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:20 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next