Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:06 pm

Football. Catch the fever. 
Cinematographer

Post Football. Catch the fever.
OK, I know the playoffs are ongoing, but do we have any fans here? I'm going to school in the bay area, I would love to hear from some non-Niners fans.

So... Pats or Ravens?

Even more interesting... Niners or Falcons?

I think that Pats won't have any trouble. The real question is if the Falcons can hold off the read option and all the fakes that are so beautifully executed by Kaepernick. I think that Matt Ryan might find some chinks in the Niner's armor. Their receivers are good enough that it should be an awesome shootout.

Football!

Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:31 am
Second Unit Director

Post Re: Football. Catch the fever.
I'm from the Bay Area and I don't really watch football so I'm not quite what you're looking for, but I know enough about sports to tell you that poor defense doesn't really win you anything. I don't think the 49ers are known for their spectacular defense, as evidence by the that one game they nearly threw away a few weeks ago. An awesome shootout it most likely will be.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:21 am
Cinematographer

Although my love is for the closest team (Tennessee Titans), I was rooting for the Falcons and Patriots yesterday. Like you, I didn't think the Pats would have any problems, but they were whipped by the Ravens in the 2nd half. Looks like the Niners and the Ravens should be a pretty good match. I feel like the Niners will take it, but it should be a good game between two good teams that are playing their best right now.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:40 pm
Second Unit Director

Pedro wrote:
I'm from the Bay Area and I don't really watch football so I'm not quite what you're looking for, but I know enough about sports to tell you that poor defense doesn't really win you anything. I don't think the 49ers are known for their spectacular defense, as evidence by the that one game they nearly threw away a few weeks ago. An awesome shootout it most likely will be.

As a matter of fact, Jim Harbaugh (Coach of the 49ers) is strictly known for his strong defense oriented teams. The 9ers have had a good defense the past 2 years...with a fluke game coming against Seattle at the end of the season. I didn't expect the Patriots to lose like they did, but oh well, now we get the first ever Super Harbowl (head coaches of each team are brothers).

I'll be pulling for the 49ers. Randy Moss deserves that ring after the career he's had (most talented WR of all time, and 2nd in stats after Jerry Rice, who was another 49er).

Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:57 pm