Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:28 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Talk about whatever, version 1.0. 
Director

Post Re: Talk about whatever, version 1.0.
So I've never gone into the Open Forum before and happen to click in here by accident. But I enjoyed reading about your diverse lives.

You guys might be shocked with the public schools here in Bangkok, or at least the one I attended in high school (I was in international school for middle school), which have about 40-50 students per class.

As for recent stuff, I had an all-day hangover on Sunday, following some crazy memory skips the night before which ensures me that I wouldn't go near any more alcohol until Christmas.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:58 pm
Cinematographer

peng wrote:
As for recent stuff, I had an all-day hangover on Sunday, following some crazy memory skips the night before which ensures me that I wouldn't go near any more alcohol until Christmas.

What were you drinking?

This reminds me of the last time I tried a new alcoholic beverage when a friend got me to try a scotch that he claimed was smooth. After an extended period of choking and coughing upon sipping it, I asked him if he was trying to poison me, because the "smooth" scotch seriously tasted like gasoline and had that effect of evaporating in my throat while it was going down.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:32 am
Director

Actually my story is quite similar to you. At first in the pub we three had some beers. And then one of my friends impulsively ordered three shots for us. It looked very green (made me think of the poison from the Disney Snow White) and very warm. After chucking it down and feeling the smoke in my throat and my eyes watering, I asked what he had ordered. He pointed to the name in the menu: "absthine 70%", at which point I almost threw the menu back at him.

But then, maybe because I was losing my mind (I already had twice the beer than either of them), when the other group of friends joined us and ordered whisky, I kept on with them. Next thing I remembered, I was standing in the middle of a crowded club (I knew at the beginning of the night that some of the friends would go clubbing, but I didn't want to go that day). When I realized that, I just left to go home. As I made my way around the exit, my memory skipped again and then I was awake in my own bed with the heaviest of headache the next morning.

Strangely reassuring that I could find my way back home intact with nothing stolen, even with that much brain blanks. But I also shudder at all the worst things that could happen from the scenario, so I am going to lay off it for a long while.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:13 am
Assistant Second Unit Director

I've spent the past year training to be a professional wrestler.

That's a thing.

About me.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:09 pm
Producer

AJR wrote:
I've spent the past year training to be a professional wrestler.

That's a thing.

About me.

How's that going?

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:49 am
Producer

On the drinking theme, I've been drinking "Red Stag" recently. A Jim Bean Cherry Whiskey.

Very, very good. Almost too good!

Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:16 am
Producer

Being the season that it is, I rounded up some cream liqueur for purposes of Irish coffee*. Also plenty of Seagrams 7 and diet cola, as usual. I did try Seagrams 7 and cranberry soda last night, but the results were not the same.

And shitty American beer-water at band practice. Between drinking what my bandmates buy and furnishing the beers myself, I'm almost tempted to do the latter.

*I assume the name is ridiculously un-P.C. But hell, there are worse things to be known as than the country that gets people Irished up during the holidays.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:12 pm
Director

It's 2013 for half an hour now in Thailand. Happy New Year everyone! :P

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:33 pm

My wife's due date was the 4th.

Nothing yet.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:18 am
Producer

Maybe your baby got bumped to the summer schedule.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:50 am
Cinematographer

ram1312 wrote:
My wife's due date was the 4th.

Nothing yet.

Keep us posted, my good sir.

I got a cat a month ago, and his recent bouts of coughing has me worried that he might have asthma. I'm scheduling an appointment with the vet tomorrow.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:07 am
Producer

My Wife and I have decided to sell the house and move to New Zealand ASAP.

Checked the forms online, it looks like we qualify fine and dandy. Just a case of getting rid of our property in a pretty bad market.

The aim is to get there in 18 or so months.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:34 am
Cinematographer

I do hope all goes well with your property arrangements and move to New Zealand. Sounds like a grand adventure. I don't run into many folks from there, but the one's I've met seemed like great people who are proud of where they are from and looking forward to getting back. From the shows I've seen, both the geography and the people remind me of western North America. Looks like a great place.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 am
Producer

NotHughGrant wrote:

The whole trip would be over in five minutes if you'd just ride the eagles.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:36 pm
Cinematographer

Ken wrote:
NotHughGrant wrote:

The whole trip would be over in five minutes if you'd just ride the eagles.

It'd be even faster by gateway.

Wait, damnit, I've still got A Memory of Light on my brain. Yes, I actually read it after telling myself that I was done with Jordan's series.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:29 pm
Producer

CasualDad wrote:
I do hope all goes well with your property arrangements and move to New Zealand. Sounds like a grand adventure. I don't run into many folks from there, but the one's I've met seemed like great people who are proud of where they are from and looking forward to getting back. From the shows I've seen, both the geography and the people remind me of western North America. Looks like a great place.

Cheers for that!

The Wife has family out there who've visted here twice in the last 7 years (f*cking hell, time flies)!

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:17 am
Cinematographer

Converting some vinyl records to mp3s today for a family friend, which has resulted in prolonged exposure to the likes of Dan Fogelberg, Foreigner, and the Jesus Christ Superstar and Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat albums. It's been an experience.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:29 pm
Profile WWW
Producer

Busy day today.

My band is being interviewed on Lansing Community College Radio at 9:45-ish... radio show about local music. Then they're broadcasting a show we're playing at noon. Then we're playing another show later in the evening.

I expect at least one and a half panties to be thrown at me.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:13 am
Cinematographer

Good luck to the band and hopefully you'll receive some panties enticing enough that you'll want to find the source. Hope you have a fun day.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:20 am

Ken wrote:
Busy day today.

My band is being interviewed on Lansing Community College Radio at 9:45-ish... radio show about local music. Then they're broadcasting a show we're playing at noon. Then we're playing another show later in the evening.

I expect at least one and a half panties to be thrown at me.

Curious how this went homeboy...

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:43 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next