Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:41 am

Trailers 
Post Trailers
Would it be difficult to incorporate trailers into the site? Usually, after I read your review, I go searching for the trailer. It would be nice to have it available on your site and would probably drive traffic up and, hopefully, click-throughs.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:21 pm
Post Re: Trailers
I think James has said that's an option he's considering or will do in the future...one of the two.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:00 pm
Thanks for replying. Perhaps he'll move on that sometime in the future. Would be a cool feature to have on the site.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:29 pm
Site Admin

Ironically, this is something I'm currently working on. The first review that will have an attached trailer is next week's HANNAH MONTANA - THE MOVIE (yes, I will be reviewing that). Assuming things work okay, I'll gradually ramp up to the point where most reviews have trailers.

The trailers will be added on the review page beneath the review (rather than on the sidebar, where they could be confused with ads) and will require an active click to play. Right now, I'm still working with the content provider about some of the specifics.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:54 am
Profile WWW
This will be a welcome addition!

Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:31 pm
Very cool. I'll look forward to this additional feature. Thanks.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:12 pm
I'm glad to see that the trailers are making their way into the reviews.

That said, I thought you should know that the Crank 2 trailer isn't playing. Also, may I suggest you ask your encoders to manipulate the player size to accommodate the correct aspect ratio. The 17 Again trailer is majorly pinched.

Just a suggestion. Thanks for the improvements in the site James. I have always enjoyed your reviews and now the improved environment adds to the guest experience.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:36 pm