Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:12 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 122  Next
I Don't Know How Many Basketball Fans We Have Here, But... 
Cinematographer

Post Re: I Don't Know How Many Basketball Fans We Have Here, But...
I went ahead and set up a league on yahoo. I'll be PMing the sign up info to Munich as soon as I finish this post. Anyone else reading this thread that's interested, you're more than welcome to join. Just respond here on PM me and I'll give you the info.

Is spencerworth still around? I want him to join and spend all of his draft money on Lebron. Just have a one player team, dude. What about ram? He stops in every now and then. I wonder if he's too busy laying constant pipe to play fantasy?

Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:39 pm
Second Unit Director

Without further ado...

Shade’s 2012 Scouting Report!!

For my team, of course.

I’ll start with the girls. I’ll give first names that may or may not be made up, height and “build” rather than weight. This is probably only interesting to me, but hey.

To start: The Lady Tigers sense this is a must-win year. Three starters graduate, two of whom are extremely popular and well-regarded in all the right ways. Our younger girls have reached a point where they can contribute in solid ways, and our best player – a sophomore – just keeps getting better. So it’s an exciting time. I’ll add that this group of girls is the most drama-free group of young people I’ve ever been around, and I’ve been around a lot. That’s mostly because the seniors set that precedent and don’t take any crap or stand for any drama. Makes my job easy and wonderful.

So, onto the players.

The starting 5 (you’ll note that we run a 3-guard, 2-forward set. Two true centers come off the bench).

Forward - Claire, SR, 5’10”, average build. Very skilled in the post and an excellent post- and help-defender. A little bit of an enigma and way too hard on herself during games. When she zones in and shakes off mistakes she’s as good a big as our league has. We’re a small team and she’s our defensive anchor in every way and is therefore integral to our success. Can get into foul trouble and must avoid that this year for the team to reach max potential.

Forward – Hannah, SR, 5’9”, average build. Both the most broadly skilled and emotional anchor of the team. Understands people in a very real way and is immeasurably valuable getting her teammates in the right mental state before and during games. Last year in a playoff game she made three FTs with two seconds left to tie it, then hit a 45-footer at the buzzer of OT to win. Thrives under pressure. A deadly shooter from 15-feet in and can guard 4 positions effectively. She’s the type who will be a coach someday.
Guard – Holly, SR, 5’6”, average build. A late bloomer for basketball (originally and still a volleyball star), she’s developed into a very valuable and nuanced player. Solid from 3, and one of our best penetrators. Great vision of the court and routinely shuts down taller guards but being an extremely annoying defender all game long. She’s not a star, but she’s exactly the type of player you need to win big games with.

Guard – Andrea, JR, 5’7”, petite. A genuine, well-rounded genius student, she understands what we’re trying to do on offense and defense probably better than I do. Our best ball-handler and one of the best ball-handlers in the state – teams simply NEVER try to press when she’s in the game. Solid shooter from anywhere and our primary point guard. She doesn’t have spectacular speed and due to that struggles defensively with super-quick guards. I have total trust in her, though – she’ll end up playing more minutes than anyone.

Guard – Haley aka “Buckets”, SOPH, 5’6”, petite. Yes, we call her Buckets. It’s the most appropriate nickname in the history of them. She’s super tiny, which will eventually effect where she can play at the next level, but she absolutely will be playing post-high school. She’s a very good defender, very quick with and without the ball and has great court vision. But forget all that: she’s absolutely deadly from 3-point range. It’s insane. If you saw her in real life you’d assume she couldn’t get the ball to the basket from three. Last year, over 23 games, she shot 184 shots from 3, and made 112. That’s 61%, not counting a playoff game in which she went 9-12 from deep, including 7-7 in the 2nd half. In games. Against prime competition, guards sometimes 6 inches taller and teams who knew she was going to take as many as she could. And doing all this as a freshman against Varsity players. And having done summer workouts with them, she’s noticeably better this year. Her trigger is lightning-fast, as it must be given her size, and it makes the consistency with which she makes them even more uncanny. So remember the name. In addition to all this, she has a solid Tony Parker-esque runner that she uses when they chase her off 3’s.

Bench:

Center – Sarah, SOPH, 5’10”, lean. Our big of the future… her and Buckets should be a deadly combo in a couple years. Still raw offensively but a great help defender – nearly 5 blocks a game on JV last year.

Center – Sarah #2, JR, 5’10”, average build. Very good defensively, still struggles establishing in the post on offense. Not a great shooter but can pick up garbage points on offensive boards.

G/F – Abby, JR, 5’8”, lean. A jack-of-all-trades without a true position. Most valuable as a spot defender.

Guard – Esther, JR, 5’7”, lean. Very quick with the ball and can get to the rim and finish. Struggles with her jumper. Great on the fast break. A Tony Delk-
type who can drop 16 off the bench one game and 2 the next.

Forward – Rachel, JR, 5’7”, average build. Another spot defender. An athlete in a lot of other sports, but very raw on offense.

That’s about it as far as who will get Varsity playing time.

To recap:

Hannah and Haley are the heart of the team – the greatest compliment that I can give is that they play like guys. The offense is built around points in the paint and 3’s. We have to get on the fast break and must win the turnover battle. Obviously Haley has the green light on any 3’s, but otherwise we run a fairly simply penetrate-and-kick offense. Defense is mostly a 1-3-1 trapping zone. One thing we say all the time is that we want to give the other team nightmares about how we play defense.

All in all I’m super pumped… this is the sort of team that can do really well if they maximize their potential. There’s not a game on our schedule that I’m not fully confident we can win.

Guys preview to come! Ask questions if you have them, and I'll provide updates once we start having games.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:48 am
Assistant Second Unit Director

Fantasy league.

Are we going to postpone the draft until we get more players in the league? 5 teams isn't much.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:39 am
Cinematographer

Phil's yet to join, but said he was in so it should be 6 by draft time tonight. That said, 6 isn't ideal, but I don't know who else to ask. I've sent a couple PMs, but no one has responded. I think we only have 6 interested. That'll lead to some loaded teams, for sure, but it should still be a lot of fun. For me. Because I'll be winning. Again.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:08 am

PeachyPete wrote:
Is spencerworth still around? I want him to join and spend all of his draft money on Lebron. Just have a one player team, dude. What about ram? He stops in every now and then. I wonder if he's too busy laying constant pipe to play fantasy?

Fuck!

I just saw this Pete. I'll join in. Haven't done a fantasy league since college but I'll add a body if you guys are willing. Tell me what to do...

Pipe dreams lately...by the way.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:58 am
Cinematographer

ram1312 wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:

Fuck!

I just saw this Pete. I'll join in. Haven't done a fantasy league since college but I'll add a body if you guys are willing. Tell me what to do...

Damn. We had the draft last night. Thanks for being willing, though.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:15 am
Gaffer

PeachyPete wrote:
ram1312 wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:

Fuck!

Damn. We had the draft last night. Thanks for being willing, though.

Oh fiddlesticks! This would have been more fun with the forum's bestest pipe layer (and only Laker fan. Ugh.). We still had a fun draft though. With a couple of bots. Okay, that wasn't so much fun.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:19 pm
Cinematographer

What did everyone think of opening night?

My thoughts, as quickly as possible:

- My Wizards are going to be pretty bad again. They'll be awful as long as Wall and Nene aren't playing, and mediocre at best with those 2. It's going to be another long season and I'll be grasping for ping pong balls next June.

- Kyrie Irving is a great scorer, but not close to a great player yet. He's going to be really good, but I'm not sure how far he can take a team. He's not really a PG, he's just sized to be one. None of this matters right now because the team around him isn't any good, but it will at some point.

- I didn't see any of the Heat-Celtics game, and that kind of sucks. It looks like it was a good, competitive, tense game. Sad I missed that one.

- The Lakers will be fine in the long run, but it's going to take them time. Nash looked totally out of place last night (and old). Howard was ok, but the free throw shooting and constant ineffective post ups really hurt their offense. Gasol was the only one who looked totally comfortable. Kobe wasn't terribly good either, as he was just forcing shots in the offense and doing nothing else.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:53 am
Second Unit Director

Boston looked pretty good. Obviously they gave up a ton of points, but that's to be expected going against Miami and getting new guys in the system. Courtney Lee was a HUGE pickup... once he and Avery Bradley are healthy, they can absolutely shut down Wade in a series.

The most important part was how well they scored. They looked fairly incredible on the break -- less flashy but more effective than Miami, in fact. Which is insane on several levels. And man oh man do these teams HATE each other. I loved Wade calling out Rondo for being a punk after Wade intentionally threw him to the ground in the playoffs a couple years ago.

And I get why people hate him, but this is why I love KG:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

To be clear: Celtics fans have NO RIGHT AT ALL to boo or be upset with Walter Ray. But KG? He does. He was shopped as well and he believes in the team/family aspect more than anyone. Again, you can hate him, but you can't say he's inconsistent in how he handles himself. Regardless, I now believe Boston can be the #2 seed in a very weak East. Bron Bron was great but STILL takes way too many threes. But I now believe he can certainly go down as the best ever.

Lakers looked shoddy and Kobe looked hurt. Not a great start.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:46 pm
Cinematographer

Shade2 wrote:
To be clear: Celtics fans have NO RIGHT AT ALL to boo or be upset with Walter Ray. But KG? He does. He was shopped as well and he believes in the team/family aspect more than anyone. Again, you can hate him, but you can't say he's inconsistent in how he handles himself. Regardless, I now believe Boston can be the #2 seed in a very weak East. Bron Bron was great but STILL takes way too many threes. But I now believe he can certainly go down as the best ever.

Agreed completely and I love that KG did this. All the reports out of that game were about how anxious and nervous Allen was to get the greetings to his old teammates out of the way. KG sent a pretty big message with that blow off. There's no friendships in this rivlary and that's why it's great. If you're with them, you're the enemy. We don't get to see that stuff much anymore in sports. Guys play hard between the lines, but are all hugs and handshakes afterwards. It's so great when two teams really, truly dislike one another.

As for last night:

- James Harden. Wow. I think Bill Simmons' twitter summed it up best: James Harden Eff You Mode was typed over and over to fill up 140 characters. He and Lin are going to make some beautiful music together. They might not even make the playoffs, but they'll be really fun to watch. Houston needs a few more pieces, but they're well on their way to contention.

- As Shade and I discussed on Facebook last night - the Unibrow is legit. Sure, they lost, but they played one of the best teams in the league tough. And look at who he's playing with!

- CP3 is up to his old tricks again. He ran the show and was pretty quiet for most of the game, and then took over down the stretch. It never ceases to amaze me the pure feel he has for the game. He just knows when it's time to take over, and then does it. The Clips have a nice bench this year with Crawford, Odom, and Bledsoe. They might get a top 3 seed in the West.

- The Lakers. Oof. We knew it was going to take some time, but they don't look good AT ALL. To make matters worse, Nash left the game with a bruised leg. They aren't playing much defense, despite having a great defender anchoring the middle, and the offense just looks like a bunch of guys going one-on-one. I'm sure they aren't doing this, but it looks like they're making conscious efforts to get Kobe, Howard, and Gasol a certain number of shots. There's just no fluidity to what they're running so every possession either ends in Kobe going one-on-one, Howard posting up, or Gasol going one-on-one. These guys are so good that they make it sort of work, but it's ugly basketball.

- Portland might be pretty good this year. Batum and Matthews on the wings was already as good a pair of wing players as any team has, and Aldridge is a beast. Lillard came in and went for 23 and 11 (albeit with 6 turnovers) and looked like a starting NBA PG. Their bench isn't anything special, but I think they'll be fighting for a playoff spot this year.

One last thing:

If you're an OKC fan, after last night, don't you have to be a little disappointed right now? I mean, a week ago they were set to open up against the Spurs, fresh off of losing in the Finals, with essentially the same, young team back ready to learn from their growing pains. Now? The bomb that was the Harden trade dropped, which was followed by what he did last night. I don't know, I feel like I'd be kind of down on the season if I was an OKC fan at this point. I'd feel like there was no chance we could improve on last season.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:03 am
Second Unit Director

PeachyPete wrote:
As Shade and I discussed on Facebook last night - the Unibrow is legit. Sure, they lost, but they played one of the best teams in the league tough. And look at who he's playing with!

Yep. And just to be clear... Danno's Spurs look REALLY good.

PeachyPete wrote:
CP3 is up to his old tricks again. He ran the show and was pretty quiet for most of the game, and then took over down the stretch. It never ceases to amaze me the pure feel he has for the game. He just knows when it's time to take over, and then does it. The Clips have a nice bench this year with Crawford, Odom, and Bledsoe. They might get a top 3 seed in the West.

So true. And really, there's no one in the NBA who plays this smart right now, right? Maybe ever? We all love (or at least respect) Kobe/Jordan/KG/etc for playing hard regardless of situation, but that's just not smart in today's NBA. CP3 has somehow mastered the ability to be smart and controlled but still have the killer instinct and desire to change and realign a game. It's fairly incredible, no?

PeachyPete wrote:
I feel like I'd be kind of down on the season if I was an OKC fan at this point. I'd feel like there was no chance we could improve on last season.

Exactly. They COULD make the Finals I suppose, but that's absolutely the best they could do -- and they could certainly also be done in the 2nd round.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:44 pm
Cinematographer

Shade2 wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:
I feel like I'd be kind of down on the season if I was an OKC fan at this point. I'd feel like there was no chance we could improve on last season.

Exactly. They COULD make the Finals I suppose, but that's absolutely the best they could do -- and they could certainly also be done in the 2nd round.

I'd be even more down after last night. Not just because they lost in heartbreaking fashion, but because it's clear that Westbrook still has the same issues he's always had and that they're going to severely miss Harden's ability to run the offense when Westbrook plays like he did last night.

I still don't know why Westbrook and Durant haven't figured out how to run a pick and roll together. Hell, they don't even try it. It's only the most common, effective play in basketball! At this point, there's no real reason to continue to harp on that, though. We've been saying it for 2 years and it just isn't happening. OKC winning a ring isn't happening either unless Westbrook learns to defer to Durant. Again, different year, same song. He's also still unable to shift gears when his shot isn't falling. He's got a scorer's mentality at all times, which likely comes from not playing PG until he reached the NBA. He's a great player, but he hurts his team more than he helps them entirely too often when he plays like he did last night.

I just don't understand why he's so against Durant being The Man at the end of games. The guy just can't accept that he's a better player. Honestly, I would have preferred to see them trade Westbrook and sign Harden. He isn't the athlete Westbrook is, but he is a smarter, more efficient player. He'd be just as, if not more, effective if given Westbrook's role. Harden's also very comfortable with being the second, or third, option. They could have gotten more for Westbrook than they got for Harden, and the team hierarchy would no longer be an issue.

As for the Spurs, they look really good. That was a big win coming off of their unexpected opening night nailbiter. 2 nights, 2 clutch moments from Tony Parker. Timmy looks rejuvenated as well. Right now, they're a much better team than OKC.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:24 am
Assistant Director

I like the fact Kobe Bryant told critics that have been harping on the Lakers' 0-2 start to shut up. Easiest thing in the world to do is criticize. I'm not sure how to fix the issues they have, i.e. defensive lapses, mismatched personnel for the offense, but I dig the fact the franchise's face took it upon himself to address the media in this way.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:47 am
Cinematographer

DylnFan96818 wrote:
I like the fact Kobe Bryant told critics that have been harping on the Lakers' 0-2 start to shut up. Easiest thing in the world to do is criticize. I'm not sure how to fix the issues they have, i.e. defensive lapses, mismatched personnel for the offense, but I dig the fact the franchise's face took it upon himself to address the media in this way.

He's right. It takes time. As others have pointed out, the Heat started 9-8 when Lebron and Bosh joined Wade. Two games out of 82 is nothing and it doesn't even matter much if they fall to 0-3 tonight. Howard isn't the same guy defensively right now because he's still recovering from back surgery. Their offense is just going to take some time. They need to figure out what works and what doesn't. I think their biggest problem right now is how they're using Nash, but they're just too good for it to stay this way.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:27 pm

So, D'Antoni, right move? Screw Jackson? What really happened?

OH, and BTW, 1st place!!!

LOL, I know it's early, but sure do love my FB team...

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:42 pm
Cinematographer

Are the Knicks for real? They have the best record in the East, they're 2-0 against Miami, and last night they didn't even have Melo. They're 4th in points per game and 8th in points allowed. They have a legit #1 scoring option and great closer in Melo, a great defensive anchor in Chandler, role players and bench guys who know their role and relish it, and championship leadership and experience with Kidd and Chandler. The only thing I worry about is the inconsistency that's plagued both Raymond Felton and JR Smith throughout their careers. They've been great through the first 18 games, but we've seen both of those guys have success for extended periods of time only to regress at some point. Maybe being on what looks like a legit contender so far will keep them locked in for the whole season. They play small and shoot a lot of 3s, so they need both of those guys to keep playing well.

Also, major props should be given to Tyson Chandler. He's the reason they're able to play Melo at the 4 and still have a top 10 defense. He's doing what he did in Dallas, but probably even better. He's allowing his frontcourt mate to control the offense while picking up his slack on the defensive end. Dirk is probably a better defender than Melo (faint praise, I know), so it's a bit more impressive that the Knicks are a such a good defensive squad.

The big question is what happens when Amare comes back? Do you keep Melo at the 4 and bring him off the bench? Throw him back into the starting lineup? Try to trade him? If he's the Amare of last year, I think you have to try to bring him off the bench. The team is working too well currently and I'd be hesitant to risk upsetting that by putting another offensively minded player/lackluster defender on the court. Amare wasn't scoring anywhere near as efficiently last year as he normally does, and he's probably on the decline at this point. I think he'd be best suited to take Sheed's minutes and be something of a super sub. I think he could be incredibly valuable in that role. Good luck convincing him to accept that role, however.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:26 am
Gaffer

Do the Lakers make the playoffs?? They're in serious, serious danger of missing out right now. Sure, guys will get healthy but it might be too late by then. And even if they do get healthy, the Lakers are just too old and bad to defend anyone. It's easy to blame D'Antoni's system but those Phoenix teams actually held opposing teams to a league average Point per Possession rate. Their high pace created more possessions thus inflating the points allowed stat.

Are the Clippers for real? Any team with CP3 has a chance to go deep. And you know he's going to raise his level massively in the playoffs. Still, I'm not convinced. I'd take OKC over them in a heart beat and feel that both the Spurs and the Griz could get the better of them when things slow down. But, again, CP3 dudes.

Who do you like for MVP? I suppose that has a lot to do with how you think about the MVP award. CP3 is a strong contender if you're thinking most valuable to the team. LBJ is the clear favourite if you're thinking about the better player because, well, he's just better than anyone in the league (*gags*). Of course, KD could fit into either category and would make a fine choice every year. I suppose my vote would begrudgingly go to LeBron so far. What say you?

Who finishes with the worst record in the league? Petey's Wiz should be the clear favourite, but with Sideshow Bob going down I'm nominating the Cavs. The Wiz have the personnel to be better than their record. I'm not sure the Cavs do. In any case, both teams really suck.

Also: Zach Lowe is killing Grantland. He's writing fantastic stuff in high volumes. Always a pleasure to read.

Also, also: My fantasy team has a healthy 4 point lead and John Wall is supposed to come back tonight! I'll expect a trade proposal from PeachyPete shortly!

Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:53 pm
Cinematographer

ed_metal_head wrote:
Do the Lakers make the playoffs?? They're in serious, serious danger of missing out right now. Sure, guys will get healthy but it might be too late by then. And even if they do get healthy, the Lakers are just too old and bad to defend anyone. It's easy to blame D'Antoni's system but those Phoenix teams actually held opposing teams to a league average Point per Possession rate. Their high pace created more possessions thus inflating the points allowed stat.

I think they'll still make the playoffs, but I don't think you can take them seriously as a contender. I think they get in as the 7th or 8th seed, but it'll take 35-40 minutes a night from Nash, Kobe, and Howard. That will pretty much ruin their chances of taking down one of the West's top teams in Round 1.

As you said, they're just too old and bad with no depth to defend. Their offense is scoring and shooting efficiently (outside of Gasol, when he was playing), but they just can't stop anyone. A lot of it is Howard not being the same guy he was before back surgery. He just can't control the paint and erase mistakes like he used to. Sure, his numbers are similar, but the impact just isn't there right now.

I think they need to move Gasol. Whether he can't play with Howard, is getting old, or can't handle being the 3rd or 4th option, he isn't working for them at all right now. I don't really know who would take him at this point, but they need to get another defensive minded PF in that spot to help Howard. Or they can ride it out and hope Howard returns to being the guy he was in Orlando. This team (well, the starting 5 at least) should fit well together on paper, but it clearly isn't. You can't have a starting PF who's been an All-Star level player most of his career shooting 40% from the field. That's just ridiculous.

ed_metal_head wrote:
Are the Clippers for real? Any team with CP3 has a chance to go deep. And you know he's going to raise his level massively in the playoffs. Still, I'm not convinced. I'd take OKC over them in a heart beat and feel that both the Spurs and the Griz could get the better of them when things slow down. But, again, CP3 dudes.

I'm not ready to call them title contenders just yet. Outside of their long winning streak, they've been essentially the same team they were last year. A hot streak in November/December isn't going to suddenly make a team legit in my eyes. Mind you, I think they're better than last year and certainly could be developing into contenders as I type, but I'd like to wait a while and see how they play after the All-Star break when the season really gets going before I say they are.

ed_metal_head wrote:
Who do you like for MVP? I suppose that has a lot to do with how you think about the MVP award. CP3 is a strong contender if you're thinking most valuable to the team. LBJ is the clear favourite if you're thinking about the better player because, well, he's just better than anyone in the league (*gags*). Of course, KD could fit into either category and would make a fine choice every year. I suppose my vote would begrudgingly go to LeBron so far. What say you?

The award should go to Lebron every year until further notice. That doesn't mean it will (in fact, it probably won't this year), but it should.

ed_metal_head wrote:
Who finishes with the worst record in the league? Petey's Wiz should be the clear favourite, but with Sideshow Bob going down I'm nominating the Cavs. The Wiz have the personnel to be better than their record. I'm not sure the Cavs do. In any case, both teams really suck.

We've won 2 in a row and John Wall just came back! Fuck you, Cleveland!

ed_metal_head wrote:
Also: Zach Lowe is killing Grantland. He's writing fantastic stuff in high volumes. Always a pleasure to read.

He really is. I make it a point (forward) to read everything he writes. I enjoy that he covers the whole league in depth instead of just the high profile teams.

ed_metal_head wrote:
Also, also: My fantasy team has a healthy 4 point lead and John Wall is supposed to come back tonight! I'll expect a trade proposal from PeachyPete shortly!

I'm just biding my time until I swoop in and steal the title from you. I will haunt your dreams!

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:16 am
Second Unit Director

The Lakers:

Kobert has been insane this year. Very impressive. The rest? Not so much. And this is not a super-original thought, but Dwight is coming off pretty major surgery and has been pretty amazing by any normal human standard. Sucks for LA if this is the year Nash finally starts to break down, but his problem may just be that haircut. Regardless, I agree with Petey that they will get in the playoffs, that ESPN will start saying that they are heating up at just the right time, and they will be bounced fairly early. Alas.

PeachyPete wrote:
I'm not ready to call them title contenders just yet. Outside of their long winning streak, they've been essentially the same team they were last year. A hot streak in November/December isn't going to suddenly make a team legit in my eyes. Mind you, I think they're better than last year and certainly could be developing into contenders as I type, but I'd like to wait a while and see how they play after the All-Star break when the season really gets going before I say they are.

I agree with all of this, so rather than just rehash it, I'll repost it and say that I agree with it.

PeachyPete wrote:
The award should go to Lebron every year until further notice. That doesn't mean it will (in fact, it probably won't this year), but it should.

Yep. It won't, of course, but it should. Remember Karl Malone winning it over Jordan? Ridiculous.

I will say what I've said before: Chris Paul is the best pure PG who has ever lived. In terms of overall value, he may be #2 in the league. I enjoy watching him more than any player in the game right now, and maybe ever (partially, I admit, because his style of play is more accessible and reminiscent of my type of style.

PeachyPete wrote:
I'm just biding my time until I swoop in and steal the title from you. I will haunt your dreams!

I literally just sat here thinking for five minutes if I am "playing" fantasy in our league this year. I still don't know.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:26 pm
Second Unit Director

Oy, Kobe. Crazy that we won't see him play for a year... I'm not saying this is totally legitimate or that he's fought through enormously tough injuries (although some have been very tough), but it always feels like he's sorta invincible, no? I mean, it almost feels like he'll make a comeback for the playoffs because that's what Kobe does. Is this the beginning of the end for him? We'll see.

And yes, they should amnesty him, then re-sign him. Doubt it happens, though.

I still don't think Miami loses more than 4 games in the playoffs, but seeing what teams like Denver and Golden State do will be interesting.

Also, there was an SI piece about this this week... is Marc Gasol the best center in the league right now? He's the most productive with the advanced stats, and I love him, but I dunno.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:21 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 122  Next