Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:13 pm

Justice League Movie? 
Post Re: Justice League Movie?
unwindfilms wrote:
Superman and Batman have been on TV since the 50s, 60s and in the movies in the 70s,80s and 2000s

Their multimedia legacy goes well before that. In the 1940s, Superman was in comic books, newspaper strips, theatrical shorts, theatrical serials, and a radio show. Batman and Robin also had a couple theatrical serials.

Captain Marvel had his own serial around the same time, though he wasn't in the DC Universe yet. In fact, he was the flagship character of a rival company and was popular enough to outsell even Superman at one point.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:49 pm
Cinematographer

Ben Affleck eyed to direct "Justice league" by WB and probably to be released on 2015
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/ben-affleck-to-direct-justice-league-movie
Any opinion?

Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
A piggy bank, nothing more.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:13 pm
Affleck directing a Justice League film? That should be interesting.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:20 pm
Cinematographer

Vexer wrote:

He denied the rumour and said that he has never been approach by WB on a Justice league Movie. Now there is another more recent rumour about the Wachowski Brothers and I am suggesting Guillermo del Toro

What do you reckon?

Any favourite director for the Justice League Movie?

Cheers

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:22 am
Profile WWW
unwindfilms wrote:
Vexer wrote:

He denied the rumour and said that he has never been approach by WB on a Justice league Movie. Now there is another more recent rumour about the Wachowski Brothers and I am suggesting Guillermo del Toro

What do you reckon?

Cheers

Definitely Bryan Singer, though the Wachowski Bros are a pretty good choice as well.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:59 am
Vexer wrote:
unwindfilms wrote:
Vexer wrote:

What do you reckon?

Cheers

Definitely Bryan Singer, though the Wachowski Bros are a pretty good choice as well.

Shouldn't they be referred to as "the Wachowski siblings" now?

Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:44 am
Director

Vexer wrote:

Robert Rodriguez or Sam Raimi.

Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out-Martin Scorsese.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1347771599

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:25 pm
johnny larue wrote:

They're just The Wachowskis now.

I would suggest Stephen Chow.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:32 pm
Cinematographer

johnny larue wrote:

You are right "Lana and Andy" Wachowski :-) I liked The Matrix but that was it from them thou

Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
Cinematographer

Interesting Options shown by others, now why I like Guillermo del Toro?

1) He has already made good comic book adaptations before and in fact steadily improving in time according both critics and public
Blade II (2002) : RT: 59% , IMDB : 6.6
Hellboy (2204) : RT : 81%, IMDB: 6.9
Hellboy II (2008): : RT: 86% , IMDB: 7.1

2) He is keen in filming in 3D
Even he has not made a 3D movie yet , however he wanted to direct an adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft’s novella At the Mountains of Madness in 3D with James Cameron as producer but both bailed out as the movie studio was given less than the $150 million they (or Cameron) were asking, now a Justice League movie potentially can have a bigger budget. In any case he has been friend of James Cameron for 20 years :-)

Cheers

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:52 am
Profile WWW
Cinematographer

Batman did well at the box office this year but could not beat The Avengers so now he is calling his Super Friends for round 2 in 2015 8-)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2012/10/19/warner-bros-preparing-justice-league-movie-for-2015/

Will DC beat Marvel in 2015?

I can hardly wait myself lol

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Auteur

unwindfilms wrote:
Batman did well at the box office this year but could not beat The Avengers so now he is calling his Super Friends for round 2 in 2015 8-)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2012/10/19/warner-bros-preparing-justice-league-movie-for-2015/

Will DC beat Marvel in 2015?

I can hardly wait myself lol

Awesome! Not only do we get another big crossover film, were FINALLY getting a Wonder Woman adaption, it's about damn time!

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:24 pm
Producer

Poor Christopher Nolan. He's finally gotten one of his projects roped into the sort of shared universe storytelling that he's been trying so hard to avoid.

Not that he's likely to have any involvement with the JL movie, but he'll have retroactively participated by his involvement with Superman.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:20 pm
Cinematographer

Quote:
Rumor has it that Warner Bros. is extremely happy with what they’ve seen of Guillermo Del Toro‘s Pacific Rim (they aren’t the only ones) and has given the director his pick of the litter of studio projects. But instead of choosing to direct the obvious superhero team-up film Justice League, Del Toro reportedly wants to do something similar, but with his own twist.

The idea is called Heaven Sent and it would combine several of the magical, spectral beings in the DC Comics Universe into one movie
from
http://www.slashfilm.com/guillermo-del-toro-hoping-to-do-dc-comics-monster-team-film-called-heaven-sent-crimson-peak-moving-forward/

If Guillermo del Toro (my first choice) is not going to do The Justice League and as I want it to be shot directly in 3D to compete in the box office with not handicaps with The Avengers in 2015 plus of course to add to my visual experience then I would suggest either Marc Webb or even Paul W.S. Anderson to direct it :-)

What do you reckon? Who do you think finally will direct this movie?

Cheers

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:33 am
Profile WWW
Cinematographer

Quote:
Gah. Such as it is with rumors, it seems there was a bit of mixup. But Guillermo Del Toro clarifies his position on "Heaven Sent" on his own forums: "Wow- please contact whoever said I denied it. I cannot recall ever answering a question like that. Sadly I dont do tweeter. I denied being involved in JLA but ['Heaven Sent'] I would love to do!!!"
from : http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/guillermo-del-toro-shoots-down-rumors-that-hes-doing-dc-comics-movie-at-warner-bros-20121103

Well it seems that It's not clear whether Guillermo del Toro would like to direct the Justice League or no but what it is clear is that he would love to direct "Heaven Sent" maybe WB could make a deal including two films with him ;-) Again another door to knock can be Marc Webb and Paul W S Anderson 8-)

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:10 am
Profile WWW
Cinematographer

man of Steel to get 3D Conversion
Quote:
Man of Steel producer Christopher Nolan has resisted working in 3D. Snyder, on the other hand, has worked with 3D (Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole).

Uhmm, I did not know that Snyder liked 3D (I personally liked his work in Dawn of the dead and the vision of making the zombies really dangerous by being quicker than other zombies's films) if that's so he could be another director candidate to direct the Justice league but please shoot it natively in 3D not like The Avengers or Man of Steel ;-)

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:31 am
Profile WWW
Producer

Bleh. I guess if I'm super-bored (see what I did there?!), I could see the 3D conversion of Man of Steel. But my first screening will most certainly be in 2D.

If the movie is worthwhile, I'll certainly see it enough times that I might give one of them a shot in 3D.

(Please, please let this movie be as awesome as it damn well should be.)

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:03 am
Second Unit Director

Ken wrote:
Bleh. I guess if I'm super-bored (see what I did there?!), I could see the 3D conversion of Man of Steel. But my first screening will most certainly be in 2D.

If the movie is worthwhile, I'll certainly see it enough times that I might give one of them a shot in 3D.

(Please, please let this movie be as awesome as it damn well should be.)

Hopefully if it is given the same revereance and respect as that the batman franchise was, then it will be a worthwhile movie.
From the trailer it looks to be quite a fairly sombre and important film. It could be arqued that the trailer for superman is quite similar to the barman begins trailer in that bat man doen not really appear it until the end. Superman looks to be the same.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:05 am
Cinematographer

WB better gets the Justice league right for 2015 if they want to compete/beat in the box office big movies such as:
Avengers 2
Star Wars 7

Snyder will keep the movie on course in his Man of Steel next year

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:26 pm
Profile WWW