Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:10 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
Talk about whatever, version 1.0. 
Post Re: Talk about whatever, version 1.0.
Ken wrote:
To play devil's advocate for a moment, it seems like a toilet should be able to take an unflushed piss or two before anything terrible begins to happen. It's still a high ratio of clean water to urine.

Maybe there's something in these people's diet that makes their urine especially pungent, or maybe they're not getting enough water. Valid health concerns.

They're actually health nuts, so it isn't dietary concerns.

And I don't know that I'd classify it as something terrible, just a bad smelling bathroom. When piss sits in a toilet all day, every day for years on end, I think it's pretty easy to see why the bathroom would reek of urine.

I just think it's weird. Flush the damn toilet and stop worrying about the 50 cents a month it will cost you on your water bill.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:20 am
The other day I took a piss while my wife was behind the curtain taking a shower. She tells me, "Smells like you need to drink some water."

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Cinematographer

ram1312 wrote:
The other day I took a piss while my wife was behind the curtain taking a shower. She tells me, "Smells like you need to drink some water."

This brief story-lette does two things: it makes your wife sound like an amazing catch and you sound like a fellow who enjoys urinating in the same room as your wife.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:45 pm
Director

PeachyPete wrote:
My girlfriend's brother and his wife only flush their toilet for #2s. They flush for #1s at the end of the day. I guess it's a way to conserve water or something, but their entire bathroom smells like piss! I mean, that's weird, right?

I respect the rule as much as I can because it's their house, but I'm guilty of flushing their most of the time because, you know, I'm a normal human being who's been conditioned to flush the toilet after I use it. When they visit they don't flush our toilet which is basically the same as me flushing at their place, without the added benefit of my bathroom smelling like urine.

That's actually really, really disgusting.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:46 am
PeachyPete wrote:
My girlfriend's brother and his wife only flush their toilet for #2s. They flush for #1s at the end of the day. I guess it's a way to conserve water or something, but their entire bathroom smells like piss! I mean, that's weird, right?

I respect the rule as much as I can because it's their house, but I'm guilty of flushing their most of the time because, you know, I'm a normal human being who's been conditioned to flush the toilet after I use it. When they visit they don't flush our toilet which is basically the same as me flushing at their place, without the added benefit of my bathroom smelling like urine.

It sounds like a place that no Japanese person would want to visit, as their houses generally don't keep the toilet in the same room as the bathtub/shower because they consider it unsanitary. For the record: I flush for everything and sometimes more than once depending on what came out.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:30 pm
Ken wrote:
It wouldn't be much of an exaggeration to say that her ass has been the most impressive thing about her for some time now.

Listen, crazy man: when you order chicken do you also waste your time by getting the thigh? The breast is the most succulent piece there is. ScarJo's best ass-et is not her ass.

PeachyPete wrote:
Ken wrote:
To play devil's advocate for a moment, it seems like a toilet should be able to take an unflushed piss or two before anything terrible begins to happen. It's still a high ratio of clean water to urine.

Maybe there's something in these people's diet that makes their urine especially pungent, or maybe they're not getting enough water. Valid health concerns.

They're actually health nuts, so it isn't dietary concerns.

And I don't know that I'd classify it as something terrible, just a bad smelling bathroom. When piss sits in a toilet all day, every day for years on end, I think it's pretty easy to see why the bathroom would reek of urine.

I just think it's weird. Flush the damn toilet and stop worrying about the 50 cents a month it will cost you on your water bill.

I'm with the Pete-bear here. Urine smells. Besides, when you take a multi-vitamin it leaves your urine quite dark. Let that sit and the porcelain stains. Not desirable. If it's yellow, please don't let it mellow.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:50 pm
That dark color is an indication of where most of your expensive multivitamin is going.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:26 pm
Cinematographer

Ken wrote:
That dark color is an indication of where most of your expensive multivitamin is going.

That's correct. Americans have some luxurious pee.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/04 ... s-cdc-says
http://onpoint.wbur.org/2011/10/27/vitamins

Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:46 pm
Mark III wrote:
ram1312 wrote:

This brief story-lette does two things: it makes your wife sound like an amazing catch and you sound like a fellow who enjoys urinating in the same room as your wife.

Product of the environment really...we were out of the country and in a tiny house. But yeah...I have no problem number oneing in her presence.

Which is a good question for the thread visitors. Gross, but good.

What are your feelings of bathroom business and your significant other?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:00 am
Cinematographer

ram1312 wrote:

I don't mind letting my wife know that I'm a urinator. She tends not to hide this from me, either. The other, more shameful end of waste management doesn't often go mentioned except in relation to the kids. Yesterday, I managed the neat trick of sneezing and farting at the exact same time. I had the brief urge to stop, turn around and try to blame someone else but went about my business. She had probably guessed years ago that I was capable of such a combination. The elevator moment came several hours later that, once again, I had let the opportunity to say "Who let the invisible duck out of the cage?" slip away.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:17 am
Toilet business is something we don't particularly try to gloss over, but we still don't do it in front of each other. This is actually my doing; in my opinion, it's a miniature vacation that I go on by myself. It's for Independent Ken only. Relationship Ken can have whatever else he wants, but this is something that can never be taken away from Independent Ken without destroying him.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:11 pm
Director

I'm posting this while sitting comfortably on a bench on the edge of the Dartmouth Green. I work so much that it's pretty easy to forget how nice of a place Hanover is. This is one of those days where I've been able to slow down a bit, and I'm grateful for that.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:09 pm
Cinematographer

Sexual Chocolate wrote:
I'm posting this while sitting comfortably on a bench on the edge of the Dartmouth Green. I work so much that it's pretty easy to forget how nice of a place Hanover is. This is one of those days where I've been able to slow down a bit, and I'm grateful for that.

Is it true that, if you apply to Harvard, Yale and/or Princeton and get rejected, they automatically give you acceptance to Dartmouth in a letter enclosed with the rejection letter? That's really nice of them!

Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:30 pm
Director

I never applied to Harvard, Yale, or Princeton. Up here, we may be the smallest of the Ivies, but we're pretty awesome in our own way.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:53 pm
Ragnarok73 wrote:
It sounds like a place that no Japanese person would want to visit, as their houses generally don't keep the toilet in the same room as the bathtub/shower because they consider it unsanitary. For the record: I flush for everything and sometimes more than once depending on what came out.

What's funny about this is that he's in the Navy and has been stationed in Japan for the last year. He comes back in October or November sometime and I can only hope that those Japanese customs have rubbed off on them.

ram1312 wrote:

There are no lines in our house. All of it is free game. At first I was a little apprehensive when I was dropping a deuce, but by now I can only not talk to her/look at her when it's the first turd. That's probably disgusting and nothing anyone EVER needed to know, but there it is anyway.

I will say it's rare that we talk while one of us is shitting. But, if we're in an important conversation, it does happen. I just need to get that first turd out before I can engage.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:09 pm
Cinematographer

Oh man, Pete. You just totally quoted that recent Zac Efron movie.

Attachment:
the-lucky-one.jpg
the-lucky-one.jpg [ 55.66 KiB | Viewed 760 times ]

ZAC EFRON'S CHARACTER: "I just need to get that first turd out before I can engage."
squints, holding eye contact with LEAD FEMALE IN MOVIE
wipes sweat off of brow, hands LEAD FEMALE IN MOVIE a beatiful ring

Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Having recently seen above film...I cannot stop laughing right now.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:52 pm
PeachyPete wrote:
I will say it's rare that we talk while one of us is shitting. But, if we're in an important conversation, it does happen. I just need to get that first turd out before I can engage.

I couldn't really do this- for me, some bodily functions need to be kept to the audience of one. Your post above made me think about this vid I stumbled across on YouTube a while back:

One of the last things you'd ever want to happen to yourself in public.

If one has friends who are comfortable when situations like this occur, then I can see the comfort level being there when taking a deuce in the same room.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:49 pm
Who else is seeing RiffTrax Live - Manos: The Hands of Fate tonight?

Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:11 pm
Producer

If a married man goes on holiday with his Wife and kids, his daily shit (if he's lucky enough to be a daily man) is his part of the holiday. Apart from sleep, that's what he looks forward to.

Too cynical?

Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:02 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next