Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Ken's Blog 
Post Re: Ken's Blog
Evenflow8112 wrote:
Do you have any external drives? If not, imo buy at least two when you start hardcore blogging again.

Yup. It's mostly text though so a cheaper and more secure option would be to email yourself blog entries and forum backups. I think something like 80% (I forgot the most quoted number) will experience data loss at some point in their life so it pays to back up important stuff. It also pays to take your own advice. One day I must do this.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:30 pm
I'm back, baby!

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:53 pm
New on my blog: a restoration of the MSU Comics Forum entries ( http://ievolvedintothis.com/?page_id=27 ) and an entry on David Mazzuchelli's graphic novel Asterios Polyp ( http://ievolvedintothis.com/?p=30 ).

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:22 pm
New on my blog: the Classic Simpsons recap.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:46 pm
New on my blog: a new classic Simpsons recap, plus vintage entry: On The Premises.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:00 am
New on my blog: my band's new album art (by yours truly), plus a new Simpsons recap.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:09 am

I dig it. Is that guy playing hockey with dinosaur poop? Strange but inventive. Now if someone would only approve my erudite comment placed two entries ago.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:32 pm
It's not dinosaur poop, but... fuck it. If people see dinosaur poop, that's what it is.

I'll get around to approving the legit comments. First, I have to deal with the steady stream of spam comments, which has piled up well into the thousands.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:34 pm
I feel like a just failed a Rorschach test. Oil Leak?

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:36 pm
It was originally supposed to be a shadow, but I think I distressed it too much. I wanted it to look like an ink splatter, but I was fighting to make it look non-digital. All of the original line art was done with a tablet and stylus.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:51 pm
Ken wrote:
It was originally supposed to be a shadow, but I think I distressed it too much. I wanted it to look like an ink splatter, but I was fighting to make it look non-digital. All of the original line art was done with a tablet and stylus.

That's actually pretty interesting cover-work. Mightily impressive layout, too. Have you considered doing this sort of thing for bands on a salary-basis?

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:26 pm
I have considered doing freelance stuff for bands in the area--album art, t-shirt designs, fliers, etc. My education included a pretty heavy graphic/document design element, so it would be more stuff for the resume.

My favorite bit of work I've done for Tyrannovox so far is this, but I might like the Insanitizer art more once all is said and done.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:54 pm
New on my blog: vintage entry "The Beavis and Butthead Effect" + another Simpsons recap.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:40 am
Assistant Director

You retire this?

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:23 am
Mark III wrote:
You retire this?

No, the servers for his webpage host crashed and almost all of the data was lost.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:36 am
Assistant Director

Vexer wrote:
Mark III wrote:
You retire this?

No, the servers for his webpage host crashed and almost all of the data was lost.

That's discouraging. Thanks for the info. Was expecting to read something about the progress of the album. Who does vocalist remind you of?

Ian MacKaye?

You tell me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTWSSCYUD4E

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:49 am
I figured we sound kind of like what would happen if John Coltrane, Bootsy Collins, and John Fogerty started a supergroup. Except nowhere near that awesome.

The album is basically done, save for some final layers of finish. It has been this way since December. As for when it'll be out, we'll see, but the whole thing is available for listening in its current state at tyrannovox.blogspot.com. If nothing else, people can at least go there and experience our studio output. I listened back to all of it recently, and I have to admit that a lot of it is pretty good.

The situation isn't even something I'm particularly distressed about. I can't be mad at our singer for having concerns in his life (engagement + a baby boy) that take precedence over his extracurricular activities. If it all ends up working out, I have a small stockpile of musical ideas that might become something, or it might become nothing. In the meantime, another band I'm friendly with currently requires a bassist, and they may have filled the position by now, but I've offered my novice-level services in case their current prospect doesn't work out for them. We'll see.

I have no current interest in trying to resuscitate I Evolved Into This!?, but I'm always writing some damn thing or another, and I also have a lot of my favorite entries squirreled away in a hard drive somewhere. So we'll see.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:47 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6