Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:20 pm

Tell Us Your Weekend Plans 
Cinematographer

Post Tell Us Your Weekend Plans
It's Friday, after all. Seeing something? Seeing someone? Moving?

Also: this place needs new threads and this was a quick way of starting one.

I'm helping a friend move tomorrow. I'll probably drink tea. I'll maybe start a thread on Mission To Mars if I watch it. I'll do my best to get this forum's Last Seven Days thread count to 4 pages becaus this place is picking up but could stand a shot of adrenaline.

Also, ed_metal_head will be making an appearance. Because he should. He'll be Vibce Vaughns vice president and should start working on his speech, on this forum and as the prophecy foretold.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:50 pm
Post Re: Tell Us Your Weekend Plans
Today i'm going to see Bourne Legacy, tomorrow i'll probably be playing my 360.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:08 pm
Critic

Today - watching the original Whedon-er, Buffy the Vampire Slayer the movie

Tomorrow - hanging out with friends who I don't really like hanging out with but whose wedding I skipped and made me feel guilty enough to call them up and see if they wanted to get dinner. Before that, vacuuming and house-sprucing. Going to Target for curtains!

Sunday - seeing Bourne Legacy.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:53 pm
The yearly folk festival is happening in the city where I work, so I'll be on duty for that.

Actually, I completely misremembered that I was supposed to come in several hours earlier today and I didn't, and I was late enough that they had to scramble to find someone else to fill in during the meantime. So in addition to working, I'm also feeling like a huge heel.

Maybe I'll squeeze in The Bourne Legacy at some point.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:18 pm
Not seeing The bourne Legacy

Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:35 pm
It must be noted that in this thread, "The Bourne Legacy" is code for "sex ever again."

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:35 pm
Cinematographer

If that's the case, I have the sneaking suspicion I'll be seeing The Bourne Legacy by myself at least three times before Monday.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:38 pm
Pool party, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Ruby Sparks, dinner with father, work, kickback. I'll take it.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:06 pm
Second Unit Director

This morning I have Worship Team practice at 9 am, followed immediately by a road hockey tournament until 2:30 pm.

I work from 3:30 until 12.

Sunday I will probably sit on the couch all day fantasizing about the upcoming NFL season.

I'll be seeing Legacy somewhere in there.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:39 am
Yesterday I went to see Beasts of the Southern Wild, and then I went to the Diamondbacks-Nationals game (a 9-1 blowout in favor of the opposition.... :( ).

Today and tomorrow I'll be watching the PGA Championship with the old man. That will take up a lot of time, unless Tiger Woods looks to be the winner, in which case I won't be watching.

I might try to get out to see Ruby Sparks at some point, but right now the only theater that's showing it is a half hour drive away. I've got both Claire's Knee and Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter....And Spring from the library that I'll probably get to over the weekend as well.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:09 pm
My weekends are a permanent hangover caused not by alcohol but by 12 hour days in the office and too little sleep. I am doing things this weekend but I probably will not recall them. At some point I may cry myself to sleep. I also just saw some Olympics. A guy from my country threw a javelin really far. Who would have thought? There's a memorial function I should go to. I will go and I will leave now. I hope there will be good food.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:54 pm
Cinematographer

ed_metal_head wrote:
My weekends are a permanent hangover caused not by alcohol but by 12 hour days in the office and too little sleep. I am doing things this weekend but I probably will not recall them. At some point I may cry myself to sleep. I also just saw some Olympics. A guy from my country threw a javelin really far. Who would have thought? There's a memorial function I should go to. I will go and I will leave now. I hope there will be good food.

That schedule isn't enviable. Always a pleasure to see you post, all the same.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:43 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:

Hang in there brother.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:03 am
Assistant Second Unit Director

Sleep in till about 10. Then read. I truly wish i was rich then i wouldn't have to work.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:16 pm
Cinematographer

I saw this thread had new posts, saw Mark started, and assumed it was new. Vexer saying he was seeing The Bourne Legacy didn't even clue me in. What an odd read this was for about a minute or so.

Anyway, since I'm posting in this thread:

I'll be seeing The Lego Movie tonight, grocery shopping and taking my dog to get groomed tomorrow, and relaxing the rest of the weekend as my special lady friend works on her Master's thesis. I'll probably throw some movies in and a workout or two.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:29 pm
Cinematographer

Hanging out with my seven year old daughter while the wife and son are out of town. Probably will go see the Lego Movie tomorrow and walk to a local restaurant for supper in the evening. May get in an instant view or two on Netflix since I actually have a TV to myself for a change. Supposed to be an inch or two of snow over night. Around here that is an event and accommodations will need to be made to play in the snow.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:41 pm
Assistant Second Unit Director

Tomorrow- Mean Streets
Sunday- The LEGO Movie and Almost Famous

Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Cinematographer

Working for a few hours tomorrow. No movie screenings at the theater. Got a babysitter for Sunday and there will be museums and such.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:16 am
Second Unit Director

I'm watching all of the Oscar-related shorts this weekend (including the docs) and going to a birthday get-together thing. I'm going to try to get drunk, drink a beer, and give up. That's the plan.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:24 am
Director

Finish the last two of my Charlie Kaufman watch and hopefully Stephen King's 11/22/63 (which I spent almost half a month reading now; too sidetracked by films) so I can start on The Wes Anderson Collection book. If time left, I will get going on my university's senior project and some term homework.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:34 am