Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:49 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Things everyone just needs to get over and be done with 
Post Re: Things everyone just needs to get over and be done with
Vexer wrote:
Evenflow8112 wrote:
darthyoshi wrote:
I think this is the closest thing we've ever had to a flame war. And it's about dead people.

What forum have you been POSTING on for three years?!?

P.S. - Reagan was a bastard, but know who was worse? Barack Obama. The model of pretend progress. "Hey, I'm literate and relatable, and I'm part of one of the only two parties that you dumbshit stupid fat ass Americans vote for out of sheer simplicity every four years to help you forget the hole you ignorant pieces of garbage have been digging from step 1 of your useless pathetic lives."

God, I hate almost every American who walks the Earth. What a bunch of embarrassing animals.

Obama worse then Reagan? :shock: Wow, you REALLY need to have your head examined if you actually believe that crap! :evil: If it weren't for his health care reform, I probably wouldn't even have health insurance right now, and while he could've done better in some areas, he's still done a hell of alot more then Bush has done, what did he accomplish, that awful "No Child Left Behind" act that hurt far more schools then it helped? Another Vietnam situation with Iraq and Afghanistan, are you seriously saying we would've been better off with John McCain? That guy was a terrible choice no matter how you look at it, , and Romney looks an even WORSE choice, he's such a fucking hypocrite, in the beginning he was for abortion and it was health care bill which "Obamacare"(A name I truly hate BTW) was based on, and of course he turned his back on all that just to get the nomination, if he gets elected, we are so fucked it's not even funny.

Yeah, but doesn't he smell funny? Request for argument declined. Go back to raping marmosets, you filthy son of a monkey's whore!

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:12 pm
Sexual Chocolate wrote:
On Metallica:

Death Magnetic really was a return to form. Sadly, I doubt many people cared after the whole Napster/St. Anger fiasco.

Well I didn't become a fan of Metallica until long after that fiasco, so it wasn't an issue for me, but I definitely can't blame people for hating them for it, Lars was WAY out of line with his comments.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:27 pm
rblount27 wrote:
That The Simpsons is no longer a good show. This has been true for over a decade now and yet every time I'm talking about the show someone has to bring it up.

This is probably because for some reason the show is still running. I'm starting to wonder if the cast of that show have compromising photos of the executives at FOX...

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:48 pm
Ragnarok73 wrote:
rblount27 wrote:
That The Simpsons is no longer a good show. This has been true for over a decade now and yet every time I'm talking about the show someone has to bring it up.

This is probably because for some reason the show is still running. I'm starting to wonder if the cast of that show have compromising photos of the executives at FOX...

I'm sure if FOX would've let them, the Simpsons would've ended awhile ago, but as long as that show pulls in ratings, it's in FOX's best interests to keep it around(too bad they didn't cancel Bob's Burgers though, how that show even got greenlit I will never know)

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:55 pm
Ragnarok73 wrote:
rblount27 wrote:

And I'm sick of hearing about how much better 'South Park' is, because that's only obvious.

PS - Futurama, too.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:02 pm
Vexer wrote:
Personally i'm sick and tired of hearing people throw the "marriage is sacred" argument every time there's a debate over gay marriage, I really hate to break it to you, but there's nothing sacred about marriage, matter of fact marriage was originally just a way of gaining property and money, love wasn't really a big part of it, and today you see all these celebrities getting married and divorced in a matter of months/weeks, so I really don't see how marriage is sacred in the least, two people of the same sex marrying shouldn't have a damn thing to do with anything sacred, they should just be able to do it. Also that Leviticus bible verse that everyone keeps quoting isn't saying that god is against homosexuality(in fact the word homosexuality wasn't even added to the bible until the 1960s) so quit acting like it is.

Vexer! On a tear! You go, girl! ;)

Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:32 pm
Evenflow8112 wrote:
Ragnarok73 wrote:
rblount27 wrote:

And I'm sick of hearing about how much better 'South Park' is, because that's only obvious.

PS - Futurama, too.

I'm sick of hearing South Park too but for the opposite reason, I think it's an immensely overrated show that should've been cancelled a long time ago and i'm mystified as to how it's still around.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:36 pm
Cinematographer

Evenflow8112 wrote:
darthyoshi wrote:
I think this is the closest thing we've ever had to a flame war. And it's about dead people.

What forum have you been POSTING on for three years?!?

Not this one, apparently. To be honest, I usually just skim.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:32 pm
Director

Vexer wrote:
Ragnarok73 wrote:
rblount27 wrote:

I'm sure if FOX would've let them, the Simpsons would've ended awhile ago, but as long as that show pulls in ratings, it's in FOX's best interests to keep it around(too bad they didn't cancel Bob's Burgers though, how that show even got greenlit I will never know)

I've heard it rumored that when the Simpsons began as its own show (after spinning off from the Ulmman one) that Brooks and Groening originally planned to see if they could make it last for 10 seasons. If it did, they would do a movie and call it quits at the end of season 10. If this was true, it doubtlessly got ditched when Fox began waving stacks of money around.

Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out-Martin Scorsese.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1347771599

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:48 pm
Well what i'm saying is that Groening and co can't end the show even if they want to, it's up to FOX as to whether the show stars or goes, they have the final say, so if the creators did want to walk out after 10 years, they wouldn't have been able to without FOX's say so. Though that's not to say that money didn't play some role, Harry Shearer more or less admitted that the show wasn't as good as it once was and they money was the only reason he's stuck around.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:00 pm
Vexer wrote:
the word homosexuality wasn't even added to the bible until the 1960s) so quit acting like it is.

Got a source for this?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:08 pm
Critic

Shade wrote:
Vexer wrote:
the word homosexuality wasn't even added to the bible until the 1960s) so quit acting like it is.

Got a source for this?

Yeah. I mean, I don't think the word 'homosexuality' is in the bible even now

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:27 am
The new testament was written 2000 years ago. The old testament was written between 2500 and 5000 years ago. The word "homosexuality" came into our lexicon in about 1890. So no, it ain't in there...

Quote:
If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives. (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Any Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the LORD's name will surely die. (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

The bible was used to control the population. Plain and simple. Throw away the bible, write The Golden Rule on your bedroom ceiling and live your life...

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:33 am
Good call on the Marriage/Gay Marriage topic, Vex. I'm for equal human rights as well.

Probably a can of worms but the American's opposed to "Obamacare". To me it just seems like you'll be with most of the developed western world.

I can't say I fully understand it but that won't stop me from having an opinion on it (does this make me an American now?).

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:39 am
Critic

Nick wrote:
Good call on the Marriage/Gay Marriage topic, Vex. I'm for equal human rights as well.

Probably a can of worms but the American's opposed to "Obamacare". To me it just seems like you'll be with most of the developed western world.

Not to mention the fact that our current system (pre "Obamacare) is terrible and no one disagrees with this.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:12 pm
Director

Actually, the term "Obamacare" needs to go away. It's vapid and idiotic.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:40 pm
Sexual Chocolate wrote:
Actually, the term "Obamacare" needs to go away. It's vapid and idiotic.

This a thousand times.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:22 pm
Healthcare in America is a joke... Obamacare does not make it better. Not sure it makes it worse, but there's nothing that makes it better.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:39 pm
Critic

Shade wrote:
Healthcare in America is a joke... Obamacare does not make it better. Not sure it makes it worse, but there's nothing that makes it better.

Yes there is -- it can't be denied to people with pre-existing conditions. That's manifestly better

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:08 pm
JamesKunz wrote:
Shade wrote:

Yes there is -- it can't be denied to people with pre-existing conditions. That's manifestly better

Also family insurance plans can now cover people up until the age of 26, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't even have health insurance right now, so to say that there's "nothing" that can make our health care better is a profoundly stupid and ignorant thing to say.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:14 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next