Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 121  Next
I Don't Know How Many Basketball Fans We Have Here, But... 
Post Re: I Don't Know How Many Basketball Fans We Have Here, But...
DunkinDan89 wrote:
Kevin Durant shot 15 free throws last night.

The Spurs shot 18.

The Spurs committed 24 fouls, the Thunder only 18.

Yeah, Crawford probably shouldn't be reffing any Spurs game but in all honesty I didn't see anything too egregious. There's no law that says the number of fouls and free throws should be equal. And, given the significant speed advantage the Thunder have over the Spurs I would expect to see the Spurs called for many more fouls. KD is one of the most fouled players in the league (or the most fouled). Dude knows how to get to the line. Remember his "rip" move? Probably wasn't legal but he'd get cheap FTs for that all the time.

I'd actually like it if OKC won it all. Either way, they have a chance of creating a serious dynasty. As long as these guys stay healthy and don't go all Starbury (Westbrook) they're contenders for close to a decade. That's scary.

Also: Someone buy Russell Westbrook new clothes. Google it.

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:15 pm
My God, Lebron. My God.

Lebron was obviously incredible, but Boston's offensive effort was one of the worst I've seen in a while. They should be embarrassed for getting blown out at home like that in a close out game. There's no reason the game shouldn't have been competitive. Lebron just punked their entire squad. You C's fans should be embarrassed by that performance. Egregiously unacceptable.

Also, Paul Pierce isn't the same guy anymore. He's done as an elite offensive threat.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:15 am
PeachyPete wrote:
Lebron was obviously incredible, but Boston's offensive effort was one of the worst I've seen in a while. They should be embarrassed for getting blown out at home like that in a close out game. There's no reason the game shouldn't have been competitive. Lebron just punked their entire squad. You C's fans should be embarrassed by that performance. Egregiously unacceptable.

I agree that the offensive effort was horrible (although from a purely offensive production standpoint, not much worse than they've been the past 12 months or even as recently as the Philly series). But this stage was different and the effort was shockingly sucky.

Now, I do have to disagree with you, my friend, that Bron punked the whole team. He's the most unstoppable physical specimen the game has ever seen, and this Celtics team still has an overall record that shows and ability to break his will. This won't be true for long, but last night was the biggest game in Bron's career to this point. He brought it. All the credit in the world to him. I will take NOTHING away from that effort, although it does display that he doesn't maximize his potential at all times. Regardless, he had as big of a game as he ever has on a huge stage. Props all day long, and even if they lose on Saturday, he deserves credit assuming he doesn't totally suck in game 7. I do think he looked and sounded tired (and cracking jokes about his Hunger Games reading smelled a little like he thought he just won the series to me). I think Game 7 is on Wade to some degree... Bron just gave you everything, dig up one good performance at home. Can't wait, for sure. If Bron even approaches a repeat performance? Like we've all been saying, this could start to re-write his career.

PeachyPete wrote:
Also, Paul Pierce isn't the same guy anymore. He's done as an elite offensive threat.

I agree, however... can he dig up one great (as in great for him at this stage) performance? He's a proud dude, and a hurt dude, and an old dude, so I dunno. And he's certainly not been good this series, but he has gotten good looks at times. Something like shoot 9-17, 28 points, 12 in the 4th, close the game? Seems within the realm. KG and Rondo will certainly need help on Saturday.

I'm not accusing you of this, Peteward, (it's not what you're doing at all) but it is fairly funny how much the media/general public swings so hard on each game. This is a proud Celtics bunch, and if they have the same sort of effort they had last night on Saturday it does taint this run to some degree. Pierce is done indeed, as is this team as currently constructed, but they can reload next year and be a contender. Which is not a concession to losing Game 7, for the record.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:02 am
Shade wrote:
.Now, I do have to disagree with you, my friend, that Bron punked the whole team. He's the most unstoppable physical specimen the game has ever seen, and this Celtics team still has an overall record that shows and ability to break his will. This won't be true for long, but last night was the biggest game in Bron's career to this point. He brought it. All the credit in the world to him. I will take NOTHING away from that effort, although it does display that he doesn't maximize his potential at all times. Regardless, he had as big of a game as he ever has on a huge stage. Props all day long, and even if they lose on Saturday, he deserves credit assuming he doesn't totally suck in game 7. I do think he looked and sounded tired (and cracking jokes about his Hunger Games reading smelled a little like he thought he just won the series to me). I think Game 7 is on Wade to some degree... Bron just gave you everything, dig up one good performance at home. Can't wait, for sure. If Bron even approaches a repeat performance? Like we've all been saying, this could start to re-write his career.

I agree that Boston has shown an ability to bring out the worst in Lebron, and I absolutely think they can still win Game 7, but it looked like they quit last night. They fought for 3 quarters to stay in the game, and then as soon as Miami came out and hit a few shots in the 4th, it looked like they conceded and just said, "Ok, Bron, it's your night." This was obviously true, but I still thought Boston would scratch and claw their way back into it and make LBJ prove it really was his night by making him close the game out.

He just seemed to take their will to compete last night. It's something rarely seen (I don't even think Dirk did it during last year's amazing run), and to do it in that situation was a thing to behold. Boston just seemed to be throwing shit up and hoping it would go in. I'm sure part of it had to do with their offensive inefficiency last night, but Lebron had as much to do with it. He wouldn't let Boston make a run.

PeachyPete wrote:

Shade wrote:
I agree, however... can he dig up one great (as in great for him at this stage) performance? He's a proud dude, and a hurt dude, and an old dude, so I dunno. And he's certainly not been good this series, but he has gotten good looks at times. Something like shoot 9-17, 28 points, 12 in the 4th, close the game? Seems within the realm. KG and Rondo will certainly need help on Saturday.

That's definitely possible. I don't think it's likely, but he's still capable of those kinds of nights and he is a really proud guy. I'd love to see it, and I hate watching someone like him get old, so I'll be pulling for it to happen. He can still get good looks, and is still excellent and creating space for himself off the dribble, so it isn't like he's a complete bum.

Shade wrote:
I'm not accusing you of this, Peteward, (it's not what you're doing at all) but it is fairly funny how much the media/general public swings so hard on each game. This is a proud Celtics bunch, and if they have the same sort of effort they had last night on Saturday it does taint this run to some degree. Pierce is done indeed, as is this team as currently constructed, but they can reload next year and be a contender. Which is not a concession to losing Game 7, for the record.

They have to resign KG now, right? They can't just let him walk after these playoffs, can they? Ray Allen will be gone for sure. I've read a few rumors about them possibly trading Pierce, and I really hope that doesn't happen. He busted his ass for some really shitty Celtics teams over the years and he deserves to be a Celtic for his entire career. Of course, he is due to make a ton of money next season, and he certainly isn't going to be worth the contract for the kind of production he's going to give you. It's a tough call, but the fan in me would like to see him stay. I guess that's why I'm not a businessman.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:18 pm
PeachyPete wrote:
My God, Lebron. My God.

Yes, but who has been saying or arguing this? He's not elite anymore, obviously, but that didn't change last night. He had a bad game. He also, mind you, has several times filled in for an injured or suspended Rondo as a facilitator successfully each time he's been asked, both this regular season and this postseason. Doc called it when he said Pierce was a 'professional scorer'. I can't recall anyone with basketball IQ saying that Pierce could match Melo, Wade, or Bryant for night-to-night scoring (though he's arguably a better facilitator than Wade and is probably still more well-rounded and conducive to his team's success on a curve than Melo has proven to be). I think your post, accurate though it may be, is something any Celtics fan already knows. Pierce hasn't degenerated as much as Allen has (who is now at best a chip-shot guy who expands or fortifies leads with an occasional '3'), but no way he's a Superstar or take-it-for-granted All Star, either (although I heard no such complaints when he was unloading a late 3 in Miami over perhaps the best defensive player in the NBA). Dismissing Pierce as elite is fair; dismissing him as a valuable, multi-faceted player with clutch-scoring ability is still very much worthy of dispute. I think if the Celtics jet Allen and can provide either youth or quickness at SG while keeping Garnett and possibly restructuring Pierce's contract (which I'm not logistically sure can be done - I'm merely projecting) then they could be a very, very hard team to beat next season. My overall point is - Pierce is no Bryant now, but he'll never turn into a McGrady and he still has intangibles. For me, that makes him a valuable piece to any team if the money is reasonable.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:53 pm
Evenflow8112 wrote:
Yes, but who has been saying or arguing this?

I didn't know the observations I made had to be points of contention. I'll keep that in mind from now on, I guess.

Evenflow8112 wrote:
He's not elite anymore, obviously, but that didn't change last night. He had a bad game. He also, mind you, has several times filled in for an injured or suspended Rondo as a facilitator successfully each time he's been asked, both this regular season and this postseason.

He absolutely has. He's still a good, valuable player. I never said, or insinuated, otherwise.

Evenflow8112 wrote:
Dismissing Pierce as elite is fair; dismissing him as a valuable, multi-faceted player with clutch-scoring ability is still very much worthy of dispute.

Again, that's not something I did.

My point was that he's no longer an elite level scorer and no longer a trustworthy, consistent closer. As recently as a year or two ago, he was. Shit, as recently as last game he was hitting daggers in Lebron's mug. I wanted to point out that while he's still capable of moments like that, it isn't something the Celtics should be relying, or counting, on. I think that's a worthy point of discussion considering that he just hit a big shot one game ago. If you think that's something that's common knowledge already, that's fine. If so, then I'm not sure why Doc was force feeding him shots late in the third and early in the 4th while they tried to get back into the game last night. Rondo was scorching hot (both for himself and running the offense) and they were feeding a guy who's shooting 38% in the playoffs this year.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:51 pm
Well, so.

Boston lost. Sadly reminiscent of Game 7 loss to the Lakers in the Finals where they just went cold at the worst possible time. I don't at all believe that they choked -- they ran into the Lebron freight train in Game 6 and were in it for 44 minutes in Game 7. No one saw this run coming and KG's ability to turn back the clock was incredibly to watch. Rondo has clearly vaulted himself into the very top tier of PGs and if his jumper continues to grow reliable he'll vault into the top tier of players. They have two first-round picks, will let Ray go and likely resign KG. Pierce is the sketchiest to be very good next year, but he might be able to salvage another productive year. Been a helluva run with the Original Big 3, and even with their run ending in the ECF I believe KG pushed himself up a few spots on the all-time list. Every time he's been healthy and on a good team he's been at least in the conference finals. Game 7 against the Lakers will always be hard to live down, but I'm proud of this squad.

Bring on the Finals. I have no idea what's going to happen.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:58 am
I was sad to see Boston lose. Clearly I jinxed them by proclaiming the series over, so feel free to punch me in the face whenever you see fit (only Shade and Phil). It was a great run by their big 3, and it's kind of sad to see it breakup. I still think they can contend with a few good moves this offseason, but it'll be difficult.

All credit to the Heat, though. They went on a killer run to end that game, and Lebron was fantastic all series. They totally earned this trip to the Finals. I'm not willing to completely believe in Lebron, because he did similar things in last year's playoffs only to disappoint in the Finals. The team he's playing this year is probably better than last year's Mavs, and I'm really excited to see Lebron and Durant go at it on the biggest stage. Both teams are playing really well right now, and seem locked in. It should be a great one. I just hope we get everyone playing their best.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:56 pm
Alright, gentlemen. Game 1 of the NBA Finals is tonight! Who ya got?

I'll say OKC in 6. I think Ibaka can guard Bosh really well and at the end of games with both big 3s on the court, Miami won't be able to match up with Westbrook and Harden on the perimeter.

That said, I can totally see Lebron completely taking over a few games, announcing himself as The Man for this generation (which would be about 3 years late, but I digress), and swinging the series in awe-inspiring fashion.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:17 pm
I'm going Heat in 6, but I fully expect LeBron to have huge problems this series. However, it can be argued that those same problems will motivate him to a higher level. Now, I WANT the Heat to lose, but can OKC answer the Heat if LeBron plays at a great clip all series? And with Bosh back to take pressure off the Big 2? The Heat couldn't look better; of they lose this series, LeBron's goose is cooked. Thing is, I think he's finally decided to be the guy who's cooking it. I'm expecting a far different Finals for LeBron - and that's going to mean that the Heat are going to be champions.

Realistically, though, the truth is that the series is truly 50-50; it's just a matter of where the chips will fall. I cannot wait.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:45 pm
Re: Celtics. I'll be honest, guys. I hated this Celtics team when they formed and hated them even more when they won the title. My stance has softened in subsequent years but I did totally fall in love with them during this playoff run. They're a tight group and really gave it their all (and more, if that's possible) every night. Anyone think they have another title in them with a revamped lineup (i.e. minus Allen)?

I'm also going Heat in 6 for the Finals. I said the same thing last year because I was worried I'd jinx the Mavs so I'll try that strategy again. Should be a great series though.

What do you all think about Ibaka as a player? I remember some of the ESPN/ABC guys saying that he should have won Defensive Player of the Year. I like the player a lot, but find that ridiculous. His positioning has improved, but he still gets caught out much too often.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:04 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
What do you all think about Ibaka as a player? I remember some of the ESPN/ABC guys saying that he should have won Defensive Player of the Year. I like the player a lot, but find that ridiculous. His positioning has improved, but he still gets caught out much too often.

I think he's a legitimately great shot blocker, and a a good (not great, or even very good) defender. Other than that, he's a mediocre player.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:24 pm
So, Game 1:

Durant's 36 (with 17 in the 4th) was wonderfully impressive and efficient. He carried the team with 11 first quarter points as his teammates struggled to find their footing. Then, he shifted gears, let his team catch up, and let Westbrook dominate the third. One point game going in to the fourth? No problem, 17 from Durant to win it going away. It was just an absolute masterpiece of basketball IQ and skill. He knew when to take over and when to play within the team. That's an incredibly rare trait.

Lebron was good, and at times very good. 30 and 9 and nothing to turn your nose up at, but I didn't like how he drifted through the fourth as Durant was erupting. A man with his legacy on the line shouldn't passively stand by and let that happen. At least go down swinging.

If Westbrook continues to own Wade like he did last night, this is going to be a really short series. We all know by now that Wade isn't the same guy, but he has to at least be efficient for Miami to have a chance.

It's scary that the Thunder, aside from the early barrage by the Heat, won so easily with Harden scoring 5 points and only playing 22 minutes. That should terrify Heat fans.

I think Miami should come out in Game 2 with Bosh starting and Lebron on Durant. It makes no sense to have Lebron guarding Perkins or Collison. Sure, it's impressive that he can guard all 5 positions, but that doesn't help much if he's guarding guys who aren't offensive threats. I understand wanting to rest him since he has so much to do offensively, but when you create a team with 3 superstars, that's what you sign up for. Don't complain about not having enough help, or having to do too much, when you choose to go to a 3 man team. It's insanity.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:11 pm
Regarding the Finals... I didn't watch the game because of work, but from what I've read and heard (from Petey and others) OKC was impressive. The box score itself was impressive... more than one place I read said Battier kept the Heat from getting blow out and that the score wasn't even as close as it looked... you fellas agree?

Even so, nothing means anything until and unless OKC holds home-court serve. Which I fully expect them to do, but still. I mentioned this to Petey: Bron needed to get fairly shellacked by Boston for several years before revving up enough hate toward them to bring out his best. Maybe he needs to lose to OKC in the Finals once before he can bring the same level of play.

ed_metal_head wrote:
Re: Celtics. I'll be honest, guys. I hated this Celtics team when they formed and hated them even more when they won the title. My stance has softened in subsequent years but I did totally fall in love with them during this playoff run. They're a tight group and really gave it their all (and more, if that's possible) every night. Anyone think they have another title in them with a revamped lineup (i.e. minus Allen)?

I fully understand all of what you say. I've been a KG supporter for 17 years and it hasn't always been easy... I mean, you could never question whether the guy cared about winning. Yes, he was and still is too unselfish at times... that's a much easier trait to root for than the opposite, in my mind.

They have some decent draft picks this year. Allen is gone and Bradley takes his spot. Assuming they re-sign KG (Pierce isn't going anywhere), they would at least stand a chance of making a run next year. We shall see.

Howeva, for the sake of argument... could KG leave? If so, his options would be many... including Miami. Which I can't even think about.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:50 pm
Just like the Spurs needed to sweep the first two at home to keep even last series, I think OKC needs to win these first two to have a shot at beating the Heat series-wise. If there's a split, and Miami gets 3 our of the four next games in Miami, things look pretty bad for the Thunder. It's no AS extreme (the Thunder are simply a better team than SA was and can overcome hurdles of probability), but OKC holds a relatively shakier home-court if they don't lock it down EVERY night. The Heat might not be an amazing road team on average, but I'd say they are THE best home team, and can win anywhere with their playing style. That makes them a dangerous lower seed in a series and a virtual lock to close it out if they go up 3-1 or even 3-2 in the series. I don't see the Thunder winning a game 6 in Miami. I just don't.

That being said, I know he gets the rub when credit is parceled out, but I thought Westbrook quietly had a great game in Game 1. He was conducive to team success all around and let Durant take over when it was time to bring the fourth quarter surge that OKC does the best of any team (it's where the essentially become The Lightning). People have hated on Westbrook all year, but I'm happy he's made some peace with his role and is executing at a smart(er) level.

As for Ibaka... I agree that he's mediocre overall, but I honestly think he's going to be elite in one or two seasons as a defender. And that game against SA where he shot 11-of-11 was a heroic performance; the Thunder needed every point of it. Very impressed with the Thunder as a unit. Behind the Celtics, I think they're the NBA's best realization of a team (mind you, the Thunder are better, but I think the C's are legitimately one of the top two or three examples of a team ideology and group in all of sports): everyone has a role, and all of the team seems to have a trait that they do at an elite level league-wide. It's quite something to see how the team has gelled over the years. Yes, Brooks will NEVER be Doc Rivers, but then again... who is? Even Popovich didn't bring his team as far as Doc's rusty, injured squad. And if I'm boosting the C's over this last paragraph, it's because, although they didn't win their series, I have gained such a respect and admiration for all of them that it transcends sports. There is a legitimate heart, soul, and body to this team. Good luck saying that when Bron's dragging Mike Miller's corpse to the awards podium.

P.S. - I want everyone to know, that I want the Heat to lose. More than last year. I want to see Durant turn into THE guy, I want to see the reaction people have the LeBron losing. Hell, I want to see LeBron's reaction. I want to see this Heat nonsense carry on and on, watch as they tear out players and plug in new ones with minimal team logic or intuition. I think LeBron coping with a third straight year of proving himself for the Heat will either lead to a.) the greatest basketball season of all time, or b.) the craziest implosion of all time. Maybe they'll both be together and he'll save the imploding for the 2013 Finals. Maybe he'll start barking at reporters and go Stephbury insane and tattoo 'Alone #6' to his forehead and punch a hooker out for making a Delonte West crack. Maybe he'll make the last dunk of the 2013 Finals so hard that the court will actually start shaking and both baskets will collapse simultaneously at both ends - not out of force, but just out of sheer respect and awe. Paul Pierce will come out and hug LeBron, saying "I knew you could do it, son!" and buy him cookies n' cream at Baskin' Robbins while Kobe sends him a text saying 'Mint's better. Bitch" and sets up the 2014 Lakers-Heat Finals, where Kobe scores 44 points per game but has NO other stats in rebounding or assists, and the Heat sweep the series on a game 4 LeBron fade-away corner 3 with 0.3 seconds left that erases a Kobe free throw and Paul Gasol technical foul for someone calling him 'Puss In Boots' during his eighteenth missed jumper of the second half.

But, alas, I think the Heat win this year and ruin all of that. Damnit.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:36 pm
May I just say, I'm tickled that Westbrook is getting blasted for having a 27-7-8 game (albeit on relatively poor shooting) while Durant scores merely five more and chips in only one seaside and two boards.

In other news, unless OKC pulls a rabbit out of their collective butts, this series is squarely in the Heat's favor. The next four games are going to be murder for them.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:32 am
Evenflow8112 wrote:
May I just say, I'm tickled that Westbrook is getting blasted for having a 27-7-8 game (albeit on relatively poor shooting) while Durant scores merely five more and chips in only one seaside and two boards.

The main reason is because, as the PG, it's Westbrook's job to run the team and get guys involved. Despite having 7 assists, he didn't do that last night. I mean, Durant's been scorching hot all series. Harden was feeling it last night too. Yet, Westbrook still took 26 shots. That's just way too many.

Of course, the larger issue is that Westbrook isn't a PG. He's a SG playing PG and still very much learning the position. I doubt he'll ever be a great PG in the traditional sense, and the jury is still out on whether or not you can win a title with him. Still, he's one of the best players in the league, and is absolutely essential to OKC's success. It really is a double-edged sword with him. You're going to get nights like last night where you probably lose the game because he's incapable of running the offense to get other guys good shots consistently, but you probably win a game like Game 1 because he's totally capable of taking games over for stretches, like he did in the third quarter to get OKC back in it.

His numbers in Games 1 and 2 are pretty similar, but a lot of it has to do with the feel and flow of the game, especially at the PG position. In Game 1 Harden wasn't doing anything and the Thunder needed someone other than Durant to provide scoring. It made sense within the flow of the game for him to look for his shot. Last night, Durant and Harden both had it going and he looked for his shot too much (there's no reason Durant couldn't have had 45 last night with the way he was shooting). It just didn't make a lot of sense for him to take 26 shots. That said, he made a handful of great plays and the criticism, while deserved to an extent, gets overblown.

What's funny to me is how much credit Lebron is receiving for being a closer. Ummm, he was worse in the 4th last night than he was in Game 1! He had 6 points on 1-4 shooting. He stood by passively as his team blew a big lead. But, you know, he hit one fadeway off the glass and now he's a closer. I mean, get real. The media overreacts to EVERYTHING this guy does. He was great for three quarters last night, but he disappeared again late in the game. He hit that shot, and he deserves credit for that because it was a legitimately huge bucket, but let's have a little perspective. It didn't ice the game. When he had a chance to do that a bit later, he dribbled out the shot clock and shot a long, contested 3 that he bricked. Despite that shot, he wasn't very good at all in the fourth. He hit one shot in the fourth quarter. One! But, you know, Miami won, so all of that is forgotten.

Durant was fouled (no less than 3 times) on his last shot with a chance to tie, and it's a shame to see the refs blow such a big call. Still, when you get down 18-2 to start the game, it's tough to comeback, and it's even tougher to blame the refs.

As for the series, Miami definitely has the advantage now since they get 3 straight games at home. I don't think they'll win all 3. These teams are way too evenly matched for this to be a 5 game series. I think they split the next 2 games and we get a mammoth Game 5 in Miami. That's where they get the advantage, which I think comes more from not having to play in OKC more than it does from playing in Miami. The Heat are an awesome team, and I do think teams are intimidated to play them (not OKC though), but I don't think anyone is scared of playing in Miami or the effect their fans will have on the game. OKC's crowd can change games. The Heat get to avoid that in a potentially huge game. That's the advantage.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:56 am
Quote:
Durant was fouled (no less than 3 times) on his last shot with a chance to tie, and it's a shame to see the refs blow such a big call. Still, when you get down 18-2 to start the game, it's tough to comeback, and it's even tougher to blame the refs

True, but Durant even more clearly should have fouled out a few minutes earlier with an obvious charge on Battier. Things like that even out.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:43 am
spencerworth34 wrote:
Quote:
Durant was fouled (no less than 3 times) on his last shot with a chance to tie, and it's a shame to see the refs blow such a big call. Still, when you get down 18-2 to start the game, it's tough to comeback, and it's even tougher to blame the refs

True, but Durant even more clearly should have fouled out a few minutes earlier with an obvious charge on Battier. Things like that even out.

Ehhh, that was one of those 50/50 calls that could have gone either way. I don't have a problem with the superstar getting the benefit of the doubt there at home. It wasn't a blatant charge or anything, Battier was really close to sliding under Durant as he was jumping, which makes it a block. In real time, that's a call that can go either way.

That said, OKC can't blame the refs at all. They came out flat, again. It's baffling that this seems to happen to them every game now. It's tough to spend the entire game playing catch up.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:49 am
As much as I don't really like Spo, he does deserve some credit for making the adjustments Miami needed to make last night. Bosh started and played really well in big minutes. Lebron came out and guarded Durant. Wade and Lebron were both attacking the basket all night. He also extended his bench a bit to get Lebron a (very) few minutes of rest in each half.

None of those adjustments were particularly Earth-shattering developments, but he did make the necessary on-court changes and got his team in an attacking mindset. We'll see if Brooks can do anything with OKC, such as telling Westbrook, "When KD and Harden are scorching hot, don't take 26 fucking shots!"

Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:13 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 121  Next