Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:40 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
My Life 
Post Re: My Life
Arron wrote:
My fiancee and I had our baby boy nearly 6 weeks ago. He was born on 9th March and weight 8lbs 9oz. He's called River. He's awesome.

That's fucking beast, dude.

(Ken trivia: I was born on March 9th and weighed 8.5 pounds. But I was not named River.)

---

I'm currently in NYC. I arrived just a day too late to catch screenings of the first two Godfather movies (fiddlesticks), and I'll be departing a couple weeks too early to catch a screening of The Age of Innocence, hosted by Martin Scorsese in person (quadruple fiddlesticks!), but I will be seeing The Grand Illusion at the Film Forum tomorrow.

If any of our Reelviews peeps are close enough to NYC, I suggest going to The Age of Innocence and giving Scorsese a well-deserved handski.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:16 pm
One of my biggest disappointments from my trip to NYC a few years ago was not dropping by the Film Forum. You best enjoy the shit out of that film!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:40 am
Since it took some not so subtle hinting from Pete-bear to get me a-posting I thought I'd briefly explain. Work has my busy, dudes. I keep thinking that things will get lighter soon, but the opposite is happening. That said, I seriously miss posting and checking in here. If it helps, I'm also seeing as little of most of my life friends as I am my e-friends (that would be you guys). I do check the facebook thingy quite regularly but that's because I can be in and out in 5-10 minutes. Over here, I like to write. And, more than that, I like to read. That takes time. More of that I soon hope to have. Probably won't.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:06 pm
Pedro wrote:
One of my biggest disappointments from my trip to NYC a few years ago was not dropping by the Film Forum. You best enjoy the shit out of that film!

It was pretty awesome, though I admit I went in curious as to whether or not it would unseat The Rules of the Game, and it didn't quite make it. That's a hell of an expectation for a movie to have hanging over its neck.

When checking out the artwork hanging in the lobby, I was pleased to see an Art Spiegelman piece. Nothing to do with the movie, but it was an interesting find.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:36 pm
My favorite movie-related thing from the vacation: the IFC Center sells t-shirts with names of directors styled like rock/heavy metal logos.

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Sorry about the big black box. The one picture was kind of hard to read, so I left it really big.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:30 pm
^ Holy shit, that's awesome.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:50 pm
I actually bought the Ingmar Bergman shirt last time I was in NY. Did you get any of those, Ken?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:45 pm
No, I didn't grab any. I find them funny in theory, but I never did like wearing gimmick shirts. I've also avoided shirts with pretty much anything displayed on them in recent years, unless whatever it is is really understated.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:03 pm
The Herzog one is all kinds of awesome. I'd totally wear that.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:56 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
The Herzog one is all kinds of awesome. I'd totally wear that.

Hell yeah. That one and Buñuel's.

I want to hear about what you ate Ken, but I'm a food guy.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:21 am
Grand prize winners, foodwise, are Joe's Pizza (on Carmine St.) and Murray's Bagel's (6th Ave). There was a pretty decent sweet shop in the same general area, but I forget the name. It was closer to Houston St., but that's all I remember.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:42 am
Say 'hello' to my little friend.

Newest son, William, just born on Monday. The house just got 33% louder.

Attachments:
William64k.jpg
William64k.jpg [ 43.4 KiB | Viewed 1427 times ]
Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:36 pm
Cinematographer

Congratulations "Johnny" and welcome William! A son!

Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:38 pm
Nice job! I rate this baby ****. My favorite premiere since Moonrise Kingdom.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:35 pm
Excellent work by you and your swimmers, Johnny! And your wife too, I suppose.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:02 am
PeachyPete wrote:

Heck yeah...that "bundle o' joy" came in at 10 pounds 10 ounces and he was delivered with no drugs for the missus. Now, he IS our 4th so those rails have been fairly well greased, but still.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:47 pm
Critic

johnny larue wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:

Heck yeah...that "bundle o' joy" came in at 10 pounds 10 ounces and he was delivered with no drugs for the missus. Now, he IS our 4th so those rails have been fairly well greased, but still.

Jesus Christ what a fatty you created

Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:29 pm
johnny larue wrote:

Damn. Maybe his name should be Bruce, as in Bruce Banner.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:58 pm
Second Unit Director

JamesKunz wrote:
johnny larue wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:

Jesus Christ what a fatty you created

Well, in his defense his parents aren't exactly petite. Ol' "Johnny" here is 6 feet 9 inches and 220 pounds of movie lovin' fun.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:01 pm
Critic

Damn John. How do you sit in coach on an airplane?

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:46 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next