Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:18 pm

Rush 
Post Rush
So spent an awesome afternoon/early evening on the set of 'Rush', part of which is being filmed on the heathland near where I live.

For those who don't know, the movie is about F1 drivers Niki Lauda and James Hunt, is directed by Ron Howard, and stars Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Buhl.

I managed to partake as a member of the Grandstand crowd at Nurburgring, waving a Brazilian flag. Also met Mr Hemsworth himself, which was pretty neat!

Will be going there again over the coming couple of weeks so will be blabbering endlessly about the awesomeness :)

Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:23 pm
Post Re: Rush
I thought this thread was going to be about the band :oops:

Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:40 pm
Timmy Shoes wrote:

Do you know how close I was to posting this? I can't show you, but I was very close.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:51 pm
Ken wrote:
Timmy Shoes wrote:

Do you know how close I was to posting this? I can't show you, but I was very close.

I thought it was about the band too....

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:18 pm
MOST. DISAPPOINTING. THREAD. EVER.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:35 pm
Because the band is one of the top google results when you went searching what I was talking about? :P

I wasn't sure where else to put this topic. I guess I'm just a pasty and ale eating countryside hick and we don't often see those there Hollywood types coming to our humble little middle of nowhere collection of hamlets to film their little cinemagraph :)

I would ask when was the last time they filmed a movie in your back yards but I guess being Americans means that your back yards a probably featured weekly in either police car chase shows or news reports about gun related neighbour feuds ;)

Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:46 pm