Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:17 pm

So.. (Greatest Poster of All Time) 
Post So.. (Greatest Poster of All Time)
Who is the greatest Reel Views poster of all time? In terms of impact, writing skill, thread creation, etc etc

I expect debate, people!

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:28 am
Post Re: So.. (Greatest Poster of All Time)
This is an interesting question because in my mind it brings up different eras of posting. In the early era when no one knew each other, I don't know how anyone can suggest anyone but Rob. Once he went berserk that one time, I'd say he left the throne to Mark, Ed, or Kunz. I don't know if we have a greatest poster right now.

But all time? Rob or Mark.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:47 am
Pedro wrote:
This is an interesting question because in my mind it brings up different eras of posting. In the early era when no one knew each other, I don't know how anyone can suggest anyone but Rob. Once he went berserk that one time, I'd say he left the throne to Mark, Ed, or Kunz. I don't know if we have a greatest poster right now.

But all time? Rob or Mark.

I'd agree with Rob since he is still seismic to the forum in his absence.

Note: I don't mean this in terms of ranking people. I just think it's interesting to note that our forum has a history, and while some people have stuck (as you said, Mark, Ed, Kunz), there's also been a good number of departed (Munroe, aameen, Patrick Swayze) who were tantalizing for brief periods of time, but just left us. Maybe God has an answer. I'm pretty sure vodka doesn't (but not sure enough...).

And I'm surprised at your modesty for not having included yourself, Mr. Pedro. And of course, MgamesCook, who makes everything taste better if you use him in moderation.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:08 pm
I don't want to rank people either, but I think Ed, Mark & Pedro have been the most consistent in terms of personality and their posts seems to always come from a genuine place rather than a confrontational or faux-pompous one. Their comments consistently add something good in a way I'm not sure anyone else achieved.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:24 pm
JB, obviously. All hail fearless leader!

Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:21 pm

I prefer the true anthem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfPrQqbikb4

Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:33 pm
I smell a nomination / voting / awards cycle coming on. If that were the case then I would nominate:

Ed
Mark
Phil
Ken
Rob

with my eventual vote going to Mark. I think we'd need some more categories like "Best Newcomer" award, best B.S.'er award, most film literate, best-able-to-fake-film-literacy, best avatar, etc.

Last edited by johnny larue on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:58 pm
Upon further consideration, I think it's Ed or Kunzie.

Pedro keeps things going and The Pedros are a huge part of who we are. His dedication is huge and valued. I'm not knocking him and I think he's as important as anybody we've ever had.

But the GPOAT? Both Ed and Kunz start topics, contribute to them, post consistently, remember and refer to the taste/thoughts of others, know how to hold a civil argument, and are well-versed and articulate in their dissection of films. Those things, for me, make a great poster, and those guys (again, for me) do that the best. Ken is also up there for all these reasons.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:05 pm
No mention of me.....you're all banned.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:31 pm
Patrick wrote:
No mention of me.....you're all banned.

I didn't get mentioned either, I'm going to be mad at everyone forever.

J/K. I know I'm way too jaded to be considered a "great" poster here. My list for this category would be as follows:

ed
Pedro
James (that's right, I'm throwing some love your way, Kunzie)

Let me know who gets the huge penile-shaped award. ;)

Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:40 pm
Rob, Ed, Mark, Pedro

Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:41 pm
Ken, Sexual Chocolate, Pedro, Blonde Almond.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:45 pm
Guys, it's "greatest poster", not "most voluminous poster" ;)

A most sincere thank you for all the mentions though. I try to post as "myself", if that makes sense, so it really does mean a lot to hear that I come across as genuine.

That said, I'm not quite comfortable with singling anyone out as a Greatest poster or anything of that ilk. I know that's a bit of a pussy move, but a forum is, by definition, a collective exchange of ideas. I genuinely value every opinion here no matter whether the poster has 1 post or 5000. Obviously, there are a bunch of people who contribute more than others. I think they (and we) know who they are.

In short: bouncing ideas off you guys is fun, so I vote for all of you!

Ragnarok73 wrote:
Let me know who gets the huge penile-shaped award. ;)

Well, Ken designed it in Pedro's likeness, no? If anyone deserves that award it's PEDRO.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:56 pm
Critic

In my opinion, the greatest poster of all time must be this. Salvador Dali influence cannot be denied.

Attachments:
poster_descent-aith-bigg.jpg
poster_descent-aith-bigg.jpg [ 72.35 KiB | Viewed 1672 times ]

Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:17 pm
Critic

Oh, and in all seriousness thanks to the people who mentioned me. I would have voted Mark, but he left us, so Ed's easily my number one. His consideration is response to others is unmatched, and of course he knows movies backwards and forwards too.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:18 pm
Evenflow8112 wrote:

Because there is no button here:

Ken likes this.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:26 am
ed_metal_head wrote:

Well, Ken designed it in Pedro's likeness, no? If anyone deserves that award it's PEDRO.

Vote for Pedro?

Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:22 am
My "Miss Congenialty"/Everyman/Posters-I-Personally-Relate-To-The-Most/Hey-We're-Trying-Here nominations go to:

MunichMan
Ram
CasualDad
Theeperf

There's not much obnoxiousness in their posts anyway (IMHO). (Not to say that the rest of you all ARE obnoxious, but...well...some of you are....and you know who you are.)

Attachments:
AngryMonkey.jpg
AngryMonkey.jpg [ 20.87 KiB | Viewed 1588 times ]
Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:57 am
How about some actual, legitimate (read: LEGITIMATE. ALWAYS LEGITIMATE AHHHHH) categories? I'll put my picks in their parenthesis to the right of each question -

Best out-and-out writer: (James Kunz and Marko Aphradik's lovechild, MgamesCook)

Best sports guy: (spencerwort - oh, I can't do it. Sarcasm requires a threshold limit. I think I just found mine)

Best funny guy: (Marko. Wait, is that asshole trying to be funny? Fuggedaboutit)

Most handsome gentleman named Phil: (Ragnarok has this shit on lock-down)

Most ugly son of a bitch to post on the internet: (Phil, you Frankenstein's monster you)

Best forum poster who thinks he's a musician, but comes the closest to the delusion: (I hear Ed has an amazing way with the triangle)

The best counter-argumentative guy not named MgamesCook: (MgamesCook, obviously)

Most likely to make a depressing thread about his life's problems and personal doldrums (limit nominees to 3,576)

Biggest fan of the film Cache: (You cliche assholes)

And lastly,

And leastly,

The award for top-to-bottom sexiest poster goes to aameen, since invisible is a great color for him. I actually edited him out of existence. Oh, how absolutely my power corrupted me. Wait until Marko finds out what REALLY happened to his old account. And yes, I've made that joke before. And no, it's still not alright to sing 'Afternoon Delight' in front of middle-schoolers. Let them find out themselves. That's what we call 'parenting'.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:05 pm
Evenflow8112 wrote:
And no, it's still not alright to sing 'Afternoon Delight' in front of middle-schoolers. Let them find out themselves. That's what we call 'parenting'

I was about 8 when that song first came out. What was not to love...it mentioned sky rockets and shit...it must have been some sci-fi ode, no? It was of course many years later when the truth became known. <shudders>

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:34 pm