Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:59 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Third Annual ReelViews Academy Award Nominations 
Post Re: The Third Annual ReelViews Academy Award Nominations
Bones wrote:
Also, um... how exactly do we do the vote for the winners and when is the deadline? Do we rank the nominees, indicating what we haven't seen, or do we just pick a winner for each category? Sorry if this was explained and I missed it.

Ditto. If I hear something tonight I'll do some advertising in the Oscar discussion thread. It's always the most popular thread of the whole year!

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:00 pm
So in case anyone missed it, and I'm sure folks did because that Oscars thread is so damn long and full of MGamesCook self-loathing, the voting cut-off for the winners is on Sunday at midnight. PM me your votes of who you think should win each category. You don't have to vote for every category if you don't want to.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:05 pm
Pedro wrote:
So in case anyone missed it, and I'm sure folks did because that Oscars thread is so damn long and full of MGamesCook self-loathing, the voting cut-off for the winners is on Sunday at midnight. PM me your votes of who you think should win each category. You don't have to vote for every category if you don't want to.

Sorry if this is just a Reading Comprehension Fail, but this means you only want the #1 vote for each category, not a ranking of the nominees?

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:31 pm
Bones wrote:
Pedro wrote:

Sorry if this is just a Reading Comprehension Fail, but this means you only want the #1 vote for each category, not a ranking of the nominees?

Correct.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:02 pm
Bump...

Thanks for the pm Ed.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:51 pm
ram1312 wrote:
Thanks for the pm Ed.

Yep, thanks for reminding me too. My picks have been sent!

Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:11 pm
ram1312 wrote:
Bump...

Thanks for the pm Ed.

Way to go, Ed, I received thirteen new PMs when I got home from work. That doesn't include the people who sent me votes earlier in the week. Awesome!

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:50 pm
I have designed the statue.

A little mood music...

To filmmakers everywhere, should you be fortunate enough to be nominated in our esteemed contest, you may find yourself taking home one of these beautiful statuettes.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Behold!
Attachment:
statue.jpg
statue.jpg [ 16.08 KiB | Viewed 1688 times ]

Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:16 am
I'd also like to thank Ed for the pm. The deadline had totally skipped my mind and I definitely would have missed it. Thanks!

Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:56 pm
Mighty big leaf there, Pedro...Ken.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:36 pm
It's as big as I could make it and still have it be recognizable as a leaf, or I would have made it bigger.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:40 pm
Producer

Been a few days since I been on these forums, consequently, I missed the deadline. Oh, well. Still looking forward to seeing who wins.

Tree of Life probably wins cinematography, but I'm really rooting for War Horse. They are very close though.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:48 pm
*working*

I'm doing it a little backwards, in that I'm preparing the visual presentation first because that takes the longest. If there are any remaining votes that haven't been sent to me yet, feel free to send them ASAP. (That means you, ilovemovies!)

Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:17 pm
Most welcome, folks, but really I want to thank you guys for voting. I know it seems silly, but it really means a lot to me when people contribute. So, thanks a bunch for taking part.

ram1312 wrote:
Mighty big leaf there, Pedro...Ken.

I can only suppose that the Ken doll wanted to be as true to life as possible.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:25 pm
Producer

Pedro wrote:
*working*

I'm doing it a little backwards, in that I'm preparing the visual presentation first because that takes the longest. If there are any remaining votes that haven't been sent to me yet, feel free to send them ASAP. (That means you, ilovemovies!)

Cool. Just sent my votes. 8-)

Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:37 pm
ilovemovies wrote:
Pedro wrote:
*working*

Cool. Just sent my votes. 8-)

Good on you, sir.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:45 pm
Finished tallying. Still need to crop the images I have, but the results should be in later today or tomorrow.

DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEE

Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:50 pm
Awesome. The filmmakers of Hollywood are just waiting to be showered in golden Pedros.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:19 pm
Pedro wrote:
Finished tallying. Still need to crop the images I have, but the results should be in later today or tomorrow.

DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEE

Oh, you tease.

Can't wait... /refresh //refresh ///refresh

Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:20 pm
Pedro wrote:

DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEE

Definitely tomorrow. ><

Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:49 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next