Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:29 pm

Showgirls 2: Penny's From Heaven 
Director

Post Showgirls 2: Penny's From Heaven
just read got an email about a screening for this. thought major would like to know about its existence. who knows if it will ever get distribution though.

Quote:
March 3rd, 10 pm

Going from the diamond-encrusted mountaintops of a Hollywood summer blockbuster to the deepest cubic zirconium mineshafts of convention-floor fan fodder, writer/director/producer/editor/star Reni Riffel’s Showgirls 2: Penny’s From Heaven contains one of the most precipitous budgetary climate shifts in franchise history. If that wasn’t enough to make your veins collapse like you’ve got the bends, it’s one of the most exhaustively weird film experiences of last year. Kicking off nowhere near where the original story left off, it’s a movie that starts over a decade later, stars a tertiary yet fan-adored character that only hardcore Showgirls-heads would be familiar with (kind of like making Admiral Ackbar: The Movie), and tonally drifts so far that even its homage-like qualities begin focusing on a completely different movie: Mulholland Drive (in which Riffel also had a co-starring part.) Did we mention this Z-budget opus is two and half hours? Seriously, it is. No, really. That might seem excessive, but remember, it’s only ten minutes longer than Showgirls, and three minutes shorter than Mulholland Drive! We just wanna make sure you’ve been briefed. Director/star Rena Riffel will be at the Cinefamily in person for a Q&A after the film!
Dir. Rena Riffel, 2011, HD presentation, 135 min.

here's a trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLaf5yflcVE

Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:19 pm
Post Re: Showgirls 2: Penny's From Heaven
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Well, I'm sold.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:18 pm
Producer

Direct to DVD and on TV 12 months after that.

File with Steven Seagal's latest yarn.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:04 am
NotHughGrant wrote:
Direct to DVD and on TV 12 months after that.

File with Steven Seagal's latest yarn.

I'm a big Seagal fan, but i'm not so sure about this film, in general it's not a very good idea for DTV films to be 2 hours or longer, it just dosen't work.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:45 pm
Assistant Director

http://www.showgirls2movie.com/

I want to have seen it without having to watch it.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:46 am
The most experienced student in any of my film direction/production classes was a guy who did some work on Showgirls. (I'm not sure what he did exactly). Needless to say, he was the celebrity in our ranks. He had a cowboy hat and spoke with great confidence. Nice fellow. I didn't have the presence of mind to ask if he'd personally seen any famous jubblies, but I'm pretty interested now that I think about it.

My favorite acting teacher was in a few things, mainly a bit part in Big. I think she also had a background part that was cut from a Woody Allen movie. She was tough, but sweet.

I had an editing teacher whose claim to fame was working on local Sunday worship broadcasts. She was fucking insufferable.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:54 am
Director

it got distribution! and is 146 minutes. wow.

http://www.amazon.com/SHOWGIRLS-2-Penny ... howgirls+2

Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:26 pm