Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:13 pm

Celebrity Fight Club 
Post Celebrity Fight Club
It's kind've like celebrity deathmatch, but instead of claymation we use the forum as a debate. Should be a fun little mindless topic, I think.

It should work something like this. Who would win in a fight, x or y? Then you can give your answer and reasons why. The following posters respond and then come up with their own fight.

There are no rules to the fight, it's winner takes all, and it IS a fight to the death.

Who would win in a fight; Edward Norton or Cillian Murphy?

My money is on Norton. He just seems crazier.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:23 am
Post Re: Celebrity Fight Club
Norton is deceptively capable of putting on a lot of weight in a short time, and he's also deceptively tall, and deceptively a jerk. Cilian Murphy is a little British dude who's probably way too polite for his own good.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:20 pm
Ken wrote:
. Cilian Murphy is a little British dude who's probably way too polite for his own good.

Probably. But he's also got enough bone in his head to build a smaller, politer British dude six times over. Take a look:

Attachment:
cillian_murphy_bg_03.jpg
cillian_murphy_bg_03.jpg [ 26.66 KiB | Viewed 922 times ]

Good golly, that man is 95% skull. Norton will pound away but to no avail, he'll tucker himself out and eventually the little British dude will simply tap the tall, arrogant bastard and Yale University's finest will crumble.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:47 pm
That just means that Cilian is top-heavy.

Gravity wants him to fall.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:36 pm
Producer

Don't wanna ruin this tea-party love-in, but Murphy is Irish.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:54 am
Hmmm, Cillian Murphy is indeed Irish, and because of that fact I'll go ahead and change my answer to him. Probably had to have a few more tuffles in Cork than Norton did in Columbia, Maryland.

Ok, how about Madonna vs. Lady GaGa?

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:24 am
Fuck that shit. Being from a country where people are notoriously willing to fight about anything just means that Cillian's skull is pre-softened for Norton's hard, Revolution-winning American knuckles.

Has anybody heard these people attempt to operate the English language? Not just the Irish, but anybody from British working-class pub culture? That's the sound of generations upon generations of crippling brain damage.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:45 pm
Producer

Ken wrote:
Fuck that shit. Being from a country where people are notoriously willing to fight about anything just means that Cillian's skull is pre-softened for Norton's hard, Revolution-winning American knuckles.

Has anybody heard these people attempt to operate the English language? Not just the Irish, but anybody from British working-class pub culture? That's the sound of generations upon generations of crippling brain damage.

An American walking into a British working class pub will often end up like this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8OSJNDvUCA

Long may it continue ;)

Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:24 am
Funny. That's how Britain looks going into a world war until the Americans arrive.

Yeah, I went there.

I am also now completely out of cards to play, barring the deck that has "Hugh Grant", "boiled food", and "it rains all the damn time" in it. And that deck is only for emergencies.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:01 pm
Wait, wait, wait.

Do you uncultured mofos even know how to properly pronounce "Cillian"? It's "Kill-Ian". Did you hear that? "KILL". Muthafucka could KILL anyone, just like that. There's not a single shred of evidence to suggest that Norton could ever...

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Attachment:
Cillian.jpg
Cillian.jpg [ 24.28 KiB | Viewed 779 times ]

...lose. Right. I'm voting for Ed Norton.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:05 pm
Producer

Ken wrote:
Funny. That's how Britain looks going into a world war until the Americans arrive.

Yeah, I went there.

I am also now completely out of cards to play, barring the deck that has "Hugh Grant", "boiled food", and "it rains all the damn time" in it. And that deck is only for emergencies.

Do you mean Pot Noodles?

Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:47 am
Timmy Shoes wrote:
Ok, how about Madonna vs. Lady GaGa?

Madonna Louise Ciccone v. Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, in more words. In more names. Words, names.

Let's face facts: if we're talking two Italian Ladies of the Mic, they invariably both have no-necked brothers willing to defend their sisters. Ga Ga was born in '86, Madonna in '58. We can safely assume that Ga Ga's family, being younger than Madonna's, is more willing to bend to my stereotype. It's thus safe to say that Ga Ga will win.

Now, if you factor out the siblings, we will have to factor in the use of costumes-as-weapons. Ga Ga always looks pretty sharp. Literally. She'll win by either stabbing Madonna with her most pointy of shoes or, failing that, give Madonna a dose of salmonella via her stylish raw chicken pantsuit.

Congratulations, Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:15 pm