Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:29 am

Poll #57: What happens after.... 

What happens after we die?
There's an afterlife 38%  38%  [ 9 ]
Re-incarnation 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
A choice between afterlife and Re-incarnation(Like the end of What Dreams May Come) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Not a damn thing 63%  63%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 24

Poll #57: What happens after.... 
Post Poll #57: What happens after....
I'm going a bit serious on your guys, what do you think happens after we die?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:53 am
Post Re: Poll #57: What happens after....
To me, there's an afterlife. One of my co-workers was in a car crash and he claimed to die 6 times, he obviously came back to life and in the end, the end result was him just being pissed off but I digress. He said he saw the white light and people every time he was out of it.

And I hope there isn't mandatory re-incarnation, the thought of coming back and screwing up again scares the ever-living crap out of me.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:00 am
Director

I don't believe anything happens. We die, that's it.

However, I have nothing to back up this belief. :D

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:06 pm
Sexual Chocolate wrote:
I don't believe anything happens. We die, that's it.

However, I have nothing to back up this belief. :D
You don't really need any. Burden of proof's on people who say that something does happen. If your only belief is that dead people become worm food, well, that's fairly easy to prove.

Anyway, no points will be given for guessing what I think about all this.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:35 pm
Ken wrote:
Anyway, no points will be given for guessing what I think about all this.

I'm not going to guess, then. XD

Anyway, I voted for the last option. I was actually raised Christian and remained that way until I hit high school. Then proof of stuff like this became sillier. I'm pretty much an atheist until God himself/herself/itself smites me to Hell.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:45 pm
I get claustrophobic so I plan to be crema...oh, sorry.

I'm going with nothing happens. Who knows though? Maybe I'll be cradled by my higher power's noodle-y appendage.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:02 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Maybe I'll be cradled by my higher power's noodle-y appendage.

Did you just insinuate that God is impotent?

As for me, I didn't vote because I have no fucking clue. All logic points to there not being anything, but there's obviously no way to know until you get there. I'm terrified of death (and the thought of my unconscious body lying in the ground and rotting) so I hope to put finding out on hold for as long as I can. I do hold out hope that there is some kind of afterlife. When I start thinking about this being all there is, I get incredibly depressed. I'm stopping now.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:17 pm
PeachyPete wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

As for me, I didn't vote because I have no fucking clue. All logic points to there not being anything, but there's obviously no way to know until you get there. I'm terrified of death (and the thought of my unconscious body lying in the ground and rotting) so I hope to put finding out on hold for as long as I can. I do hold out hope that there is some kind of afterlife. When I start thinking about this being all there is, I get incredibly depressed. I'm stopping now.

No, no Pete...you've seen this haven't you?

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:50 pm
ram1312 wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

No, no Pete...you've seen this haven't you?

I had not. Or if I had, I forgot. Thanks, ram. That's absolutely terrific. Suck on that, God.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:21 pm
Critic

I love the flying spaghetti monster! I am a pastafarian for life!

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:13 pm
There's the breakdown of tissue, bacteria going wild... it's a mess that reporter Mary Roach thoroughly documented in Stiff. As for the afterlife? As soon as someone comes back after being dead for at least 3 days I'll let you know what he or she said. Belief doesn't need facts because it's belief -- I believe infants have a whole bunch of insights into all kinds of amazing, hard-to-grasp things but I've got absolutely no proof. The afterlife is one step beyond my natural limit of credulity.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:26 am
majoraphasia wrote:
There's the breakdown of tissue, bacteria going wild... it's a mess that reporter Mary Roach thoroughly documented in Stiff. As for the afterlife? As soon as someone comes back after being dead for at least 3 days I'll let you know what he or she said. Belief doesn't need facts because it's belief -- I believe infants have a whole bunch of insights into all kinds of amazing, hard-to-grasp things but I've got absolutely no proof. The afterlife is one step beyond my natural limit of credulity.

Excellent line there major man. I totally believe that. There have been times where I swear my young kids are seeing things that I cannot see. But it goes beyond that...and that's as good as I can describe that.

Look, I'm Catholic, and my belief is there is something after this life. I'd like to think that if you treat your fellow man well, you'll get the good of that "afterlife."

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:42 am
Director

Nothing. At all.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:30 am
ram1312 wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:

Excellent line there major man. I totally believe that. There have been times where I swear my young kids are seeing things that I cannot see. But it goes beyond that...and that's as good as I can describe that.

The movie Baby Geniuses posited the same thing. It seems that I've forgotten most of that film though. Thank God for that!

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:15 am
Assistant Second Unit Director

Hmmm. There are too many atheists here for my liking.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:45 pm
Critic

Raf wrote:
Hmmm. There are too many atheists here for my liking.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Atheists of the world, unite!

Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:21 pm
I was raised a catholic and would have called myself an agnostic shortly after high school. Since my early-20’s I’ve considered myself an atheist. It’s such a personal choice and I don’t look down a person’s belief but if you force it on me (religion and atheism) I’ll get shitty at you.

Most of the time in mixed company its best to just avoid discussing politics, religion and money there are far more interesting topics to chat about with people.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:26 pm
Nick wrote:
I was raised a catholic and would have called myself an agnostic shortly after high school. Since my early-20’s I’ve considered myself an atheist. It’s such a personal choice and I don’t look down a person’s belief but if you force it on me (religion and atheism) I’ll get shitty at you.

Most of the time in mixed company its best to just avoid discussing politics, religion and money there are far more interesting topics to chat about with people.

It's the other way around for me, my fmaily raised me catholic, but I never felt any kind of connection to it, so I stopped going to church when I turned 18 and from awhile after that, I considered myself an atheist, then a couple years ago I had a change of heart and now consider myself agnostic.

Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:30 am
Producer

I definitely consider myself agnostic. I don't know if God exists and I don't know if there is an afterlife. Maybe, maybe not.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:49 am
Assistant Director

I've been pondering this for a while.

I believe there's an afterlife. It just makes sense. I mean, we have conscious thought now, so if you take that away, it's essentially a black hole. I know I'm not making any sense, though.

I was raised Episcopalian. I don't go to church any more because frankly, it bores me. I have my own beliefs and I'm happy with that. For a few months, I was an atheist out of disgust by the Christian Right, but then I went into a chapel in Turkey and was "born again" haha. No, I'm not fundie though. I refuse to call myself a "Christian" because the term has been hijacked by the Christian Right. Therefore, I label myself as Episcopalian.

Mighty Mike's Raging Reviews

http://mightymikesragingreviews.blogspot.com/

Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:11 pm
Profile WWW