Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:26 pm

What's up with your names? 
Assistant Second Unit Director

Post Re: What's up with your names?
Quote:
major aphasia wrote:

Mine comes from a spin on an old joke, the punchline of "restless leg syndrome" being replaced with "major aphasia". The joke was then ironically turned on me. The joke then became strangely unironic and served to remind me of a serious disappointment in my life. Serves. Serves to remind me. So, really, it's about acceptance and hope despite setbacks/limitations.

I'm also a pretty huge Pearl Jam fan and develop a pant-threatening erection whenever I see the number 81 squeezed up against the number 12. Cause 81 is the size of my true love's waist (I like the ladies pleasantly obese) and 12 is the number of prostitutes I don't have buried in my basement.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:49 pm
Producer

My username is a poke in the eye for the Richard Curtis-isation of British film making.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:41 am
All I can say is, if you think my username is redonkulous, wait until you see my password.

Also, Major Aphasia is the smell you get when you microwave a pack of Extra Apple Pie-flavor for 5 minutes. It's wonderful. Just like life.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:55 pm
Evenflow8112 wrote:
All I can say is, if you think my username is redonkulous, wait until you see my password.

I'm guessing that you were or are a big Pearl Jam fan.

I'm also guessing that your password may be one of the following: Vedder, Daughter, Betterman, Tremorchrist, Spintheblackcircle, etc...

Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:59 pm
Ragnarok73 wrote:
Evenflow8112 wrote:

I'm also guessing that your password may be one of the following: Vedder, Daughter, Betterman, Tremorchrist, Spintheblackcircle, etc...

Let's just say, if you thought 8112 was random, wait until you see the last four digits on this fearsome monster. Even a Harvard-level hacker would be pulling out hair in an hour.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:14 pm
Evenflow8112 wrote:
Ragnarok73 wrote:
Evenflow8112 wrote:

Let's just say, if you thought 8112 was random, wait until you see the last four digits on this fearsome monster. Even a Harvard-level hacker would be pulling out hair in an hour.

I won't be pulling out my hair because I'm too lazy to even try to make any more guesses at your password. ;)

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:54 pm
No fun story here...it's my first name.

Not pronounced colon...like i had to deal with my entire school life on the first day of class...it's Irish! Somehow no school bully ever caught on to making that stick...guess they probably didn't have the brains to know that calling me colon was an insult.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:48 pm
Assistant Second Unit Director

Quote:
NotHughGrant wrote:

My username is a poke in the eye for the Richard Curtis-isation of British film making

I always figured it was because people were always telling you that you resembled Hugh Grant and you eventually got sick of it.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:08 pm
Raf wrote:
Quote:
NotHughGrant wrote:

My username is a poke in the eye for the Richard Curtis-isation of British film making

I always figured it was because people were always telling you that you resembled Hugh Grant and you eventually got sick of it.

Yes, because constantly getting laid is a real bummer for most people.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:25 am
Evenflow8112 wrote:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

I know you said four digits and not five, but I wisely recognized your ploy.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:29 am
Ken wrote:
Evenflow8112 wrote:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

I know you said four digits and not five, but I wisely recognized your ploy.

"Sounds like the combination some idiot would have for his luggage."

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:41 am