Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:10 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
September 19, 2011: "George Lucas: Childhood Rapist?" 
Post Re: September 19, 2011: "George Lucas: Childhood Rapist?"
Ragnarok73 wrote:

The only way I'll accept that Lucas is retired is when his corpse is lying in its coffin. What is he really retiring from anyway?

His full-time job of annoying the shit out of you.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:12 am
Ragnarok73 wrote:
The only way I'll accept that Lucas is retired is when his corpse is lying in its coffin. What is he really retiring from anyway?

I say this without any malice whatsoever: your hostility towards George Lucas is severely overinflated and unhealthy. It also makes you look ridiculous.

He made some movies you don't like. So what?

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:56 am
Ken wrote:
Ragnarok73 wrote:

I say this without any malice whatsoever: your hostility towards George Lucas is severely overinflated and unhealthy. It also makes you look ridiculous.

Besides, there's WAAAYYYYYY worse films out there then the SW prequels, like the Twilight films.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:20 am
Vexer wrote:
Ken wrote:
Ragnarok73 wrote:

Besides, there's WAAAYYYYYY worse films out there then the SW prequels, like the Twilight films.

I'll have you know, mister, that I really do like those movies now.

I went to see Breaking Dawn with a home made 'team Jacob' hat on. I made it from one of those Burger King crowns you find in their joints.

Who doesn't like a story about a controlling but romantic and well meaning figure like Edward? Sometimes I wish he'd watch me sleeping. I wouldn't get creeped out by that. And when he takes the engine from my car? I'd know he was really looking out for me :)

Clearly he is the guy to be with. After all, he isn't a savage descended from a Wolf who is also a Werewolf right? Actually I think I'd love to be a Native American who can transform into a giant Wolf; then I'd just savage all the haters.

People who hate Twilight just don't get how awesome the whole thing is. Mormonism? Racism? Sexism? Well these are all just things we have to do in real life, amirite? :)

And sparkling; man, it gives me such a boner to think that Vampires could sparkle instead of burning to a crisp.

I thought about re-writing the lyrics to 'Moves like Jagger' so it was called 'Moves like Edward' because when he runs about like Clark Kent, it just sends shudders to my genitals :)

You are such a mean spirited guy, Vexer, for hating on these movies :P

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:32 am
Well said! Maybe I did have those films figured wrong :lol: :P

Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:45 pm
Site Admin

It will be interesting to see the reaction to the new ReelThought I'm writing, which is very applicable to this...

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
Major Aphasia wrote:
Ragnarok73 wrote:

His full-time job of annoying the shit out of you.

No, he does that just by still breathing. "Retiring from film-making" doesn't mean shit, given that Lucas hasn't made any films since the PT.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:24 pm
Ken wrote:
Ragnarok73 wrote:

I don't like Lucas. I have a thing against pretentious assholes who make films just to make money while calling it art. So what?

I'm entitled to my opinion, which incidentally is justified given the amount of tampering that Lucas has done with the OT films. The only way I can be certain Lucas will stop is when he's dead, period.

Everyone has their buttons to be pushed. Lucas is one of mine. Deal with it.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:27 pm
Ragnarok73 wrote:
Ken wrote:
Ragnarok73 wrote:

I don't like Lucas. I have a thing against pretentious assholes who make films just to make money while calling it art. So what?

I'm entitled to my opinion, which incidentally is justified given the amount of tampering that Lucas has done with the OT films. The only way I can be certain Lucas will stop is when he's dead, period.

Fair enough, still sounds like you're a bit TOO obsessed with him though, you act like he ran over your cat or something! :lol:

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:48 pm
Ragnarok73 wrote:
It is one thing to have a thing against the work. That is entirely understandable. It is quite another to have something against the man, whom I'm fairly certain you've never met and has done nothing to personally wrong you.

I'm giving you a homework assignment. I want you to read this article as many times as it takes until you understand why this kind of misdirected fanboy anger is idiotic and an embarrassment to the people who otherwise find you to be an engaging and intelligent person.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:58 pm
Ragnarok73 wrote:
Ken wrote:
Ragnarok73 wrote:

The word is 'Charlatanism', of which a great number of people today are guilty. See Lady Gaga.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:28 pm
Ken wrote:
Ragnarok73 wrote:
It is one thing to have a thing against the work. That is entirely understandable. It is quite another to have something against the man, whom I'm fairly certain you've never met and has done nothing to personally wrong you.

I'm giving you a homework assignment. I want you to read this article as many times as it takes until you understand why this kind of misdirected fanboy anger is idiotic and an embarrassment to the people who otherwise find you to be an engaging and intelligent person.

That was a funny read. I know how amusing fanboy butthurt is! (yes, I'm aware that I am a butthurt fanboy of GWTDT. This does not need to be pointed out; I'm fully aware of how irony works :P)

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:34 pm
Director

Ragnarok73 wrote:

Again, I'm sorry the movies you originally saw and fell in love with were, for the most part, regarded by their maker as somewhat compromised visions. As a bit of a perfectionist myself, I can understand his desire to alter some of the things... but I will concur that a few of these changes were largely unnecessary. Still, I've gotten over it and so should you. :|

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:01 pm
H.I. McDonough wrote:
Ragnarok73 wrote:

Again, I'm sorry the movies you originally saw and fell in love with were, for the most part, regarded by their maker as somewhat compromised visions. As a bit of a perfectionist myself, I can understand his desire to alter some of the things... but I will concur that a few of these changes were largely unnecessary. Still, I've gotten over it and so should you. :|

I'm not obsessing over it, but I will express my contempt for it. I'm not spending money on any more Star Wars film merchandise, I'm expressing an opinion. Granted, it's one I've expressed many times before, but people really need to stop exaggerating the level of my feelings towards Lucas. (I'm looking at you, Ken)

It's not even real hatred for him so much as it's my despising what he's become and his actions since 1997. I'm perfectly willing to change my opinion of the man if he were to change his ways. I'm just not optimistic that this will ever happen before he dies.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:06 pm
Ken wrote:
Ragnarok73 wrote:

You make it sound like I lobby at conventions about the "devil that is George Lucas". Chill out. I'm merely expressing my opinions about the man's actions since 1997. Those opinions are negative, but that doesn't make me "obsessed" with the guy. As I told H.I., I'm willing to change my opinion should Lucas change his ways.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:09 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8