Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:47 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc. 
Author Message
Post The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
Don't know if we have one of these yet, but I thought it would be nice to have a one-stop repository for posting and discussing cool movie-related videos and articles that don't necessarily need a thread of their own.

Here is an excellent video essay on Spielberg's use of faces.


Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:46 pm
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
That's one of the film analysis videos I've ever seen. It brings up the decade old question of how worthy or significant A.I. is. By extension, here's one done by a friend of mine on A.I.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVG1hlGkfxE


Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:01 am
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
Part one of a series on Spielberg by Matt Zoller Seitz, Ali Arikan, and Serena Bramble. I believe they are currently three chapters in.

While it might be unfashionable to say so, I think Spielberg is one of the best filmmakers America has ever produced, and this is a group of critics (particularly Zoller Seitz) who typically have something interesting to say.


Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:16 am
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:40 pm
Posts: 951
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
I already created a topic for this, but idk if anyone has seen it. Here's my movie site.

http://mightymikesragingreviews.blogspot.com/

_________________
My movie review site:

Mighty Mike's Raging Reviews

http://mightymikesragingreviews.blogspot.com/


Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
moviemkr7 wrote:
I already created a topic for this, but idk if anyone has seen it. Here's my movie site.

http://mightymikesragingreviews.blogspot.com/

Great site man! Though i'd like to comment on your review of Takers where you questioned why Chris Brown was in the film, Takers was actually completed back in 2008, long before that whole "abuse" thing happened, in fact Brown's name was actually downplayed in ads for the film after the scandal.


Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:53 pm
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:40 pm
Posts: 951
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
Vexer wrote:
moviemkr7 wrote:
I already created a topic for this, but idk if anyone has seen it. Here's my movie site.

http://mightymikesragingreviews.blogspot.com/

Great site man! Though i'd like to comment on your review of Takers where you questioned why Chris Brown was in the film, Takers was actually completed back in 2008, long before that whole "abuse" thing happened, in fact Brown's name was actually downplayed in ads for the film after the scandal.


Oh. Well, I guess i have to edit that now then.

_________________
My movie review site:

Mighty Mike's Raging Reviews

http://mightymikesragingreviews.blogspot.com/


Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:08 am
Profile WWW
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
moviemkr7 wrote:
Vexer wrote:
moviemkr7 wrote:
I already created a topic for this, but idk if anyone has seen it. Here's my movie site.

http://mightymikesragingreviews.blogspot.com/

Great site man! Though i'd like to comment on your review of Takers where you questioned why Chris Brown was in the film, Takers was actually completed back in 2008, long before that whole "abuse" thing happened, in fact Brown's name was actually downplayed in ads for the film after the scandal.


Oh. Well, I guess i have to edit that now then.

Also I wanted to ask, is there any way you can allow people to leave comments on your site? Because I have thoughts i'd like to share on some of your articles. For one thing, it's not just teenagers that misbehave in movie theaters, adults can be even worse.


Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:34 am
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:40 pm
Posts: 951
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
let me tinker with it. I'll let you know.

I was trying to do the email thing so i could post hate mail like JB!

_________________
My movie review site:

Mighty Mike's Raging Reviews

http://mightymikesragingreviews.blogspot.com/


Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:45 am
Profile WWW
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:40 pm
Posts: 951
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
Done!

_________________
My movie review site:

Mighty Mike's Raging Reviews

http://mightymikesragingreviews.blogspot.com/


Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:48 am
Profile WWW
Director
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:07 pm
Posts: 1563
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
In which Ebert states the obvious reasons for why movie attendance has dropped as much as it has.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111228/COMMENTARY/111229973

_________________
This ain't a city council meeting you know-Joe Cabot

Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out-Martin Scorsese.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1347771599


Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:48 am
Profile
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
This is pretty boss: the Blade Runner production sketchbook, online.


Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:42 pm
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
My year-end tribute to Anthony Mann:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_92GUh9 ... e=youtu.be


Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:38 pm
Director

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:44 pm
Posts: 1478
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
Quote:
My year-end tribute to Anthony Mann:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_92GUh9 ... e=youtu.be


nice job. I wondering why you hadn't done this before, considering the effort you must have put into assembling that Dark Knight review.

No scenes from El Cid?


Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Profile
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
calvero wrote:
Quote:
My year-end tribute to Anthony Mann:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_92GUh9 ... e=youtu.be


nice job. I wondering why you hadn't done this before, considering the effort you must have put into assembling that Dark Knight review.

No scenes from El Cid?


Thanks. El Cid is there for a second, when Heston is making out with Loren near the end.


Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:44 pm
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
The excellent Matt Zoller-Seitz put together a video essay on Superman Returns and its unique role in the growing pantheon of superhero genre films.


Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:51 am
Assistant Second Unit Director

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:55 pm
Posts: 87
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
Five Minutes, Mr. Welles.

It's a short film co-written, directed, and starring Vincent D'Onofrio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-4PPr3r_r0


Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:05 am
Profile
Director
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:07 pm
Posts: 1563
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
http://them0vieblog.com/2012/01/09/the-virtue-of-ambitious-failure/
The virtue of ambitious failure.

_________________
This ain't a city council meeting you know-Joe Cabot

Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out-Martin Scorsese.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1347771599


Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:37 pm
Profile
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
Fantastic piece from David Bordwell on Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. There are heavy spoilers, but it's worth reading for those who have seen the film:

http://www.davidbordwell.net/blog/2012/ ... perplexed/


Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:34 pm
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
A very good essay on The Tree of Life.

http://www.ferdyonfilms.com/?p=11237


Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:02 am
Post Re: The misc. movie links thread--interviews, video essays, etc.
Blonde Almond wrote:
Fantastic piece from David Bordwell on Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. There are heavy spoilers, but it's worth reading for those who have seen the film:

http://www.davidbordwell.net/blog/2012/ ... perplexed/


Is there a better movie related writer than Bordwell? That's a serious question, by the way. I don't even think that Ebert is in his league.


Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:08 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr