Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:35 am

Why do you have to bring your fucking goddamn baby? 
Post Why do you have to bring your fucking goddamn baby?
My brother and I are just sitting, waiting to watch Ghost Protocol (which was awesome) and low and behold a couple has a one year old in front of us. When that little shit started crying, the bitch mother started jingling keys louder than than the fucking baby!!! Anybody want to take any guesses on what "type" of people they were? This was in Columbus, GA so it shouldn't be too hard. Stereotypes are stereotypes for a goddamn reason!

Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:59 pm
Post Re: Why do you have to bring your fucking goddamn baby?
Yeah, unfortunately the sterotype about black people being loud and obnoxious is true more often then you'd think, not trying to be racist or anything, just saying. I actually had a similar experience in a movie theater-when I saw Law Abiding Citizen, there was a young African-American couple a few rows behind me with a little kid, who naturally started crying during one of the violent scenes, fortunately the couple was able to calm her down, but I was still pretty annoyed at them for being irresponsible enough to bring a little kid to a violent film like that in the first place.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:27 pm
Just had to get that rant out of my system.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:11 pm
Moved to open forum.

Sometimes I wonder why people have to bring their fucking mouths, let alone the mouths of their bastard children.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:19 pm
And I thought it was bad when I spotted a toddler at a screening of Spider-Man in 2002.

It happened during the big beat-down scene near the end, if anyone cares. I still find it unusually brutal for an otherwise mostly-bloodless adventure flick.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:37 am
Cinematographer

I have brought my very young children to the theater many times. I am always prepared to take a noisy or restless child outside if necessary. Fortunately its only happened once. I took the family to see Ice Age 3 and my little girl was terrified and started bawling when the T-Rex showed up. It didn't help much that the sound was turned up to uncomfortable levels as well. Anyway, we spent the next hour looking at movie posters and playing in the lobby while my wife and son finished with the movie.

It is unfortunate that consideration for others is lacking for so many. They think that since they paid their money they are entitled to treat the space (whether it is a theater, museum or restaurant) as their own without concern for the investment that others around them have also made.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:20 am