Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:50 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next
My Life 
Post Re: My Life

Magic legs: cranking across the Northern Plains.
-Packed gear on bike was about 45-50lbs to start and probably lost about 5lbs as it was consumed. This was a self supported trip, i.e. I had food, (& cooking equipment), clothes, shelter and only needed to stop for water.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:49 pm
Awf Hand wrote:

Magic legs: cranking across the Northern Plains.
-Packed gear on bike was about 45-50lbs to start and probably lost about 5lbs as it was consumed. This was a self supported trip, i.e. I had food, (& cooking equipment), clothes, shelter and only needed to stop for water.

This is a really inventive shot. How'd you take it?

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:05 pm
Hey Ed, Thanks!

I have a point & shoot Canon that I held in one hand and extended said hand below and in front of the bike's bars, pointing backward. Then I pushed the button. -Nothing more glamorous than that...

-all at about 17mph

Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:31 am
Awf Hand wrote:
Hey Ed, Thanks!

I have a point & shoot Canon that I held in one hand and extended said hand below and in front of the bike's bars, pointing backward. Then I pushed the button. -Nothing more glamorous than that...

-all at about 17mph

:lol: That's a much more low-tech answer than I expected. Here I thought you somehow mounted the thing and then remotely activated the shutter. You have a steady (Awf) Hand.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:27 pm
I just interviewed for a position at my local Domino's, so I may or not end up getting a job there.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:44 pm
Critic

Vexer wrote:
I just interviewed for a position at my local Domino's, so I may or not end up getting a job there.

Their pizza is better now

Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:15 pm
JamesKunz wrote:
Vexer wrote:

Their pizza is better now

Good to know.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:12 pm
Hello.

Have a second daughter. She goes by Alexandra.

Be back soon.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:54 pm
Critic

Major Aphasia wrote:
Hello.

Be back soon.

Congratulations! Go you! We made a thread recently about your absence. Basically, we need you back.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:25 pm
JamesKunz wrote:
Major Aphasia wrote:
Hello.

Be back soon.

Congratulations! Go you! We made a thread recently about your absence. Basically, we need you back.

I swear to all the deities I don't believe in that I read the message and confused this with an elaborate spammer. Then my eye looked left. Welcome to the forums, Major Aphasia. Mucho congratulations. I dig the name too. Good choice.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:40 pm
Major Aphasia wrote:
Hello.

Be back soon.

I think Iron Maiden wrote a song about her. It's around 13 minutes long.

In other words, it's fucking awesome.

Congratulations.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:58 pm
JamesKunz wrote:

Thank you! And: you don't need me back. You already have what you need. It's deep inside of you. Know what it is? Come here. Closer. Closer. Too close. Closer anyway. Know what it is? Shhhh... don't tell. It's your... your... your vestigial tail. Which is apparently internal. Fucking weird.

ed_metal_head wrote:
I swear to all the deities I don't believe in that I read the message and confused this with an elaborate spammer. Then my eye looked left. Welcome to the forums, Major Aphasia. Mucho congratulations. I dig the name too. Good choice.

Thank you! And: I'm not an elaborate spammer. Just a guy. Standing in front of you. Who loves you. I've never seen Notting Hill. I have seen Silent Hill and Julia Roberts wasn't in it. Or was she? She too has a vestigial tail. It's wagging right now.

Wait. No. That's my erection.

Ken wrote:

Congratulations.

Thank you! And: it was fucking awesome! The song. The birth was messy. Did you know babies come out of a woman's bergina?! Christ in pantaloons! I scolded my wife for letting that happen. I also scolded her for not instructing me on how to use a condom. (Hint: you have to swallow them at least 30, not 15, minutes before whipping up a batch of red hot fuckbagels.)

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:38 am
Major Aphasia wrote:
JamesKunz wrote:

Thank you! And: you don't need me back. You already have what you need. It's deep inside of you. Know what it is? Come here. Closer. Closer. Too close. Closer anyway. Know what it is? Shhhh... don't tell. It's your... your... your vestigial tail. Which is apparently internal. Fucking weird.

ed_metal_head wrote:

Thank you! And: I'm not an elaborate spammer. Just a guy. Standing in front of you. Who loves you. I've never seen Notting Hill. I have seen Silent Hill and Julia Roberts wasn't in it. Or was she? She too has a vestigial tail. It's wagging right now.

Wait. No. That's my erection.

Ken wrote:

Congratulations.

Thank you! And: it was fucking awesome! The song. The birth was messy. Did you know babies come out of a woman's bergina?! Christ in pantaloons! I scolded my wife for letting that happen. I also scolded her for not instructing me on how to use a condom. (Hint: you have to swallow them at least 30, not 15, minutes before whipping up a batch of red hot fuckbagels.)

Okay, so that is the "tired" talking. I missed that too... I wish for a prehensile tail instead of this useless POS I have.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:19 am
Major Aphasia wrote:
irrelevant stuff
Larry Gopnik. Good choice.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:15 pm
Cinematographer

Congratulations with the arrival of your daughter Alexandra. May there be an abundance of happiness and health in your family.

Major Aphasia wrote:
Hello.

Be back soon.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:00 pm
Good to see you on here again, Mark.

I made a movie last weekend! It is now finished and on the Internet for all to see. I'm feeling pretty good about it, but don't want to post it just yet. My fragile ego!

Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:11 am
We will dissect it with great cruelty.

Congratulations, though.

(Talking to Pedro, not Mark. Hoo boy, this post would be even mock-harsher than it already mock-is.)

Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:36 am
Pedro wrote:
Good to see you on here again, Mark.

I made a movie last weekend! It is now finished and on the Internet for all to see. I'm feeling pretty good about it, but don't want to post it just yet. My fragile ego!

Put up the link and stop being such a vulva-face. I can't wait to judge it and, by extension, you. If it sucks -> you suck. QED, vis-a-vis, ergo, my life in ruins. My soul, my soul...three weeks and a day, my freedom goes a-way.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:50 pm
I wish to say these things last week but due to some wacky hijinks, I'm saying them now:

Remember my job? Well I longer work there as a contractor....I work there as a GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE, starting today!

Remember that movie my friend was making that I was trying to drum up support here but met with apathy and people saying that they were too poor to donate? Well my friend made his movie and the premiere was a few weeks ago. I'm the one in the suit.

And that means, I'm on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4683233/

What have you done with your lives lately?

Attachments:
307755_791985398074_32302191_37111928_1821249377_n.jpg
307755_791985398074_32302191_37111928_1821249377_n.jpg [ 24.66 KiB | Viewed 2277 times ]
Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:35 pm
Patrick wrote:
What have you done with your lives lately?

We have begun planning your downfall. We will no longer be repressed by your well-earned sense of accomplishment!

Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:57 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next