Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ, USA
Registering for the ReelViews forums to enter the contest?
Are you registering to the ReelViews forums to enter the "Beat Berardinelli" contest? If so, read here...
Due to a high percentage of spam registrations, I have to personally approve every registration request. So it's important that, if you register, you do so with a userid that makes you look like a "real person." Here are some tips to avoid rejection.
(1) Choose a userid that sounds like a real name with an easily recognizable format: First_Last or FirstLast are best. Numbers are not a good idea unless the name is common and you are using a common name.
(2) Movie-movie related userids are always a good idea. But make it something readily identifiable not obscure.
(3) If the userid looks good, I check the e-mail address to make sure it looks legit. Matching your userid to the userid of your e-mail is a good way to pass through.
(4) Hotmail e-mail addresses are summarily rejected. >90% of registrations from hotmail are spam. Yahoo and gmail addresses are okay, subject to checks. Note: .edu addresses are passed immediately. I have never gotten a single spam registration (at least that I'm aware of) from an .edu address.
(5) If you register and don't get an acceptance e-mail within 24 hours, drop me an e-mail. In it, note the userid you're using and I'll make sure you get passed through. In fact, if you want to send me an e-mail at the same time as registering, it will simplify the process, but it's not necessary.
Note: You don't have to worry about the security of your e-mail. I don't farm e-mails. They aren't sold or shared.
Registration will be open during the entire contest period: noon EST on Sunday, February 17 through noon EST on Saturday, February 23.