Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:54 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Best Picture Nominees Ranked 
Director

Post Re: Best Picture Nominees Ranked
Quote:
You can bet on them internationally. It's illegal in the United States to gamble on entertainment events as far as I know. Also as far as I know, you can't just bet the house on something obvious. Something like Chris Plummer winning for Beginners would cost, for example, $60 to win $1. If I bet the house a few years ago on The Secret in Their Eyes beating The White Ribbon, though, I'd have at least two houses. (But I wasn't 21 then, so boo.)

yeah, all sports betting sites are based in Guam or something. just checked the one I use, the odds they have on oscars are pretty extreme, have never seen such locks compared to sports bets. The Artist is 1-20! The Descendants is 10-1, not a bad bet. Best Actor is the only remotely close category.

They also have odds for who Joan Rivers will name best & worst dressed. looks like Nick Nolte is favored in worst dressed.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:02 pm
Big day!!!

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:23 pm
Director

Of the ones I've seen:

The Artist, Hugo and The Descendants I'm not disappointed to see nominated. The Help deserved its acting nominations. But I wouldn't call it the Best Picture by a long shot. JB called it "a soap opera with some good acting" and that's the best way to describe it.

Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close was okay.

Got Moneyball and Tree Of Life in the Netflix que. I have no real interest in Midnight In Paris and War Horse.

Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out-Martin Scorsese.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1347771599

Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:28 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3