Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:08 am




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next
The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread 
Author Message
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
Wooo, one for one.


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:50 pm
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
Mercifully short.


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:50 pm
Critic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 am
Posts: 6976
Location: Easton, MD
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
Let me just say once more than The Blind Side would have seemed dated in 1963. And, to be more blunt, fuck that film

_________________
I'm lithe and fierce as a tiger


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:51 pm
Profile
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
Ryan Reynolds sounds bored reading The Blind Side's synopsis


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:51 pm
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
Patrick wrote:
Victor Meldrew wrote:
I don't get the Toyota joke AT ALL. Should I?


The recall thing I'm guessing?


what recall?


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:51 pm
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm
Posts: 3054
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ, USA
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
Post #3 (8:51 pm EST):

Interesting... a guest host to introduce the hosts.

The monologue/dialogue works better with two. They can play off each other.

Jeff Bridges looks like Colonel Sanders.

Award #1: Best Supporting Actor - Christoph Waltz [1/1]

Acceptance Speech: ** out of **** - Kind of rambling. No real thank-yous, but plenty of names.

Ryan Reynolds introducing THE BLIND SIDE - doesn't indicate a very high "prestige" level as far as the program directors are concerned. (One of two Best Picture nominees not in my end-of-the-year Top 10.)


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
LostSoul wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Victor Meldrew wrote:
I don't get the Toyota joke AT ALL. Should I?


The recall thing I'm guessing?


what recall?


There's this whole big recall on Toyota vehicles. It's on the news and stuff


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:52 pm
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
Looks like a boring ceremony this year, unfortunately. They're not trying hard to make it that good.


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:52 pm
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
Patrick wrote:
Ryan Reynolds sounds bored reading The Blind Side's synopsis


Wouldn't you be?


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:53 pm
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
boring = short?


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:53 pm
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
James Berardinelli wrote:

Acceptance Speech: ** out of **** - Kind of rambling. No real thank-yous, but plenty of names.


Remember James, thank-you speeches are banned this year allegedly.

Then again Waltz was a cleverly hidden thank-you speech


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:53 pm
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
JamesKunz wrote:
Let me just say once more than The Blind Side would have seemed dated in 1963. And, to be more blunt, fuck that film


It's absurd. How the film is even being mentioned in the night's proceeding is beyond me.


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:54 pm
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
James Berardinelli wrote:
[Christoph Waltz'] Acceptance Speech: ** out of **** - Kind of rambling. No real thank-yous, but plenty of names.

Kind of surprising, because Waltz has always had something to say at other award shows. Maybe he won so much he ran out of material? Almost sounded as if he got kicked off prematurely... I was awaiting it and talk about anticlimax!


Last edited by Danny Baldwin on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:55 pm
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm
Posts: 3054
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ, USA
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
Patrick wrote:
James Berardinelli wrote:

Acceptance Speech: ** out of **** - Kind of rambling. No real thank-yous, but plenty of names.


Remember James, thank-you speeches are banned this year allegedly.

Then again Waltz was a cleverly hidden thank-you speech


Saying thank-yous are banned and actually banning them are different things. We'll see if this holds for the entire night.


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
I think he was just a bit overcome...


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:55 pm
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
Vic wrote:
JamesKunz wrote:
Let me just say once more than The Blind Side would have seemed dated in 1963. And, to be more blunt, fuck that film


It's absurd. How the film is even being mentioned in the night's proceeding is beyond me.


Hollywood loves Sandra!


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:56 pm
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
Cameron is always hot.

Steve is always funny.

The two of them together

I could do without.


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:57 pm
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
That was a cute little segSQUIRREL!


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:58 pm
Critic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 am
Posts: 6976
Location: Easton, MD
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
The animated thing was surprisingly non-corny and cute

_________________
I'm lithe and fierce as a tiger


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:58 pm
Profile
Post Re: The Official Berardinelli Live Oscar Commentary Thread
LostSoul wrote:
Vic wrote:
JamesKunz wrote:
Let me just say once more than The Blind Side would have seemed dated in 1963. And, to be more blunt, fuck that film


It's absurd. How the film is even being mentioned in the night's proceeding is beyond me.


Hollywood loves Sandra!


Why?


Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:59 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr