Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:58 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
Being nominated for an Oscar means less now. 
Post Being nominated for an Oscar means less now.
Now being nominated means less for all except the winner because your performance isn't as highly regarded as it use to be since there are now 9 others being nominated. Being nominated means less now. Being 1 of the 5 nominated meant a lot more. Now there's 10. Its pathetic what the Academy did.

Last edited by Lick My Love Pump on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:12 pm
Post Re: Being nominated for an Oscar means less now.
That is a terrific user name. Kind of a "Mach" piece, really.

Anyway, to quote Adaptation., in theory I agree with you.

In practice, of course, the Academy's dubious tastes are pretty irrelevant, and you'd get a similarly decent pool of candidates by drawing scraps of paper out of a top hat.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:39 pm
Ken wrote:
That is a terrific user name. Kind of a "Mach" piece, really.

Anyway, to quote Adaptation., in theory I agree with you.

In practice, of course, the Academy's dubious tastes are pretty irrelevant, and you'd get a similarly decent pool of candidates by drawing scraps of paper out of a top hat.

I can see my user name as a Mach piece. Although its really a reference to Mozart, but I see how Mozart and Bach can be intertwined.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:08 am
If they nominated five extra movies out of pity then maybe I'd agree with you. However, I don't. Maybe it's time the Academy gives more movies recognition then it does. You generally know who's going to win whether there is five or ten movies, so adding more does little besides give notice to other deserving films. You don't only see the "Winner of (X) Academy Awards, Including...", you also see "Nominated for (X) Academy Awards, Including..."

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:20 pm
JJoshay..........Well we'll obviously disagree then. Oh well.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:22 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]