Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:49 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
We're smart--let's fix the Oscars 
Post Re: We're smart--let's fix the Oscars
p604 wrote:
4: Have a best cameo oscar. This would reward a really good short preformace. Anything under 5 - 10 minutes.

I've been pondering this lately. Steven Buscemi had a notable cameo in The Messenger that was very noteworthy and powerful. There's no possibility of a Best Supporting Actor nomination, but he deserves some kind of recognition. I wonder if a Best Cameo award would work. All five nominees would be from The Player if this category was around back in 1992. XD

Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:14 pm
Critic

Post Re: We're smart--let's fix the Oscars
I see where you guys are coming from, but the idea of a "Best Cameo" award seems a tad absurd, since 99% of cameos are trivial in the first place. In this regard I like the status quo--every so often a cameo player (e.g. Ned Beatty in Network, William Hurt in A History of Violence) gets rewarded with a nomination and that seems about right to me.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:21 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2