Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:52 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Steve Martin and ALec Baldwin to host the Oscars 
Post Steve Martin and ALec Baldwin to host the Oscars
Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin have been picked to host the Oscars. Do you think they're good picks?

Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:50 pm
Post Re: Steve Martin and ALec Baldwin to host the Oscars
Hosting the Oscars is for closers.

EDIT - They can't be worse than Hugh Jackman.

Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:51 pm
Who could be worse than Billy Crystal?

It was amusing when he hosted that year when Jack Palance was nominated for City Slickers. Jack made a comment about crapping guys like Billy after doing 1-armed pushups on the stage, so Billy spent the rest of the night taking spiteful cracks at him in retaliation.

Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:10 pm
I would rather see Baldwin host alone, he's much more awesome than Martin

Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:00 pm
Yeah Billy Crystal is the anti-funny, I can't believe people love him so much hosting the Oscar's especially the amount of times he has done it.

I thoroughly enjoyed Steve Martin hosting the couple of times he has done it so its a welcome return and as for Baldwin he is great on 30 Rock and has shown great comic timing in the past and is well spoken for this type of gig, personally he seems a little douche-y as a person but that doesn't bother me too much.

Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:04 pm
I say let Howard Stern host the Oscars.

Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:13 pm
Get someone who A. isn't hopelessly beyond his (her?) prime, and B. will not be restricted by the ceremony's weaksauce idea of comedy.

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:13 am
Martin and Baldwin are funny enough to host the Oscars in my opinion. Together? I don't know. It's smart from a marketing standpoint. I'm sure the show will continue, as Ken calls it, its typical brand of weaksauce comedy. It'll never get better than that, and I don't think Martin and Baldwin are going to make it worse. It'll probably feel a little more scripted than usual, though. (I'm still waiting for someone to improv for the entire show.)

Personally, I think Patton Oswalt would be an awesome choice, but who would consider it?

Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:02 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]