Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:37 am

The Great Movies on TCM 
Post Re: The Great Movies on TCM
ed_metal_head wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:
I erased all the Spongebob from the DVR and instantaneously freed up over 48 gigabytes. That show is ALWAYS ON.

Somewhere on the West coast a little girl's heart is breaking.

You mean Michelle? She likes it more than my daughter does, bub. Not a fan of Spongebob... I've tried. Pete'll back me up on this.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:36 am
majoraphasia wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:
I erased all the Spongebob from the DVR and instantaneously freed up over 48 gigabytes. That show is ALWAYS ON.

Somewhere on the West coast a little girl's heart is breaking.

You mean Michelle? She likes it more than my daughter does, bub. Not a fan of Spongebob... I've tried. Pete'll back me up on this.

I will. Fuck Bob and his spongey pants. My girlfriend might like it more than Mark's daughter too. It's ridiculous. I don't have a problem with adults enjoying kid's shows, I just have a problem with adults enjoying that specific kid's show.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:59 pm
PeachyPete wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:

I will. Fuck Bob and his spongey pants. My girlfriend might like it more than Mark's daughter too. It's ridiculous. I don't have a problem with adults enjoying kid's shows, I just have a problem with adults enjoying that specific kid's show.

YES! The only funny moment that I've ever seen was an episode that had an effigy of Spongebob getting burned to the ground. I have no idea which episode this was but... I laughed. I really, really dislike this cartoon.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:16 pm
majoraphasia wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:

YES! The only funny moment that I've ever seen was an episode that had an effigy of Spongebob getting burned to the ground. I have no idea which episode this was but... I laughed. I really, really dislike this cartoon.

I laugh occasionally at the show and anytime I do Sam's response is always the same - "See!? I told you it was good!" I have to explain to her that I'm a pretty easy laugh and that even if I'm laughing at a show it doesn't mean I necessarily like it. She then proceeds to tell me that I just don't want to admit that I like the show. That always pisses me off. Why wouldn't admit to liking a show? If I like it, I'd want to watch it. I don't want to watch Spongebob. That's because I don't like it!

Also, if I have to hear one more time that Spongebob "has more going on than just being a kiddie show", I'm going to bash my head into a wall a thousand times. It doesn't! I've heard that from just about every adult that likes the show. It's as if they want to justify their enjoyment by claiming the show has some level of sophistication that it doesn't have. A few semi-clever references here and there doesn't give the show depth. Just enjoy it and stop trying to convince me that I'm missing out on some Earth-shattering cartoon.

majoraphasia wrote:
I need to find a way to transfer DVR recordings to DVD. That's something for Google, methinks.

If you've figured out how to do this, or ever do figure it out, please let me know. I already need to make space on mine and it's like a month old. Sometimes I think we're interested in too many movies for our own good. I had to make the decision to delete The Great Dictator because I'd already seen it and it was taking up too much space. I hate having to delete something I didn't watch, even if I've seen it already. This should not be a source of stress. Yet...

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:21 am
PeachyPete wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:
I need to find a way to transfer DVR recordings to DVD. That's something for Google, methinks.

If you've figured out how to do this, or ever do figure it out, please let me know. I already need to make space on mine and it's like a month old. Sometimes I think we're interested in too many movies for our own good. I had to make the decision to delete The Great Dictator because I'd already seen it and it was taking up too much space. I hate having to delete something I didn't watch, even if I've seen it already. This should not be a source of stress. Yet...

I decided to Google it for fun and came up with this:

http://www.howtodothings.com/electronics/a4019-how-to-transfer-dvr-recordings-to-dvd.html

Not sure if it's worth it. You have to have a DVD recorder and even then it won't work for shows that have copy protection.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:56 pm