Yes and I'll love it 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes...for the 3-D Michael Jackson 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, just so I'll complain 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No but I'm busy 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
No....a million times no! 87%  87%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 15

Poll #36: Grammy's 
Post Poll #36: Grammy's
Sorry for the delay, I completely forgot it was Wednesday but I'm here now. Anyways, are you watching The Grammy's on the the 31st?

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:48 pm
Post Re: Poll #36: Grammy's
No but that's cause I hate the Grammy's and any choice they pick for the important awards this year is the wrong choice

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:49 pm
Director

No, because most music today is bland, unoriginal stuff shoved down our throat.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:08 pm
Profile YIM
I like some of today's music, but more often then not, most of the artists nominated just plain suck, the only nominated artists I like are Colbie Calet Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga, the rest either REALLY suck or just aren't really my type, and I don't even care who wins.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:03 pm
corpen11 wrote:

A couple years ago I would have agreed with you. Then I discovered there's a whole lot of good music that just doesn't get played on the radio. Unfortunately, the Grammy's rarely recognise these artists so I always skip the ceremony.

You know, we rightly criticize the Oscars for some of the choices they make, but overall I think the Academy does a far better job at awarding people than the Grammy's do.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:38 pm
Director

ed_metal_head wrote:
corpen11 wrote:

A couple years ago I would have agreed with you. Then I discovered there's a whole lot of good music that just doesn't get played on the radio. Unfortunately, the Grammy's rarely recognise these artists so I always skip the ceremony.

You know, we rightly criticize the Oscars for some of the choices they make, but overall I think the Academy does a far better job at awarding people than the Grammy's do.

For every 10 good choices the Oscars pick, it's only one pick for the Grammys. I agree with you on talented artist not being played on the radio.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:02 pm
Profile YIM
Music today is NOT bland
Our efforts to find good stuff is bland

As an example:
There is a venue near my girlfriends house called Freight and Salvage
http://www.thefreight.org/
Great music most nights of the week

I'm British and would not consider this genre a favorite
there's so much great stuff out there

Rob

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:06 am
Is there anyone on the planet that takes the Grammy's seriously anymore? I think anyone over the age of 15 realizes the Grammy's are a complete fraud. It's a more professional atmosphere than something like the VMA's, but there's little difference to me in the amount of weight the award carries.

Ed's right, we give the Oscars a lot of shit (deservedly so), but they at least get it right some of the time.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:57 pm
PeachyPete wrote:
Is there anyone on the planet that takes the Grammy's seriously anymore? I think anyone over the age of 15 realizes the Grammy's are a complete fraud. It's a more professional atmosphere than something like the VMA's, but there's little difference to me in the amount of weight the award carries.

Ed's right, we give the Oscars a lot of shit (deservedly so), but they at least get it right some of the time.
Yeah I know they're a complete farce, but i'd still gladly watch thme over the Oscars, mainly because the Oscars are INSANELY boring most of the time.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:00 pm
I'm with the rest of the gang: no Grammy ceremony for me. And I'm with at least Vexer in that watching the Oscar ceremony is just about as appealing.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:27 am