Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:43 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Episode #22: The Monster Mish-Mash 
Author Message
Cinematographer

Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 4:33 pm
Posts: 584
Post Episode #22: The Monster Mish-Mash
Don't you just love the titles I come up with? :)

So, James' review of Man of Steel isn't up yet, but I think that we can all assume (based on his latest tweet) that it's a lukewarm three-star movie. I've adjusted the scores as such.

This week, we'll be predicting James' ratings for World War Z, Monsters University, and Much Ado About Nothing.

1. World War Z - ImageImageImageImage
2. Monsters University - ImageImageImageImage
3. Much Ado About Nothing - ImageImageImageImage

The mini-competition I'm working should be announced either later today or tomorrow. We'll see.


Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:17 pm
Profile
Cinematographer

Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 4:33 pm
Posts: 584
Post Re: Episode #22: The Monster Mish-Mash
I'll get you one day, Pedro. Just wait. ;)

1. Pedro: +17.5
2. KWRoss: +16.5
3. nitrium: +13.0
3. PR0METHEU5: +13.0
4. ilovemovies: +11.5
4. Sean: +11.5
5. Vexer: +10.0
6. ShrunkenHead: +8.0
7. sunshineisles2: +6.0
8. oafolay: +3.0
9. patrick: +2.0
10. Alex: +0.5
10. ed_metal_head: +0.5
11. Blonde Almond: 0.0
11. Thom20: 0.0


Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:17 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3657
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: Episode #22: The Monster Mish-Mash
World War Z-***
Monsters University-***
Much Ado About Nothing-**1/2


Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:21 pm
Profile
Producer

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:04 am
Posts: 2209
Post Re: Episode #22: The Monster Mish-Mash
3 stars for all 3 of them


Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:54 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:51 pm
Posts: 492
Post Re: Episode #22: The Monster Mish-Mash
I like Sean's picks. ;)

_________________
I no longer have an image here! I got away with it for so long...


Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:34 pm
Profile
Producer

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:04 am
Posts: 2209
Post Re: Episode #22: The Monster Mish-Mash
You guys do realize that WWZ currently has 80% at RT and Monsters University has 78%. I know a lot of people would have guessed bad things for WWZ due to the production woes, but it's really looking like it's actually gonna be good and is getting good reviews so far.

Just an FYI. Obviously, there is still a lot of time between now and next week. Things could easily change, but thus far, things are looking good.


Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:56 pm
Profile
Cinematographer

Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 4:33 pm
Posts: 584
Post Re: Episode #22: The Monster Mish-Mash
Pedro wrote:
I like Sean's picks. ;)

Are you going to use them then? :twisted:
ilovemovies wrote:
You guys do realize that WWZ currently has 80% at RT and Monsters University has 78%. I know a lot of people would have guessed bad things for WWZ due to the production woes, but it's really looking like it's actually gonna be good and is getting good reviews so far.

Just an FYI. Obviously, there is still a lot of time between now and next week. Things could easily change, but thus far, things are looking good.

WWZ is destined to go down, and it currently has a 57 out of 100 on Metacritic. Brave ended up with a 78% on the Tomatometer, and James still gave it two and a half stars.


Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:40 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3657
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: Episode #22: The Monster Mish-Mash
Sean wrote:
Pedro wrote:
I like Sean's picks. ;)

Are you going to use them then? :twisted:
ilovemovies wrote:
You guys do realize that WWZ currently has 80% at RT and Monsters University has 78%. I know a lot of people would have guessed bad things for WWZ due to the production woes, but it's really looking like it's actually gonna be good and is getting good reviews so far.

Just an FYI. Obviously, there is still a lot of time between now and next week. Things could easily change, but thus far, things are looking good.

WWZ is destined to go down, and it currently has a 57 out of 100 on Metacritic. Brave ended up with a 78% on the Tomatometer, and James still gave it two and a half stars.

I don't think it will go down by that much.


Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:48 pm
Profile
Cinematographer

Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 4:33 pm
Posts: 584
Post Re: Episode #22: The Monster Mish-Mash
Vexer wrote:
Sean wrote:
Pedro wrote:
I like Sean's picks. ;)

Are you going to use them then? :twisted:
ilovemovies wrote:
You guys do realize that WWZ currently has 80% at RT and Monsters University has 78%. I know a lot of people would have guessed bad things for WWZ due to the production woes, but it's really looking like it's actually gonna be good and is getting good reviews so far.

Just an FYI. Obviously, there is still a lot of time between now and next week. Things could easily change, but thus far, things are looking good.

WWZ is destined to go down, and it currently has a 57 out of 100 on Metacritic. Brave ended up with a 78% on the Tomatometer, and James still gave it two and a half stars.

I don't think it will go down by that much.

We'll just have to see.


Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:34 pm
Profile
Director
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:37 am
Posts: 1067
Location: Laurel, MD
Post Re: Episode #22: The Monster Mish-Mash
World War Z-- 2.5
Monsters University-- 2.5
Much Ado About Nothing-- 3.0

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/ken.rossman.5


Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:14 pm
Profile
Assistant Second Unit Director

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:39 am
Posts: 166
Location: NJ
Post Re: Episode #22: The Monster Mish-Mash
World War Z -- Image
Monsters University -- Image
Much Ado About Nothing -- Image

See that Sean? I'm now using stars from my own website. Never mind the fact they look terrible.

_________________
Founder, Editor, Webmaster, and Writer: http://www.filmreviews12.com


Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Cinematographer

Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 4:33 pm
Posts: 584
Post Re: Episode #22: The Monster Mish-Mash
sunshineisles2 wrote:
World War Z -- Image
Monsters University -- Image
Much Ado About Nothing -- Image

See that Sean? I'm now using stars from my own website. Never mind the fact they look terrible.

But I was flattered. :cry:


Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:55 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:51 pm
Posts: 492
Post Re: Episode #22: The Monster Mish-Mash
Sean wrote:
Pedro wrote:
I like Sean's picks. ;)

Are you going to use them then? :twisted:

Yessir!

_________________
I no longer have an image here! I got away with it for so long...


Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:54 pm
Profile
Assistant Second Unit Director

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:55 am
Posts: 103
Post Re: Episode #22: The Monster Mish-Mash
World War Z-**
Monsters University-***
Much Ado About Nothing-***


Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:44 pm
Profile
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:42 pm
Posts: 969
Location: New Zealand
Post Re: Episode #22: The Monster Mish-Mash
World War Z: 2.5
Monsters University: 2.5
Much Ado About Nothing: 3.0


Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:29 am
Profile
Assistant Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:39 pm
Posts: 131
Post Re: Episode #22: The Monster Mish-Mash
You know what, screw it: three for all!


Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:14 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr