Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:30 pm

Actors with the all time coolest/greatest voices 
Cinematographer

Post Re: Actors with the all time coolest/greatest voices
This is as good a place as any to mention this:

My girlfriend's father did some work with James Earl Jones ~ 20 years ago. He works for the National Air and Space Museum in DC and Jones came in to give some voice narration for a video they were putting together for the museum. My gf's dad got to write the script for Jones since it was his exhibit/video (basically he did all the research). He gave the script to Jones and went over it with him. He then saw Jones take out a red pen and start marking up every single word on the script. He says Jones was one of the nicest people he's ever met, but I guess he still thought the guy was being a Hollywood big shot and making his own corrections, so he asked what he was doing. Turns out Jones' terrible stuttering problem gives him fits when he reads things out loud so he has to make marks on certain syllables so he can read properly. It's fairly well known now that Jones has a horrible stuttering problem, but no one knew then. Pretty cool story, says me.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:41 am
Post Re: Actors with the all time coolest/greatest voices
PeachyPete wrote:
This is as good a place as any to mention this:

My girlfriend's father did some work with James Earl Jones ~ 20 years ago. He works for the National Air and Space Museum in DC and Jones came in to give some voice narration for a video they were putting together for the museum. My gf's dad got to write the script for Jones since it was his exhibit/video (basically he did all the research). He gave the script to Jones and went over it with him. He then saw Jones take out a red pen and start marking up every single word on the script. He says Jones was one of the nicest people he's ever met, but I guess he still thought the guy was being a Hollywood big shot and making his own corrections, so he asked what he was doing. Turns out Jones' terrible stuttering problem gives him fits when he reads things out loud so he has to make marks on certain syllables so he can read properly. It's fairly well known now that Jones has a horrible stuttering problem, but no one knew then. Pretty cool story, says me.

Yep, I knew of Jones' stuttering problem. He worked very hard to overcome it and he did so successfully. Sometimes the stutter problem comes through though. Perhaps when he is under stress. There are some clips of stage plays and that man is one hell of a great actor, not just a great voice. Here is a clip where it is clear, that he still has to put enormous effort into overcoming his impediment. I am also a bit conceared about his short breathl. He seems to suffer from some problems with his lungs, similar to Ckint Eastwood, who clearly is short breathed. I wish for both men that the problem will be under control in the future.

Here's the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QTwPC3AgU4

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:01 pm