Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:28 pm

Little things in movies you can't bear to watch 
Post Re: Little things in movies you can't bear to watch
Anytime anyone is throwing up. It could be my favorite movie--but as soon as I hear that sound, I plug my ears, and don't look at the screen until it is over. Which is hard to do always-especially if I have never seen that movie before. And truthfully, most dialogues don't say: "I am going to throw up right now." "I don't feel too good" is a good indicator though--but many, don't even resort to that. People just well vomit and it makes me queasy inside--and I feel like throwing up.

-Jordyn

Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:38 pm
Quote:
I wholeheartedly disagree and my reason isn't just cause I like nudity. We show nothing and it's in danger of going to Austin Powers territory...unless it's played for laughs like Austin Powers.

Yes, it all depends on the context. However, I don't think it was ever necessary for me to see Mel Gibsons arse. :shock:

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:01 pm
Patrick wrote:

I wholeheartedly disagree and my reason isn't just cause I like nudity. We show nothing and it's in danger of going to Austin Powers territory...unless it's played for laughs like Austin Powers.

Beowulf.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:13 pm
Tuco wrote:
Moovy1 wrote:
. . . Token T&A shots . . .

I see your point there--and I agree that movies in general would be better off without gratuitous nudity.

That said, I'm not sure I'd say I can't bear to watch . . . I usually fight my way through those scenes.

:roll:

hahahaha!that tickles.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:06 am
Starearedkid wrote:
Anytime anyone is throwing up. It could be my favorite movie--but as soon as I hear that sound, I plug my ears, and don't look at the screen until it is over. Which is hard to do always-especially if I have never seen that movie before. And truthfully, most dialogues don't say: "I am going to throw up right now." "I don't feel too good" is a good indicator though--but many, don't even resort to that. People just well vomit and it makes me queasy inside--and I feel like throwing up.

-Jordyn

i agree. i can't stand ***t gags either. gross gross gross

Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:09 am
falling in love within a week or so. really?

Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:13 am
- the sheer incompetence of Dennis Quaid and Kirsten Dunst as actors being contagious on screen, making everyone around they look like drama school amateurs. they oughta be banned from making movies.
- women having sex with the bra still on ALL THE TIME (a.k.a 90% of the time). i know it's cuz of the ratings but like c'mon!
- mid 20s actors playing high school students + overall common depiction of high school layered with campy stereotypes, makes me want to throw up and punch the director
- bad chemistry between leading characters (unless deliberate), that and characters falling in love too fast but i think that was already mentioned
- ADD-like fast cuts that give you a headache and draw you away from the action
- characters doin the painfully opposite of what any reasonable person would do in a given situation (think horror, characters cluelessly investigating dark places and gettin killed)
- bad pick up lines that end up working/hot characters pretending to be shy (thinking of the male lead in She's the Man, like you honestly expect me to believe THIS guy has trouble talking to women, b**** please)
- actors playing being blatantly hypocritical in the roles they play (thinking of the Mandy Moore "good Christian girl" character in A Walk To Remember, bad manipulation at its finest, I can't take these movies seriously cause I always feel cheated)

I can probably think of more but the fury is already in overload :p

Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:03 pm
One of my pet peeves is the burning stuntman, particularly if he runs about waving his arms after having been set on fire (cf. Watchmen prison riot). This must be about the oldest trick in the book of stunts.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:11 pm
Unke wrote:
One of my pet peeves is the burning stuntman, particularly if he runs about waving his arms after having been set on fire (cf. Watchmen prison riot). This must be about the oldest trick in the book of stunts.

But that's the most awesome of stunts...if only cause I like fire.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:18 pm