Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:17 am

The Forum Made Me Do It! 
Post The Forum Made Me Do It!
Based on browsing the forums, are there any movies you hadn't considered watching until seeing it talked about here?

I plan to watch Logan's Run this weekend based on some of the comments here.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:50 pm
Post Re: The Forum Made Me Do It!
Not as of yet, no. But there have been many movies mentioned here that I have seen before, and talking about them has made me want to watch them again.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:53 pm
No not really, I follow my own movie path.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:33 pm
I watched Master and Commander based on the inclusion on the new classics list. Also started re-watching The Wire from the beginning after talking about what a great show it was.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:43 pm
It hasn't happened yet, though I feel more inclined to see The Fog of War than I did before.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:03 pm
Pedro wrote:
It hasn't happened yet, though I feel more inclined to see The Fog of War than I did before.

Yeah, do it, do it, please. I'd love to know what you think. One of, if not, my fave docus of all time.

I was lucky enough to work with Errol Morris on a project. He's extraordinarily talented and very unique. I subsequently watched everything he did :-) Vernon Florida and Gates of Heaven are also greats.

Rob

Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:41 pm
Robert Holloway wrote:
Pedro wrote:

Yeah, do it, do it, please. I'd love to know what you think. One of, if not, my fave docus of all time.

I was lucky enough to work with Errol Morris on a project. He's extraordinarily talented and very unique. I subsequently watched everything he did :-) Vernon Florida and Gates of Heaven are also greats.

Rob

I think I spread a bit of love for the Fog of War as well, one of my favorite docs.

Thanks to you, Holloway, I rented For All Mankind and was absolutely enthralled with it, it's also a nice surprise whenever a movie you rent happens to be a criterion

EDIT: Actually I think it may have been someone else who recommended it, either way it's really very good

Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:49 pm
Robert Holloway wrote:
Pedro wrote:

Rob

Aight, it's number two in my Netflix queue. The Joy Luck Club's number one, but I need to rewatch it because of a contest coming up. You have to film a one-minute adaptation/advertisement/retelling of some piece of literature (chosen from a list). So I'm doing The Joy Luck Club As Told By Joaquin Phoenix.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:04 pm
I have gotten quite a few entries that I haven't seen but plan on seeing. Just to start:

Raise the Red Lantern
The Third Man
The Seventh Seal
The Seven Samurai
The Hidden Fortress
Plan 9

While I feel that I've seen a lot (of course not anywhere close to all) of the American classics, I won't to dive into foreign and Indie cinema more. My favorite foregin film thus far is Le Samurai.

I also plan to go back and watch a lot of films that I haven't seen in a while, mostly Hitchcock.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:59 am
roastbeef_ajus wrote:
I also plan to go back and watch a lot of films that I haven't seen in a while, mostly Hitchcock.

I find that the older I get, the more I love Hitchcock

Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:01 am