Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:48 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Worst 5 movies of all time 
Author Message
Director

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:28 pm
Posts: 1537
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
Patrick wrote:
corpen11 wrote:
The Marine

You can't get worse than this.


Friendship over...ok, not really but nobody insults my favorite awesomely bad movie!

Oh and I kinda revised my 5 worst

1. Captivity
2. Xanadu
3. The Pest
4. Son of the Mask
5. Alone in the Dark



Your number three is correct, I seen the film when I was young but now watching it again NOT FUNNY!!!!!!


Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:56 pm
Profile YIM
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
corpen11 wrote:
The Marine is really bad, but it does have some funny moment(the bad guy who likes rock candy WTF?!!?)

Son of the Mask is truly awful, seen it completly two weeks ago.
Mac and Me, I haven't seen the film but two clips from youtube made me a bliever of this god awful trainwreck.
go to youtube and type in mac and me dance scene prepare for the worst.


Nah, I'd rather watch the whole of Mac & Me.


Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:58 pm
Director

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:44 pm
Posts: 1469
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
anyone see any of the titles on imdb's bottom 100?

http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom

Some of the movies Bo Derek made with her husband in the 80s make some of the movies mentioned in this thread look like Citizen Kane. I remember the pained expressions on Siskel & Ebert's faces when reviewing them.

here's a funny review from amazon on one of their collaborations.

Quote:
Released a decade after 10 made Bo Derek a dubious celebrity, Ghosts Can't Do It was Bo's husband John Derek's final film as a director, and it's surely one of the worst movies ever made. Watching it will induce howls from even the most lobotomized audience, making it a top choice for bad movie parties... but are you sure you want to subject anyone to the horrors on display? Bo gets in the buff for a few minutes, but no amount of nudity can compensate for John Derek's unbelievably wretched dialogue, most of which is delivered by Bo with such blank, vacuous blandness that all you can do is sit, stunned into silence by the sheer stupidity of this vanity production.

After exploiting his trophy bride in similarly noxious movies like Tarzan, the Ape Man and Bolero, John Derek died in 1998 (at age 71), and this supernatural tripe suggests that true love reaches beyond the grave. The conceit here is that Bo's rich, much-older husband Scott (the ultra-hammy Anthony Quinn) still lusts after the hilariously distraught Katie (Bo's character) long after his suicide with a 12-gauge shotgun. But he's a ghost in need of a body to possess, so Bo embarks on a global journey to find a choice hunk of man-meat, kill him, and let Scott's spirit reap the benefits. Locations in Wyoming, Sri Lanka, the Maldive Islands, and Hong Kong do nothing to save this jaw-dropping clunker. It's a home movie made by brain-dead narcissists and should come with a disclaimer about the hazards of watching it.


Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:54 pm
Profile
Director

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:28 pm
Posts: 1537
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
God bless Siskel and Ebert. The youtube clips are great, it bring a scene of how much I truly love movies.


Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:24 pm
Profile YIM
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
calvero wrote:
anyone see any of the titles on imdb's bottom 100?

http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom




Most definitely! I try to intersperse these with my viewing of more "normal" fare for two reasons:

1. It reminds me of all the things that a good movie requires (script, story, acting, direction, editing, etc).
2. They're usually a lot of fun in their own right.


For example, has anyone else actually seen R.O.T.O.R.? :shock: Awesomely bad in its awesome badness.

Manos, Catalina Caper, Creeping Terror, and Skydivers (and many others on the list, I'm sure) have great MST3K episodes. Fascinating to me that someone (or a great many someone's) spent a lot of time making something so ridiculous. I wish there was a "making of" for something like R.O.T.O.R., with commentary track to document all that went wrong. Or maybe those involved are happy with the result, who knows? And I say that will true affection for many of these silly films.

But I have yet to see Ghosts Can't Do It.


Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:47 pm
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
HomerJ wrote:
calvero wrote:
anyone see any of the titles on imdb's bottom 100?

http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom




Most definitely! I try to intersperse these with my viewing of more "normal" fare for two reasons:

1. It reminds me of all the things that a good movie requires (script, story, acting, direction, editing, etc).
2. They're usually a lot of fun in their own right.


For example, has anyone else actually seen R.O.T.O.R.? :shock: Awesomely bad in its awesome badness.

Manos, Catalina Caper, Creeping Terror, and Skydivers (and many others on the list, I'm sure) have great MST3K episodes. Fascinating to me that someone (or a great many someone's) spent a lot of time making something so ridiculous. I wish there was a "making of" for something like R.O.T.O.R., with commentary track to document all that went wrong. Or maybe those involved are happy with the result, who knows? And I say that will true affection for many of these silly films.

But I have yet to see Ghosts Can't Do It.



HomerJ's post has reminded me to purchase a copy of Batman & Robin ASAP solely for the commentary track. Legend has it that the cast/crew of the picture deconstruct the horror before your eyes and eventually apologize for their participation. Interesting.

The desire for a commentary track (or making-of doc) for movies like Manos: The Hands of Fate and other MST3K classics is something that many of us share. While it's enjoyable to hear Sam Mendes yammer on about how everything came together wonderfully for American Beauty I'd really like to hear a director/producer explain how everything failed to come together. Rather than listen to another director fellate himself over Jodie Foster's blistering performance I want to hear how a director was forced to make a movie to appease the producer's mistress.


Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:58 pm
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
Hi,
The most worst movies of all time"
Epic Movie
Mortal Kombat.
Adrenalin: Fear the Rush
Battlefield Earth
The Pest.
Thanks,
---------
Andrew
Movies Zone


Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:47 pm
Director

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:28 pm
Posts: 1537
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
andrewdesouja wrote:
Hi,
The most worst movies of all time"
Epic Movie
Mortal Kombat.
Adrenalin: Fear the Rush
Battlefield Earth
The Pest.
Thanks,
---------
Andrew
Movies Zone



That's a pretty good(by good I mean bad) list.


Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:45 pm
Profile YIM
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
I really think Battlefield Earth is the all time winner. The effort that went into this movie, the big stars involved - Travolta and Oscar winner Forrest Whitaker(!) - the truly awful makeup, dialogue, editing (screen wipes, everyone!).

Just knowing this was in development for YEARS, with Travolta pushing to get Ron Hubbard's "fantastic vision" to the big screen. I shake my head in wonder.


Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:17 am
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
I know i'll get hung drawn and quartered for this

But I kinda liked the Marine

I know it's lame but it's just an innocent piece of stupidity that no one with half a brain should watch

It knew what it was and had no thoughts of grandeur

Rob


Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:44 am
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
Robert Holloway wrote:
I know i'll get hung drawn and quartered for this

But I kinda liked the Marine

I know it's lame but it's just an innocent piece of stupidity that no one with half a brain should watch

It knew what it was and had no thoughts of grandeur

Rob


Wait...I would be surprised but I kinda remembered in the 12 Rounds thread that you said you did see The Marine. But do you actually like The Marine or just like it in a So Bad It's Good way that I do.


Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:51 am
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
Patrick wrote:
Robert Holloway wrote:
I know i'll get hung drawn and quartered for this

But I kinda liked the Marine

I know it's lame but it's just an innocent piece of stupidity that no one with half a brain should watch

It knew what it was and had no thoughts of grandeur

Rob


Wait...I would be surprised but I kinda remembered in the 12 Rounds thread that you said you did see The Marine. But do you actually like The Marine or just like it in a So Bad It's Good way that I do.
I liked both 12 Rounds and The Marine in a just plain good way, I know Cena's no actor but he's not godawful either IMO.


Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:01 am
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
Patrick wrote:
Robert Holloway wrote:
I know i'll get hung drawn and quartered for this

But I kinda liked the Marine

I know it's lame but it's just an innocent piece of stupidity that no one with half a brain should watch

It knew what it was and had no thoughts of grandeur

Rob


Wait...I would be surprised but I kinda remembered in the 12 Rounds thread that you said you did see The Marine. But do you actually like The Marine or just like it in a So Bad It's Good way that I do.


Patrick

I would hardly recommend it

The film passes an idol 90 minutes or so in an inoffensive way

For what it set out to do i thought it was Ok. I enjoyed it.

Rob


Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:25 am
Producer

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:04 am
Posts: 2156
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
The Marine was awful! But I actually enjoyed 12 Rounds. It's a decent action time waster.


Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:02 am
Profile
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
I don't know about five worst of all time, but I'll say the most godawful film I've seen is Dead Fish. Wow, that was bad

And I like The Marine


Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:34 pm
Director

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:28 pm
Posts: 1537
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
The Marine is a bad film, but it's harmless. You know what you are in for just by watching the trailer.

P.S. The black guy should have is own film, for some reason i want to know his deal with rock candy.


Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:30 pm
Profile YIM
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
corpen11 wrote:
The Marine is a bad film, but it's harmless. You know what you are in for just by watching the trailer.

P.S. The black guy should have is own film, for some reason i want to know his deal with rock candy.


You obviously weren't paying attention cause we were told what the deal with rock candy was.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Some camp counselor who loved rock candy molested him as a boy.


No, I did not make that up.


Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:43 pm
Director

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:28 pm
Posts: 1537
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
Patrick wrote:
corpen11 wrote:
The Marine is a bad film, but it's harmless. You know what you are in for just by watching the trailer.

P.S. The black guy should have is own film, for some reason i want to know his deal with rock candy.


You obviously weren't paying attention cause we were told what the deal with rock candy was.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Some camp counselor who loved rock candy molested him as a boy.


No, I did not make that up.


That's F'ed-up even for a bad film.


Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:10 pm
Profile YIM
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
corpen11 wrote:
Patrick wrote:
corpen11 wrote:
The Marine is a bad film, but it's harmless. You know what you are in for just by watching the trailer.

P.S. The black guy should have is own film, for some reason i want to know his deal with rock candy.


You obviously weren't paying attention cause we were told what the deal with rock candy was.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Some camp counselor who loved rock candy molested him as a boy.


No, I did not make that up.


That's F'ed-up even for a bad film.
That scene was hilarious :lol:


Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:39 pm
Post Re: Worst 5 movies of all time
5: The Untold Story - Films can be tasteless and entertaining but my god this was not one of them. Terrible acting, piss poor direction and a lack of any particular tone render this movie completely inert and entirely unpleasant trash.

4: The Mangler - I'm almost tempted to put this under the so bad its good category but The Mangler passed that line and kept on running. To put in words just how awful and inept this movie is would take to long so I'll use just use one small sentence: this movie is sh**.

3: 10,000 B.C. - This was quite possibly the stupidest movie I have ever seen. I felt offended by the god-awful screenplay, the piss poor acting, I also felt offended that I had wasted $8 and nearly two-hours of my ever shortening life just to watch this drivel assault me in my seat. Lets just say that my expectations for 2012 and anything but high.

2: Resident Evil: Apocalypse - If there has been a film made with worse direction work that please point it out to me so I know never to watch it. Pair this quality -or lack thereof- with one of the stupidest screenplays, the lamest acting and special effects and you have one of the least enjoyable movies this decade.

1: Heavy Metal - The most nihilistic, misogynistic, racist pieces of trash I have ever seen, made worse not just that it has been presented in animated form but that its also some of the worst animation this side of a Beavis and Butt-Head episode. Does anyone find it entertaining to see women raped and treated as nothing more than sex objects? Or to see children brutally murdered merely for the sake of your entertainment? This film was one of the most disgusting, wretched movie experiences I've ever had and if I could only erase it from my mind I feel I'd be a better person.


Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:05 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr