Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:30 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Sexual Chocolate presents: 100 years, 100 quotes 
Post Re: Sexual Chocolate presents: 100 years, 100 quotes
Sexual Chocolate wrote:
59. "That's what I love about these high school girls. I get older, they stay the same age."

I was having this conversation with one of my co-workers, and I said, "You ever go to the beach or the pool, and you see some girl on her stomach suntanning, and you say to yourself, 'Goddamn, she's hot.' And then she turns over and you realize she's only 14, and you feel like a real perv?"

"Yeah," he said. "Except I don't feel like a perv."

I immediately thought of this scene and this line from Dazed and Confused. So bam, #59.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnlv1wd13fY

I'm with your coworker on this one. The way I see it, as long as I don't actually try and have sex with the 14 year old girl, I'm not actually doing anything wrong, because really, the attraction to the 14 year old in the first place is the reaction of my sex drive, something that I can't control in any way with my rational, conscious mind. Now, if I leered for minutes at a time or, you know, tried to fuck the 14 year old, yeah, that's a little pervy*, but just having the fleeting thought? Pfffffffffffffh.

And, uh... great job with the thread? I don't say a whole lot but I do read all your selections. You're doing a stand-up job, as far as I'm concerned. Actually, that should just be my motto for the entire forum: "I don't say a whole lot but I read almost everything. You guys are swell!"

You know what, fuck it: new signature. I hope you assholes are inspired.

*(arguably)

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:49 am
Zeppelin wrote:
And, uh... great job with the thread? I don't say a whole lot but I do read all your selections. You're doing a stand-up job, as far as I'm concerned. Actually, that should just be my motto for the entire forum: "I don't say a whole lot but I read almost everything. You guys are swell!"

*(arguably)

I'd change my signature, but I'd hate to lose my status as the only person on the forum with a picture in the signature. (Hooray for sneaking through the system before the rule took hold!)

And definitely keep going, Mr. Chocolate. Once you get to the top ten, I'll be biting my fingernails in suspense. Or in bad habit. One of them.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:39 am
Zeppelin wrote:
Sexual Chocolate wrote:
59. "That's what I love about these high school girls. I get older, they stay the same age."

I was having this conversation with one of my co-workers, and I said, "You ever go to the beach or the pool, and you see some girl on her stomach suntanning, and you say to yourself, 'Goddamn, she's hot.' And then she turns over and you realize she's only 14, and you feel like a real perv?"

"Yeah," he said. "Except I don't feel like a perv."

I immediately thought of this scene and this line from Dazed and Confused. So bam, #59.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnlv1wd13fY

I'm with your coworker on this one. The way I see it, as long as I don't actually try and have sex with the 14 year old girl, I'm not actually doing anything wrong, because really, the attraction to the 14 year old in the first place is the reaction of my sex drive, something that I can't control in any way with my rational, conscious mind. Now, if I leered for minutes at a time or, you know, tried to fuck the 14 year old, yeah, that's a little pervy*, but just having the fleeting thought? Pfffffffffffffh.

*(arguably)

First things first - Dazed and Confused - hell motherfucking yes! A personal favorite of mine. Hilarious and smart.

Second things second - I'm with Zep on the 14 year old thing, although it does feel a little odd when you do it and you're close to 30. However, in my hypothetical situation loving, sick mind, I ask this: What if a pedophile (or person that could be a pedo should they act on it) has those same urges and thoughts toward a child (not a 14 year old, but a little kid, like 5 or 6), yet don't act? Is that gross, or pervy, or wrong? Theories abound that they can't control those sorts of thoughts any better than we "normal" people can. Yet, I still find it disgusting.

If homosexuality isn't a choice (and I don't think it is), then how are homosexuals any different than pedophiles? They both have natrual urges they can't control that aren't considered "normal" by most of society. Now, don't take this as me preaching Pedophiles Are People Too(!!!), but I think it's interesting to look at where and why we draw these lines. Clearly a pedo takes advantage of a younger, innocent, non-sexual being and that can really fuck someone up. As a society, we can't just let pedophilia take place. I have no idea where I'm going with this and I'm just rambling at this point. Respond if you'd like, or think I'm some kind of sicko for having these thoughts in the first place. I'm stopping here.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:09 pm
Pedro wrote:
If homosexuality isn't a choice (and I don't think it is), then how are homosexuals any different than pedophiles? They both have natrual urges they can't control that aren't considered "normal" by most of society. Now, don't take this as me preaching Pedophiles Are People Too(!!!), but I think it's interesting to look at where and why we draw these lines.

Given the way you phrased it, then... how is paedophilia different from masturbation? There have been times in history when maturbation was considered abnormal by society and I assume most other guys have an uncontrollable urge to masturbate from time to time. So what's the difference?

What society deems "abnormal" nine times out of ten is usually completely arbitrary (and usually more normal then the people doing the labelling realise).
-Jeremy

Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:54 pm
thered47 wrote:
Pedro wrote:
If homosexuality isn't a choice (and I don't think it is), then how are homosexuals any different than pedophiles? They both have natrual urges they can't control that aren't considered "normal" by most of society. Now, don't take this as me preaching Pedophiles Are People Too(!!!), but I think it's interesting to look at where and why we draw these lines.

Given the way you phrased it, then... how is paedophilia different from masturbation? There have been times in history when maturbation was considered abnormal by society and I assume most other guys have an uncontrollable urge to masturbate from time to time. So what's the difference?

Somehow you quoted Pedro. I like Pedro quite a bit and wouldn't want his name sullied or associated with some of this weirdness put forth on this forum by my brain and fingers. The quoted are some of those weird thoughts put forth by my brain and fingers.

Exactly. That's my point. Sort of. So, not exactly. Masturbation is an act used to satisfy an urge, while I'm of the belief that homosexuality, and in all likelihood, pedophilia run quite a bit deeper than that. However, the sexual urge itself is comparable, so what you're saying works well enough. Heterosexuals, homosexuals, and pedophiles aren't as different as we think, yet homosexuals are often vilified in society (even if things are much better than they were 20 or 30 years ago), and pedophiles are seen as the one of the lowest forms of humanity. If none of these things are choices, then why are people faulted for being one of them?

thered47 wrote:
What society deems "abnormal" nine times out of ten is usually completely arbitrary (and usually more normal then the people doing the labelling realise).
-Jeremy

Absolutely. That's my point. There's really no such thing as normal, which is why I called it "normal". Why then, do people parade around as if anyone who's even the slightest bit off from some irrational, non-existent state of normalcy that's been arbitrarily created by who the hell knows who, is some kind of lesser person? Also, if that's the case and I realize it, why do I still find pedophilia absolutely disgusting?

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:13 pm
PeachyPete wrote:
thered47 wrote:

Absolutely. That's my point. There's really no such thing as normal, which is why I called it "normal". Why then, do people parade around as if anyone who's even the slightest bit off from some irrational, non-existent state of normalcy that's been arbitrarily created by who the hell knows who, is some kind of lesser person? Also, if that's the case and I realize it, why do I still find pedophilia absolutely disgusting?

Because homosexuality, like heterosexuality, is an act between two consenting adults who understand what they are doing. Sex, one way or another, is an act of giving, and as such it's a beautiful thing. Rape and pedophilia are reprehensible bastardizations of sex in that they are acts that take. What do kids understand about sex? They are in a developing stage in which they are unprepared for sex both emotionally and physically. Pedophilia debases what should be two of the most pure (and opposite) things that exists, childhood and sexuality. There is no defense behind it.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:24 pm
JJoshay wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:
thered47 wrote:

Because homosexuality, like heterosexuality, is an act between two consenting adults who understand what they are doing. Sex, one way or another, is an act of giving, and as such it's a beautiful thing. Rape and pedophilia are reprehensible bastardizations of sex in that they are acts that take. What do kids understand about sex? They are in a developing stage in which they are unprepared for sex both emotionally and physically. Pedophilia debases what should be two of the most pure (and opposite) things that exists, childhood and sexuality. There is no defense behind it.

Sigh. Read what I've been writing, I'm not defending pedophilia. I actually made your exact point two posts ago. Obviously there's a victim to pedophilia where there isn't between consenting heterosexual or homosexual adults. That's a given. That's not what I'm talking about, which is obvious if you read what I've been saying. I think most people are smart enough to realize pedophilia, in practice, has victims that homosexuality and heterosexuality do not.

I'm talking about the urge, not the act. In our society if a person admitted to having the urges of a pedophile, yet not acting on them, they'd still be seen as a disgusting human being. If those sorts of urges occur as naturally as homosexual urges, or heterosexual urges, why are they looked at as awful?

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:54 pm
PeachyPete wrote:
Sigh. Read what I've been writing, I'm not defending pedophilia. I actually made your exact point two posts ago. Obviously there's a victim to pedophilia where there isn't between consenting heterosexual or homosexual adults. That's a given. That's not what I'm talking about, which is obvious if you read what I've been saying. I think most people are smart enough to realize pedophilia, in practice, has victims that homosexuality and heterosexuality do not.

I'm talking about the urge, not the act. In our society if a person admitted to having the urges of a pedophile, yet not acting on them, they'd still be seen as a disgusting human being. If those sorts of urges occur as naturally as homosexual urges, or heterosexual urges, why are they looked at as awful?

Perhaps I should have clarified I wasn't arguing with you, or disagreeing. :arrow:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:01 pm
JJoshay wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:

Perhaps I should have clarified I wasn't arguing with you, or disagreeing. :arrow:

Ah ha! My mistake then. Also my apologies if I came off like a dick. I was slightly annoyed at the thought of having my own thoughts thrown back in my face to debate a point I wasn't even making. Again, sorry.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:21 pm
Director

58. "You're too fucking blonde!"

When Fight Club was released, a lot of attention was focused on the film's violence. Often overlooked was how funny the film was, and this scene is a perfect example. I've seen Fight Club many times, and this scene never fails to make me laugh.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGJuA8LhlV0

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:32 pm
Director

57. "Look, he's jackin' his little weenus."

A lot of us may be soured on The Hangover by now (did it really need a sequel?), but the first film had its funny moments, and plenty of wisecracks. I did like Zach Galifinakis' character; he plays the guy who nobody in real life would ever want to have as a friend, but the movie kind of throws that to the wind. Anyways, I choose this line because it was unexpected, and it cracked me up.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsiWdVe2aWg

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:44 pm
Director

56. "Go ahead. Take your best shot, motherfucker."

The greatness of this quote isn't really in the quote itself, but in what happens after. Watching the video clip is essential for this one. By Part 8, the Friday the 13th series had pretty much descended into self-parody, so there were just as many (unintentional?) laughs as there were feeble attempts at scares. Personally, I kind of liked the idea of putting Jason in New York City. Too bad the movie wasn't that good.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phvbNghKPRY&feature=related

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 pm
Sexual Chocolate wrote:
56. "Go ahead. Take your best shot, motherfucker."

The greatness of this quote isn't really in the quote itself, but in what happens after. Watching the video clip is essential for this one. By Part 8, the Friday the 13th series had pretty much descended into self-parody, so there were just as many (unintentional?) laughs as there were feeble attempts at scares. Personally, I kind of liked the idea of putting Jason in New York City. Too bad the movie wasn't that good.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phvbNghKPRY&feature=related

I always thought part 8 was pretty underrated myself.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:22 pm
Director

Vexer wrote:

My personal favorite is Jason Lives. It's not that spooky, but has a good balance of thrills and yuks.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:29 pm
Sexual Chocolate wrote:
Vexer wrote:

My personal favorite is Jason Lives. It's not that spooky, but has a good balance of thrills and yuks.

Jason X was my personal favorite.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:38 pm
Director

55. "It's Second Coming." ... "Well I like it."

I found this one funny primarily because I'm a music collector, and a fan of the Stone Roses. Second Coming was their second album, and it was radically different from their first. Naturally, it turned off a lot fans of their first. But I liked it.

Which brings me to the quote. Shaun of the Dead is hysterical, but I love all of the absurd moments in it, such as Shaun and Ed debating which records to throw at the zombies...despite the fact that the zombies will kill them. And of course, there's the use of "Don't Stop Me Now" in the pub, which may be the best use of a Queen song in a movie ever. And so on. Many of you have probably seen Shaun of the Dead, but if you haven't definitely check it out. It's a keeper.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLquz4Iz-30

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:52 pm
Director

54. "I don't mean to sound like a dick or nothing, but it says on your chart that you fucked up. You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded."

Idiocracy is one of my favorite movies of the past decade. Unfortunately, very few people got to see it during its initial run. Unfairly dumped into just a few theaters by its distributor, it has fortunately found a cult following, which is great, because Idiocracy is a sharp satire, and its concerns are close to my heart.

I've always believed that if intellectual evolution is possible, than intellectual devolution is also possible. And it seems to me that we're heading down that road already, if a cursory glance at what occupies the public consciousness is any indication: TLC, Kim Kardashian, Dancing With the Stars, Two and a Half Men, Fox News, Transformers. And so on. Our politics practically are an idiocracy of sorts.

I feel pity if this does become the end result of our species. The only solace I take is that I might not be alive by the time the great garbage avalanche hits.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8yoSAiwY18

Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:34 pm
You forgot to mention the lowest point of all-Jersey Shore

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:33 pm
I dig Idiocracy. Nice premise and quotable dialogue. It's more than a bit of a mess though. Probably not Judge's fault. Heard it got cut up.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:48 pm
Director

53. "He hates these cans!"

The Jerk is one of those movies I tend to quote a lot. I don't know why; it's silly, dumb, and...well, maybe that is the reason. I've always liked this scene for its silliness; a maniac decides to kill our hero (for no real reason), but he thinks the guys just wants to shoot cans. They don't really make comedies like this anymore.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcwz8-EfFYE

Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:05 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next