Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:04 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
Sexual Chocolate presents: 100 years, 100 quotes 
Director

Post Re: Sexual Chocolate presents: 100 years, 100 quotes
69. "I drink your milkshake!"

Why it's great

One time, my fiancee (now my wife) and I were sitting in a diner. She ordered a milkshake, a vanilla one. A few minutes after the milkshake came, I reached across the table and chugged the entire thing down.

"What the hell are you doing?" she says.

I wipe the milk and cream off of my face and try to get over the world's worst ice cream headache.

"I...drink...your...MILKSHAKE!!!" I shout. "I drink it up!"

People looked at me funny. True story.

Watch here: http://movieclips.com/6ikds-there-will-be-blood-movie-i-drink-your-milkshake/

Last edited by Sexual Chocolate on Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:30 pm
SNL actually had a pretty fun parody of the line. If memory serves right, it involved Daniel Plainview hosting a Food Network show called "I Drink Your Milkshake".

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Director

68. The parasol speech

Why it's great

This one has some personal significance for me. When I was a kid, I was friends with a girl in elementary school. We got along well, but I switched schools and gradually we lost touch. I haven't seen her in nearly 20 years. But I think about her from time to time, and what might have happened had we not lost touch. She's my girl with a parasol.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjysEphoZX8

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 pm
Director

67. "What you represent to them is freedom."

Why it's great

No film truly captured the 1960s like Easy Rider, and Jack Nicholson's monologue midway through the film sums up the decade better than almost anything ever written. It's hard to believe the 60s actually happened, looking back on it. This monologue captures the very spirit of the counterculture - they were people pursuing freedom on their own terms. Which is why, of course, the powers that be had to end it. But these words are so relevant for today's times, just as they were relevant then.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyaUtnWr8Gw&feature=related

Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:24 am
Director

66. "How's your sister? The hot one, not the other one."

Why it's great

This one qualifies as one of my personal favorites. Super 8 is half of a great movie and half of a really crappy one, and this line comes in the great half. I found it to be funny, well-placed, and most definitely something I'd have said if I were in the same set of circumstances. So it makes the list.

Sadly, I couldn't find a clip of this. This movie isn't on DVD yet, so Youtube clips aren't in great quantity or quality. But soon they will be.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:20 am
Sexual Chocolate wrote:
66. "How's your sister? The hot one, not the other one."

Why it's great

This one qualifies as one of my personal favorites. Super 8 is half of a great movie and half of a really crappy one, and this line comes in the great half. I found it to be funny, well-placed, and most definitely something I'd have said if I were in the same set of circumstances. So it makes the list.

Sadly, I couldn't find a clip of this. This movie isn't on DVD yet, so Youtube clips aren't in great quantity or quality. But soon they will be.

My favorite was the kid with the braces, 'Hey, could you get my friend another plate of fries cause he's fat?'

Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:43 am
Director

65. "But you did not persuade me, Nicholas. You did not persuade me."

Why it's great

Can we all admit that this is the line that won Forest Whitaker the Oscar? I thought he was great as Idi Amin, but the Academy really doesn't go much for "finesse" performances; actors generally need to have one great big bombastic scene or play a retard to win an Oscar. This here was Whitaker's bombastic moment. But it was a good one, and this was a good line. The film itself...only okay. But Whitaker's performance was very powerful.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUSqIpRjUQU

Last edited by Sexual Chocolate on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:26 pm
Your image isn't showing for some reason.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:48 pm
Director

Strange...I can see it just fine.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:56 am
It might be your browser but I can't see it either.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:22 am
Director

OK...how about now?

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:43 am
Ah now I see it.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:05 pm
Director

64. "If your fucking is as good as your policework, then you couldn't hit the G-spot on a ten-pound pussy."

Why it's great

Me, Myself and Irene is a merely okay film that has some great moments. Most of those involve Jim Carrey's three black kids, who are a hoot and a holler. Simultaneously Einstein-like intelligent and hilariously vulgar, they provide some of the best laughs in the film, as in the above exchange with Chris Cooper. I couldn't find a Youtube clip of it, but there's other clips of the trio from the film, and they're pretty funny.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:27 pm
Director

63. "Well hello Mr. Fancypants. I've got news for you. You ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and shit. And Jack left town."

Why it's great

No one delivers a one-liner quite like Bruce Campbell, and there are plenty of them in Army of Darkness. What I find so amusing about this film is the numerous ways he finds to say "fuck you," such as in the quote above. When you boil it down, practically every other line in Army of Darkness is a variant on "Fuck you" in its context, even if the actual phrase isn't used. No, this movie isn't as horrific as The Evil Dead. Nowhere close, in fact. But it's infinitely funnier.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj563ViG7Qg

Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:23 pm
Army of Darkness is, by far, the most quotable of The Evil Dead movies. Almost every other line that Ash utters is a classic. You could have gone with "Pillow talk" or "I'm the guy with the gun" or...well, about several dozen other lines. The one you've chosen is pretty fucking great though.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:05 pm
Director

62. "Piss taker? Come on!"

Why it's great

I got a big laugh out of this scene, because it reminded me of the days I was a journalist, and you had to always be vigilant of people trying to prank you by telling you a fake name, such as Benjamin Dover, Jack Mehoffer, Michael Hunt, Hugh Jass, Stu Padasso, and others. So perhaps I had the benefit of experience, and maybe found this scene a bit funnier than most would. But even so, Hot Fuzz is a pretty damn good movie, and has some great notable quotables (plus an awesome Point Break parody). If you haven't seen it yet, check it out.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcSg6dAZ03w&feature=related

Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:28 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Army of Darkness is, by far, the most quotable of The Evil Dead movies. Almost every other line that Ash utters is a classic. You could have gone with "Pillow talk" or "I'm the guy with the gun" or...well, about several dozen other lines. The one you've chosen is pretty fucking great though.

Hell yes I concur. My personal favorite...

"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me. Blow."

Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:12 pm
Director

61. "Crammin'? Listen, if you wanna prepare to go to college you gotta start rammin'."

Lloyd Kaufman makes his second appearance on this list with this gem from Class of Nuke 'Em High. I've already said that Kaufman is one of my all-time favorite directors, and there's always some good one-liners in all of his films. I considered taking another great line from this movie (that being "shut up and put that little pecker back in your pants"), but this one, when put in its context, is really funny. When you watch the clip (the line is around the six minute mark), you can tell that even the actor in the scene found it funny.

Other highlights from this clip: Fast forward a bit and you'll hear the Smithereens playing their classic "Much Too Much, and an unidentified girl pops her top around 9:20.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uKBWq0o0_w&NR=1

Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:36 pm
Director

60 "What's that smell?" ..... "Doooookiee."

This is a great scene. It involves Hulk Hogan making the most of his acting talents, which is to say that he spends an excessive amount of time growling at other people. Many laughs are to be had. The movie, on the other hand, is pretty crappy. Watch at your own risk.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk-Tc7oltjE

Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:27 pm
Director

59. "That's what I love about these high school girls. I get older, they stay the same age."

I was having this conversation with one of my co-workers, and I said, "You ever go to the beach or the pool, and you see some girl on her stomach suntanning, and you say to yourself, 'Goddamn, she's hot.' And then she turns over and you realize she's only 14, and you feel like a real perv?"

"Yeah," he said. "Except I don't feel like a perv."

I immediately thought of this scene and this line from Dazed and Confused. So bam, #59.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnlv1wd13fY

Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:40 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next