Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:24 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Guilty Pleasures - Bad Movies you love 
Post Re: Guily Pleasures - Bad Movies you love
Live Wire, a Pierce Brosnan flick from 1992 that is too ludicrous for words. Brosnan plays a McGyveresque bomb disposal expert dealing with terrorists who use a liquid bomb (!) that looks and tastes like water to blow up all kinds of people. I never miss this one when it's on TV.

Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:11 pm
Quite a few Arnie films. ALso Riki-Oh and the Lost skeleton of Cadavra.

Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:25 pm
Well I really loved Cutthroat Island even though it bombed massively at the theaters...

Attachments:
Cutthroat_island_ver2.jpg
Cutthroat_island_ver2.jpg [ 87.33 KiB | Viewed 1279 times ]
Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:21 pm
Quote:
Well I really loved Cutthroat Island even though it bombed massively at the theaters...

oh, so YOU're the one :P

I kid. I have an old VHS of this film tucked away some where. Used to rewatch often as a kid, only recently made the connection that this is the mathew modine from Full Metal Jacket. It's got some good lines though, when she looks at the map words in the reflection of the knife pointed towards his balls.
"They're backwards". Shaw: "I assure you miss, they're totally adequate"

Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:21 pm
I think Last Action Hero is quite funny and kind of clever. Is something wrong with me?

Seeya,
nuxx.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:58 am
I LOVE Underworld. And Underworld 2. Rise of the lycans not so much, no Beckinsale...

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:38 pm
Superman III, Superman IV, and Street Fighter: The Movie are all films I've seen an unhealthy number of times. I can probably recite every line of dialogue word for word. My fondness of them is based more on the properties they're based on than the films themselves.

Hey, if Berardinelli can cop to enjoying Xanadu, I should be able to sit down and watch Raul Julia pontificate about the Pax Bisonica with my head held high.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:00 pm
Not really that bad, but I don't know anyone that likes it as much as me: The Fifth Element.

And Starship Troopers as well....

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:23 pm
Moovy1 wrote:
Not really that bad, but I don't know anyone that likes it as much as me: The Fifth Element.

The Fifth Element is NOT a BAD movie. It's a good movie which i love as if it were a MASTERPIECE. One of my childhood movies which i love irrationally, more than i can say.

And Starship Troopers i HATED the first two times i saw and LOVED it everytime i saw it after. Don't know why, but suddenly i started to appreciate it.

So, please do NOT rag on these wonderful, wonderful movies.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:58 am
ogto wrote:
Moovy1 wrote:

The Fifth Element is NOT a BAD movie. It's a good movie which i love as if it were a MASTERPIECE. One of my childhood movies which i love irrationally, more than i can say.

And Starship Troopers i HATED the first two times i saw and LOVED it everytime i saw it after. Don't know why, but suddenly i started to appreciate it.

So, please do NOT rag on these wonderful, wonderful movies.

They both make escapism quite easy...especially The Fifth Element.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:44 am
But i don't think anyone's ever felt guilty for liking those movies. If they have, they should be ASHAMED.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:32 pm
I don't really consider these to be bad films but a lot of people do so I guess they work for this list: At any rate, I would say that The Last Boy Scout, Four Brothers and Mallrats are my biggest guilty pleasures. I like these films so much that in many ways, the term "underrated gem" seems more appropriate that "guilty pleasure" but that's just me I suppose.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:49 am
This is a weird 1
I’m not sure anyone besides me likes this movie but…
The Beach
It had so many possibilities to be great
Needed Francis Ford C directing tho
Cause who doesn’t wont to see a Apocalypse N 2

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:47 pm

Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:31 pm
Every movie mentioned so far, plus:

Beach Girls vs. the Monster

Brain From Planet Arous

Waxwork

Roadhouse Roadhouse Roadhouse
. Three more votes.

And yes, The Fifth Element is awesome. But what the hell is Chris Tucker doing?

Seagal in On Deadly Ground. And Hard to Kill. And just about everything else.

I finally saw Superman IV. ($4 at WalMart). Nuclear Man? Are you kidding? So much fun.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:45 pm
Bad Boys 2

Nothing better than the over the top highway chase scene. Oh, and the convoluted, totally implausible plot that leads them to cuba. Gotta love Michael Bay.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:57 pm
How could I forget about Stone Cold? Starring the incomparable Brian Bosworth :shock: and of course, Lance Henriksen.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:02 pm
Red Dawn
Outland
I. Robot (I put this on the list so I can admit that I like it--in fact I don't even think it's a bad movie, but I think I'm the only one who thinks that way, so . . .)
the remake of The Parent Trap -- my kids love that movie, and I admit I sit down with them every time it's on
Joe Versus the Volcano
Mr. Mom
Cool Runnings
High Anxiety (is this a guilty pleasure movie or not? I LOVE it, though)
The Chronicles of Riddick

Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:06 am
I wouldn't call any of those "bad" movies, Tuco. Not high art, that's for sure.

I absolve you of all guilt, or at least can join you in hell for punishment.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:46 am
I've always liked What Lies Beneath even though it's incredibly underwhelming once you consider the talent involved

Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:13 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next